Achievement Discussion

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, after seeing the achievement list I'd be ripping my head off and keep screaming after countless amount of dying if playing. I'll avoid it for now else I'll be having a heart attack on the damn Library level.

Supposedly "The Library" is going to be easier this time around, I remember hearing that a few months ago..

I don't think it will be as much easier because that will change the core gameplay but I believe it was said they are going to add more lighting so you are able to see better. Which I guess will make it easier because that was a big problem for me.

I think I'm gonna play it in classic mode. just to make this more tougher.

For me personally, the hardest achievement will probably be beating Truth and Reconciliation with 4 bullets left in the Sniper. This is suggesting you will have to keep the sniper on you the entire level AND you can't use all of your ammo for it. This level lacks a pistol, so your only arsenal is an Assault Rifle, Plasma Rifle, Plasma Pistol, or Needler.

Library speed run's gonna be the worst hands down

I agree, probably the toughest achievement this game. I may have some problems with the one where you can't lose a block of health on heroic or higher, I was playing The Pillar of Autumn on Legendary in preparation late last night, I seemed receive a glancing blow from a stray grenade now and again, but I'll keep trying so I know I can do this when Anniversary comes out. The other achievement that's not exactly tough, but I find to be rather time consuming, is How Pedestrian. I know you have to grenade jump in the unnatural cave, but I can't seem to do it. DarkReign, what happened to your guide? Did it get removed? I NEEDZ HALP

I agree, probably the toughest achievement this game. I may have some problems with the one where you can't lose a block of health on heroic or higher, I was playing The Pillar of Autumn on Legendary in preparation, I seemed receive a glancing blow from a stray grenade now and again, but I'll keep trying so I know I can do this when Anniversary comes out. The other achievement that's not exactly tough, but I find to be rather time consuming, is How Pedestrian. I know you have to grenade jump in the unnatural cave, but I can't seem to do it. DarkReign, what happened to your guide? Did it get removed? I NEEDZ HALP

Yeah. They removed it.

I don't personally recommend using Pillar of Autumn for "He's Unstoppable" as even I have some trouble on that level to this day (Curse that damn stairway!) My personal suggestion, assuming you're willing to glitch the game, is Assault on the Control Room. At the beginning of the level when you first get to the bridge, you're able to scale the cliff down to the bottom of the canyon (easier on Co-Op.) This will despawn every enemy in the game. If that's not your cup of tea, there's also the Banshee Rocket glitch. If you fly fast enough through the tunnel after large indoor room, t will despawn every enemy from the canyon with the tower to the end of the level.

(Ignore the second half. The first half is the banshee to do the glitch. Doing this is also a way to unlock "I'll take that" earlier than normal (the second half of this video is the "official" banshee they're expecting players to hijack.)

As for the gap on Level 2, this trick is going to require a plasma grenade. You're going to have to position the throw perfectly and get a running jump to make it. Throwing a grenade at your feet and jumping like most grenade launches isn't going to work in this scenario.

Edit: And apparently I have no clue how to embed Youtube videos anymore...

Edited by DarkReign2021

Am I the only one that doesn't remember there being any skulls or terminals in the first Halo game? I thought skulls weren't introduced until Halo 2.. and Terminals in 3.

You're right. There were no skulls and terminals in the original Halo CE. 343 have added them now, one in each level afaik. You can only interact with them when you're using the new graphics. They don't exist in classic mode.

I dont think any of my friends are getting this (mostly just MW3) so i was wondering if anyone wants to add me and we could do the campaign on Legendary when this game comes out on release day.

We could also work towards the level specific achievements afterwrds.

I wanted to play the game on Regular then Remastered version.

If your possibly interested please feel free to add me on xbox live @ JONBLEACH

thanks

Ok. I just finished my Legendary run of Halo: CE with the 'Achievement' Guidelines. Obviously I can't know if they're all 100% accurate (still not sure exactly how the Sniper in T&R works) but to the best of my knowledge all of these achievements are manageable. If it had been the Anniversary version, the only ones I would be missing are the Terminal and Skull cheevos. It took me about 5 hours to get through the campaign with the use of various tricks and glitches in each level.

So, who else is ready for Anniversary? :D Those terminals have me shaking with anticipation. I'm dying to know what's on them. More information about the Forerunner, the Inferi, and Halo 4 in general. I'm game. I just wish Glasslands would hurry up :-/ That'll help tide me over until Anniversary and Primordium.

Ok. I just finished my Legendary run of Halo: CE with the 'Achievement' Guidelines. Obviously I can't know if they're all 100% accurate (still not sure exactly how the Sniper in T&R works) but to the best of my knowledge all of these achievements are manageable. If it had been the Anniversary version, the only ones I would be missing are the Terminal and Skull cheevos. It took me about 5 hours to get through the campaign with the use of various tricks and glitches in each level.

So, who else is ready for Anniversary? :D Those terminals have me shaking with anticipation. I'm dying to know what's on them. More information about the Forerunner, the Inferi, and Halo 4 in general. I'm game. I just wish Glasslands would hurry up :-/ That'll help tide me over until Anniversary and Primordium.

Hey man, do u mind if i add you to my FL on xbox live, im also currently playing Halo Reach and i have no friends that play the game and im always stuck playing with mic-less teammates