Achievement Guide + Spy Bot/Coin Locations

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/243/cover.jpg

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/243/0jc8P2Nh.jpg <---- All the achievements have the same picture, so I didn't put them all in.

Mr. Fantastic (80)

Upgrade all of Mr. Fantastic's Powers

See “Thing”

Invisible Woman (80)

Upgrade all of the Invisible Woman's Powers

See “Thing”

Human Torch (80)

Upgrade all of the Human Torch's Powers

See “Thing"

Thing (80)

Upgrade all of The Thing's Powers

During the game you will earn coins by smashing objects. At the end of each act you are given the option to upgrade your characters (though you can do this at any time by pressing the back button). Once you’ve got all the powers upgraded for any of the characters, you’ll get their achievement. You can only upgrade a certain amount depending on where you are in the story. This will probably take 2-3 playthroughs, and must be done on the same difficulty, so do not start a new game until you are done with this, just keep replaying levels.

I would suggest doing Military Base, Act 1. This seems to net the most money each time.

Hero

120 Complete the game in normal difficulty mode.

Simply progress through the game on Normal.

Superhero

160 Complete the game in Fantastic mode.

Simply progress through the game on Fantastic. Like most other games, doing it on Fantastic does not give you the achievement for Normal.

*Important* - This should be the last thing you get, because as soon as you start a new game, you lose any progress you made previously. So if you don’t want a ton of extra work for yourself, get all the achievements on Normal and then once you only have this left, start a new game and just beat it again.

Doomed

30 Defeat Dr. Doom

While he is flying around, hit the switch on the giant machine to shoot him down. Then just pound the crap out of him with Ben's RT+B attack. He'll run away and go back to flying, just repeat the whole process. Extremely easy for a final boss...

Skrull's Demise

20 Defeat Super Skrull

To defeat the Super Skrull, you have to use the Thing to pick guys up and throw them into the glowing ball in the middle. After about 10-12 guys the shield will drop. Switch to the Human Torch and use the RT+X fireball attack until it’s depleted, then switch back to Thing and use the RT+B ground pound attack. The shields will go back up after you hurt him some. Rinse and repeat until he’s dead.

Or, just shoot the glowing ball with fireballs and use the same method to attack the Super Skrull. Thanks, flea... don't know why I didn't think of that ;)

Elemental Master

20 Defeat Terrax

After doing the first two security rooms, you should have a feel for how to make the beams of light hit their target, so hit the bell and figure out that pattern until he is stunned, then unload on him with Ben's RT+B attack until he stops glowing when hit, then run away because he is going to do a similar shock wave to hurt you. Any time Ben dies, go to someone else and run into a side room until he is back up, everyone else is basically useless during this fight.

Skrull Slayer

20 Complete Skrull Lair Level

Self-explanatory. See “Skrull’s Demise” for tips on the boss battle.

Cold War Relic

20 Complete Red Ghost Level

Self-explanatory.

Wedding Crasher

20 Complete New York Level

Self-explanatory.

Rock Crusher

20 Complete Terrax Level

Self-explanatory. See "Elemental Master" for tips on the boss battle.

Arctic Explorer

20 Complete Military Base Level

Self-explanatory.

Shanghai Success

30 Complete Shanghai Level

Self-explanatory. See "Doomed" for tips on the boss battle.

Treasure Hunter

80 Successfully unlocked all content in game.

Once you have "Fantastic Four" and have beaten the game once, this will also unlock.

Fantastic Four

60 Find all of the silver four symbols.

See the post below for locations. There are 36 in total.

Doom Tracker

40 Find all of Doom’s Spy bots in the game.

See the post below for locations. There are 12 in total.

Assist

20 Successfully execute a 2-player fusion attack.

This can be done as soon as you start the game pretty much, just stand by a teammate and hold down the left trigger, then press any of the buttons that appear over their heads.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doom Spy Bots

Act 2, Skrull - Automatically get this to progress the story directly at the beginning of the level.

