Why Does It Take So Long For Story Quests To Spawn?

CyanideSpirit

Seriously, I didn't mind it at first, but i'm pretty sure i'm basically at the end of the game, and I cannot for the love of me trigger the final mission for some reason. Any advice or help guys?

Because if the story missions spawned upon completion of the previous mission, the game would only be about 10 minutes long. The focus of the game isn't really meant to be on the story. It's meant to be on the overall experience. But I get what you're saying. Pretty fucking stupid when you've done and seen everything. Yet the game still makes you stand around with your thumb up your ass doing menial tasks until it decides you're ready for the next mission.

Because if the story missions spawned upon completion of the previous mission, the game would only be about 10 minutes long. The focus of the game isn't really meant to be on the story. It's meant to be on the overall experience. But I get what you're saying. Pretty fucking stupid when you've done and seen everything. Yet the game still makes you stand around with your thumb up your ass doing menial tasks until it decides you're ready for the next mission.

You capable of a single post without swearing? Think if makes you look like a tough guy or something? All I see is someone lacking a basic vocabulary to express himself.

You capable of a single post without swearing? Think if makes you look like a tough guy or something? All I see is someone lacking a basic vocabulary to express himself.

Nope. But it's good to know that it's so easy for virtually everyone one the internet to be able to know all about a person based off of their posting habits on a single website.

Any other stupid fucking questions?

Funnily enough I thought the limited emphatic swearing in ThePumpkinKing's post was well chosen, and actually served to help convey his opinion more vividly. Surely there are many other instances of swearing on this forum more deserving of your somewhat priggish opprobrium?

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you're saying, this is not a game to be rushed through. I just get tired of doing the same repetitive zed hunt or rescue a survivor mission 25 times and to no avail, see no advances whatsoever in the story.

If you have a lot of alerts or whatever they're called then I think it makes the story quests less likely to appear. For example I waited a good 30 minutes until I finally decided to get rid of the "too many infestations" alert by clearing one out and boom a story mission appeared right after I got the alert to go away. Maybe just luck?

If you have a lot of alerts or whatever they're called then I think it makes the story quests less likely to appear. For example I waited a good 30 minutes until I finally decided to get rid of the "too many infestations" alert by clearing one out and boom a story mission appeared right after I got the alert to go away. Maybe just luck?

That doesn't matter at all. I had to start a second playthrough because the last mission wasn't appearing. It was just a constant stream of Infections and hordes. And people in my camp who were sad/angry/wanted to waste my time. I would tackle whatever the game threw at me and waited until more missions popped up. Eventually, I just got really bored.

• 4 weeks later...
That doesn't matter at all. I had to start a second playthrough because the last mission wasn't appearing. It was just a constant stream of Infections and hordes. And people in my camp who were sad/angry/wanted to waste my time. I would tackle whatever the game threw at me and waited until more missions popped up. Eventually, I just got really bored.

Same position, im bored shitless waiting for my last quentin and becca mission to show up. I have 390 gamerscore in this game and this is my last achievement.