Manipulator made easy.

Pixi

Go to the Boyle mansion to get this achievement. Here's what I did:

First I stole the whale oil closet key from the guard nearest the wall of light. Then I rendered five guards unconcious and piled them in the closet. On top of that I added a couple of whale oil tanks like scrumptious cherries on a murder sundae. I then fired off a few bolts to aggro the remaining guards.

Note 1: to knock the guards out, possess them and march them into the closet. Close the door and leave their bodies. Immediately after you exit the possession they will have their back to you so it's an easy choke. Mind you - the last guard I walked in there wouldn't allow me to choke him, for some odd reason, so I had to dart him.

Note 2: make *absolutely* certain that you don't kill or sleep anyone once you have your pile set up. The game, for whatever reason, can only handle five bodies at a time in a confined area. That means; if you kill anyone else (or knock them unconcious) one of your five guards will despawn which will be mucho annoying and consequences will never be the same.

Anyway...

After that it was just a matter of crouching in the back of the pile and wait for the fireworks to commence. As predicted, one of the aggro'd guards eventually shot a whale oil tank in a fit of rage and made it explode - thus blowing up all of his friends in the process hehe. It doesn't much matter if you die too (although you should be able to survive the blast) since you will get the cheevo regardless before the game prompts you to load a save.

*Blip*- Achievement Unlocked. :)

I tried the whole bending time and put someone in front of the bullet but it was such a hassle. This way was real easy and fast.

Edited by Pixi
My keyboard is dyslexic. No, really.

It just so happens I am on Mission 5 right now and I am just trying to make sure I understand you correctly.

After that it was just a matter of crouching in the back of the pile and wait for the fireworks to commence. As predicted, one of the aggro'd guards eventually shot a whale oil tank in a fit of rage and made it explode - thus blowing up all of his friends in the process hehe.

After you walk the 5th guard in the room you don't knock him out? And have him shoot at you which will hopefully also hit a tank of whale oil which will blow him and his 5 buddies up. ?

or

Did you knock out the 5th guard and then wait for someone to wake up? I have not stayed around anyone long enough to see if they wake up from being knocked out.

Thanks in advance for the help

I am also having trouble making it to the closet while in possession of a guards 3,4 and 5. Any tips on making it go faster?

Edit: I sounded the Alarm trying to wake up the guards. While that did not work a bunch came running so I ran back to the Whale Oil room. And got it by pure luck/stupidity as it funneled a bunch into the room and one guy was sitting back just firing at them.

Edited by BBDrew84

I knocked the fifth guy out with a sleep dart. Then I aggroed other guards to come shoot at me. If you place the unconcious guys right inside the door along with the canisters then chances are good that the ones shooting will blow themselves up as well since they'll (as you say) funnel in through the door. So even if one guy in your pile despawns you should still score the cheevo fairly easy.

Edited by Pixi
once again...