Act 2, Skrull - In the second room where you need one person on each pressure plate, it is in the left corner.

Act 1, NYC - On the building behind where you start, right side of the stairs when you turn around.

Act 2, NYC - In a small opening on the right side during the boss fight.

Act 1, Red Ghost - In the first room you fight monkeys in, go behind the objects with wings or whatever on it, it is on the ground, so use Ben's RT+B move.

Act 2, Red Ghost - On the console after you talk to Doom on the monitor.

Clobberin' Time - Turn around as soon as you start, it's on the wall.

Act 2, Terrax - In the first cubby on the right side during the boss fight, high up.

Act 1, Military Base - Right after Reed calls for a ride, go to the left and it's on a desk.

Act 2, Military Base - After taking the lift in the red room with all the desks, it is on the wall to the left, high up.

Act 2, Military Base - In the room directly after the last one, it is on the wall to the left of the computer.

Shanghai - On the left side somewhat close to the beginning of the level in a small alcove.

Well, that's all of them. Good luck!

Silver 4 Symbols

Skrull Lair, Act 1

+Inside a rock in the corner of the first pressure plate room, where you have to have all four characters stand on the plate.

+Inside a rock in the room with the lava river, just after the mini-boss.

+In the corner of the room with the large battle at the end of the act.

Skrull Lair, Act 2

+ After you open the door to the long walkway with the mini-boss on it, it is just inside the door on the right side.

+ In the room where you first use Mr. Fantastic’s evade ability through the lasers, just inside the door on the left.

+ Behind a pillar during the Super Skrull fight. Just run around the room until you find it.

New York City, Act 1

+ In the corner of the room with the red carpet.

+ After you move the crane to get to the second building, go around back.

Subway Chase

+ Very near the beginning on the left side of the train cars.

New York City, Act 2

+ Behind a dumpster on the left side before the first barrier.

+ In a small opening on the left side before the third barrier.

Lincoln Tunnel

+After the first car pile-up on the left side.

+Further down the tunnel during another pile-up with a school bus, also left side.

Red Ghost, Act 1

+ Behind the first generator that you power with Johnny’s fire.

+ At the bottom of the ramp in the room with the three-story elevator.

+ On top of a steam grate in that same room.

Red Ghost, Act 2

+ After talking to Doom, it is in the boxes next to where the lasers were.

+ After disabling the first set of lasers in the giant generator room, go through the tunnel and they are underneath some indestructible boxes in the next room.

+ After killing four monkeys to disable another set of lasers, go straight in that room before you go to where the lasers are.

Terrax, Act 1

+ In the very first room, on the right side after some rocks.

+ Behind a lone lion statue in a blue-lit dead-end.

+ Just inside the large room with the yellow rocks hanging from the ceiling, right side.

Terrax, Act 2

+ After the lift, go to the right and dead-end into a statue. Right at the feet.

+ Instead of going inside the mountain, go straight and dead-end into another statue.

+ Behind the big statue on the third level of the mountain, after the two security levels.

Military Base, Act 1

+ This is right in the beginning behind green lasers, but you can't get it right away. Progress through the level until you get to the computer that says "Open Security Bays" and then backtrack to the start. On the opposite side of the room from the lasers, there is a white room now open with a power box high up. Hit that and go collect the coin.

+ When you get to the part where Ben says "Hey Big Brain, there's a computer" you're going to use the computer and backtrack out into the room with the circle desk in the middle. Go all the way across the room and inside this newly opened door is a breakable wall. It's behind there.

+ After Reed calls for a ride, go back the way you came. Go into the first room on the left, then turn around. On the wall near the ceiling is a power box, use Reed's RT+X move to break it. Continue down the way and the power grid blocking this coin will be gone.

Military Base, Act 2

+ During a somewhat large robot fight (in a room with a circle desk in the middle), break the wall on the left side. Edit: I meant a large group of robots, not a single large robot. Sorry about the confusion there.

+ In the back left corner during the second robot fight in the Skrull warship room, there is a small cubby with some boxes, break them to find it.

+ On the third level where you call the elevator, it is behind a green laser grid. The power box is in the left room, up high.

+ When you get to the missile silo, find a power box on one of the supports on the ground level and smash it. It appears to do nothing. Find a similar power box on every level as you go up the silo, but make sure it doesn't open a door or drop a laser field, because that's not the one you're looking for. If you get them all, a door on the top level will be open with a coin inside.

Shanghai

+ On the right side, use Johnny to fly up to a ledge and behind the building.

+ Further down the street, this time on the left side. Same method.

+ Further down again, back to the right side. Same method.

+ During the fight with Doom, all the way to the back of the area, behind a fence.

Well, that's all of them. Good luck!

NOTE: Many people claim to have got this coin listed below, but I never did and I got the achievement. If after following the above guide and you still don't have it, get the one below.

Magma Tunnel

+ Down The Tunnel When Johnny says "this is too much fun", it is on the left side next to the guy shooting at you.

credit for this goes to luse_belmont on gamespot. The only one missing is Terrax Act 1 so if anyone knows where it is please feel free to add it.

Skrull act 1 - the Second time you see the big Skrull with the pillar by the Skrull ship, the Bots in one of the far corners of the room.

Skrull act 2 - In the second weight room in a corner.

New York act 1- it's at the very beginning at the far back.

New York act 2- in one of the alleyway's a little more then halfway through the short level, just use Thing and shockwave them all until you find the bot.

Red ghost act 1- In the first room you fight the monkey’s in go behind the partition to find it.

Red Ghost act 2- after Doom is talking to the FF the Bot is on the computer, you might have missed it do to the monkey attack but you can see it in the cut scene. (might be act 1, either way I forgot the other one or haven't found it)

Terrax act 1-

Terrax "clobbering time" thing mission - just go around the room using shockwave to break up everything between the statues..

Terrax act 2 - On inside wall in one of the nooks around the Terrax Boss fight.

Military Base act 1- near a desk

Military base act 2- on a wall after a lift

FInal Act- In one of the alley's of the street section...

credit for this goes to luse_belmont on gamespot. The only one missing is Terrax Act 1 so if anyone knows where it is please feel free to add it.

Skrull act 1 - the Second time you see the big Skrull with the pillar by the Skrull ship, the Bots in one of the far corners of the room.

Skrull act 2 - In the second weight room in a corner.

New York act 1- it's at the very beginning at the far back.

New York act 2- in one of the alleyway's a little more then halfway through the short level, just use Thing and shockwave them all until you find the bot.

Red ghost act 1- In the first room you fight the monkey’s in go behind the partition to find it.

Red Ghost act 2- after Doom is talking to the FF the Bot is on the computer, you might have missed it do to the monkey attack but you can see it in the cut scene. (might be act 1, either way I forgot the other one or haven't found it)

Terrax act 1-

Terrax "clobbering time" thing mission - just go around the room using shockwave to break up everything between the statues..

Terrax act 2 - On inside wall in one of the nooks around the Terrax Boss fight.

Military Base act 1- near a desk

Military base act 2- on a wall after a lift

FInal Act- In one of the alley's of the street section...

how about the one you get given in act 2 of skrull lair???

how about the one you get given in act 2 of skrull lair???

Like I said in my post, the list is credited to someone else.

HOWEVER :) I have started again so I can go through and confirm (and perhaps narrow down) the exact locations. I couldn't find the spybot which is supposed to be in the main hanger on Skrull Act 1 so I am presuming this is the one given automatically, unless anybody knows any different :)

I have been informed that this is the correct location for the first spybot, but should you not pick it up in the game, it is automatically given as it is part of the story. This has yet to be confirmed though but sounds plausible enough.

No worries mate, infact I'm doing exactly the same. I just figured it would be good to at least give you a start and then work on building it up from there. I'm checking all the locations too since the list wasn't mine so if I can be of any help then please let me know.

I also know that from luse_belmonts post on gamespot, he wrote the descriptions down from memory and has said that he doesn't mind if someone uses it to make a more accurate list, just as long as credit is given where credit is due :)

1 Coin right behind the door of the 2nd weight room 2nd act of the first level. right as you go out the door from the 2nd spybot.

1 coin on the torch level flying thru the lava tunnel, near the mid its on a ledge next to a guy shooting you.

3 COINS IN SHANGHAI! USE TORCH TO FLY UP TO THE LEDGES BETWEEN THE BUILDINGS AND SEARCH FOR THEM!!!

Military Base - At the first time you use Invisible womans invisibility to get thru a blue laser, dont. Go thru it, hit the switch and 3 turrets in a door will open. Blow them up and you see another switch to open a door to your far right. Go thru it and use Things SMASH to break the door down the hall and theres a coin.

Final Act When Fighting Doom, Go around and smash all the stuff there is 1 Coin near one of the buildings doors behind the fence.

ill be going thru it 1 more time on the harder mode after i find the rest of these peices of crap :(

ONLY 2 MORE ACHIEVEMENTS LEFT!!!!

Doom bots and The expert mode :)

IM ONLY MISSING 1 STUPID FREAKING BOT :(

Ok, I finished the guide and found all the collectibles. Hope everything is clear enough. If you still can't find anything with my descriptions, just ask. Just need to finish leveling two characters and then go through on Fantastic and I'll be done!

Mods: Stickaroo? ;)

I'm having trouble still with the 2nd coin on the military base, the one + When you get to the part where Ben says "Hey Big Brain, there's a computer" you're going to use the computer and backtrack out into the room with the circle desk in the middle. Go all the way across the room and inside this newly opened door is a breakable wall. It's behind there.

I can't find the breakable wall. Is it just through the door or is it further into that corridor? I may already have this one which is why I can't see it but I don't remember a breakable wall being through there which is why I'm struggling with it.

Murbay, once you use the computer and get back to the room with the big circle desk, it is the room directly across from you, there are two robots inside and one of those big black door/wall things that you can smash. It's all that's inside, so you can't miss it if you go in the right door.

Murbay, once you use the computer and get back to the room with the big circle desk, it is the room directly across from you, there are two robots inside and one of those big black door/wall things that you can smash. It's all that's inside, so you can't miss it if you go in the right door.

Thanks, will try now. It's just soooo frustrating when you get to 35/36 and can't remember where you picked up all the rest. I already had 32/36 before you posted your guide so perhaps I should have waited :p

I'm sure thats the one I'm missing because I don't remember smashing down a wall there on my first run through. If not, then it will either be on Red Ghost or Terrax :(

I got it, thanks Pants :)

The reason I never saw it before was because when I sent Sue through the barrier to power up the switch, I also made her invisible when coming out. This in turn does not open the door opposite the power switch which then does not give you another powerswitch to open the bottom door which is why I missed it the first time. Once I triggered the blue lasers, the rest was easy and the breakable door was obvious :)

So for anyone else having trouble with that one, trigger the alarm by running into the blue lasers and it will open the necessary doors for you to get this coin.

Just the fantastic achievement to go now

Nevermind I found it... its during the boss fight and its the first cubby on the left, the way it was explained made it seem as though it was at the begining of the level

Also there are 36 coins but you have the locations for 37.. could the extra one be in terrax 2 during the boss fight? the one thats supposed to be in plain sight which i cant see

Also there are 36 coins but you have the locations for 37.. could the extra one be in terrax 2 during the boss fight? the one thats supposed to be in plain sight which i cant see

Ha! I must have seen a normal gold coin and thought it was a special one. I'll take that out. Thanks. I'll also be more specific on that doom bot you were talking about.

I'm having difficulty finding the first coin in Military Base Act2 (During a somewhat large robot fight, break the wall on the left side.). Are you talking about the fight with the big mech? If so I can't find the breakable wall. If not, which fight are you referring to? NEVERMIND I just found the coin...it's in the room with the circle desk.