New Dynasty warriors!!!

Delboy06eu

If you are any sort of dynasty warriors fan, you will of heard that they are releasing a new dynasty warriors. Only thing is, its not really a new game. Its dynasty warriors; Strikeforce which is currently out on the psp. It's pretty awesome and has some really cool new ideas for the franchise. Its getting ported for the ps3 and xbox 360 and i think has a japanese release date of November sometime. What i dont know is when it gets a UK/US release. You guys heard any more??

I have never actually played this DW myself but I have watched a good friend of mine play it on his PSP on his tv and I was not too impressed. It seemed like they combined it with Monster Hunters, which is not my cup of tea but more to you if you are happpy with it. I am waiting on the new Warrior series, "Warriors: Legends of Troy."

• 4 weeks later...

It's actually an extremely disappointing game. And thats coming from a person who's played not only every DW game since 2, but almost every Koei game since 2003, and enjoyed almost all of them.

An example of the awfulness;

Every character can turn into some super saiyan wannabe that can fly. And in the demo I played, Lu Bu was guarding Hu Lao Gate with some giant demon monster thing.

They have just put the achievements up on this site for it. As much as anyone can slate these games, their sheer hacking pleasure cannot be denied. And this one has online co-op. I believe you can even have four people on one map! Just had a look on play.com and it said a U.K release date of Feb 2010.

It's actually an extremely disappointing game. And thats coming from a person who's played not only every DW game since 2, but almost every Koei game since 2003, and enjoyed almost all of them.

An example of the awfulness;

Every character can turn into some super saiyan wannabe that can fly. And in the demo I played, Lu Bu was guarding Hu Lao Gate with some giant demon monster thing.

Wait, that's actually a downside? :confused:

It's supposed to be a more fictional game from what I've heard, with more RPG elements and less "realism". And to be honest, I kind of like the departure from realism every now and then since playing the same game over and over could use a freshening up every now and then no matter how fun it is. I enjoyed the Warriors Orochi series, and I know this one will play quite differently, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it nonetheless.

• 3 weeks later...

It was released in Japan on October 1, 2009. I already have almost all the achievements, but need a boosting partner for the final one. Pretty hard to find one since none of my friends have an Xbox. Still waiting for them to open the forum for the game.

Story takes yet another nonsensical hit as they threw in the gigantic monsters/machines to increase the difficulty level to `annoying'. Other fights are really easy once your character gets leveled, but you still need to construct items (for which materials are annoying to grind for) to get your character to the power levels we're used to.

Not helping are the different effectiveness of weapons against different types of enemies. Having an appropriate second weapon helps, but if your character is weak at that particular weapon type, then comes the grind to increase weapon proficiency.

Collecting all Officer cards is horrible, since they appear at random. I only had about 60% of them once I finished every single quest and upgraded all the city facilities to maximum (really the only reason the Officer cards exist).

But still, quite an addictive game, once I got used to it (nearly gave up early on). Full achievement completion is about 70-100 hours. I'm currently on 96 hours, but that's because I spent a lot of time fooling around online and grinding out weapon proficiencies to max.

Anyone else currently playing this game? We could probably help each other out with the MP achievements. Anyone who wants items to complete weapons is also welcome to PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the video as well a while back... you can check out the site and look at all the versions of characters and their transformations. Some of them actually look kind of cool but I really dont know until we are able to play it.. Some of the things in the trailer looked so epic im not really sure what to make of it.

To be honest I dont know if I can handle another DW game after grinding DW6 for so long... Hack and slash games are great but I can only handle so much of the same EXACT game... I too have played DW since 2 but seriously they need to change something... and not just make it so your characters can transform or marry eachother or whatever else thay have done so far.

The ONE good thing in this game which is probabaly the ONLY good improvement is the online play. Online play would make grinding so much more pleasurable being able to play with friends and would make the game have a much more lasting appeal. Perhaps item and horse trading? If they implemented something like this they could probably revive the franchise completely.

This game looks almost like a "last ditch effort" thing... like they all decided "well there's not much more we can do because we are too lazy to make new characters or to update the graphics or add features that are actually usable... we might as well butcher the characters we have like we did with Warriors Orochi 2"

In the end we can all complain as much as we want but we are going to end up buying it... and playing it... and complaining about having to grind and how *insert favorite character here* was better in *insert any previous version of DW here*...

Hey there is at least one benefit from this though... If the online play works we know that every game from here on will include that feature most likely.

Please god (Koei) do not make this game as laggy as Warriors Orochi 2.. thats all I ask.

-Ragz

• 2 months later...

I for one cant wait for the new DW game to come out! Im a huge fan, and am currently working my way through the acheivements, very slowly! the website for the new game is here incase anyone wants a peek! ill definatley be pre-ordering it soon, though DW6 Empires release date kept being put back hopefully the same wont happen again here!

http://dynastywarriorsstrikeforce.co.uk/

A must-buy for me! :woop:

Still, I'm waiting for the next true Dynasty Warriors. The one that has life guards and musou rages as in DW5, developing horses as in DW6, a versus mode as in Orochi, all scenarios that have been left out, new characters as well as those that have not reappeared since DW3, and, most important, an online coop-mode. When will this masterpiece be forged by the gods of KOEI?! :eek:

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have played Dynasty Warriors since the first one, that's fight the fighting game. And I have enjoyed all most all of them. I remember having a DW game and the XL version coming out and I spending another X amount of money on it. I never played Empires because that's not my style, I played Kessen and Three Kingdoms, not my style. I like the hack and slash. Where it be DW, SW, WO, I enjoy it. I think the "Fury" form, the town set up, the weapons stats will bring this back to life. No matter what rating these games get I will continue to buy them. I personality think the online Co-Op is over due. I too look forward to SF and Warriors: Legends of Troy. I will say my other gripe wth the games are when they chose to leave out older characters, and when they seem to change their weapons...I don't know if they are doing it for change or a mistake. I believe in DW6 a lot of people had different weapons, like Gan Ning. (If I'm wrong I am sorry in advance, I only have DW6 right now and can't compare weapons) When it comes to SF I believe they did the same thing, like Lu Bu;s crazy cross pole arm, is that for effect or boredom or what. (Still looks BA tho, just confused with the weapon changes) Any way that's my two cents.

I'm always open to FRs, tired of having 16 out of 18 people playing CoD MW2 lol

A must-buy for me! :woop:

Still, I'm waiting for the next true Dynasty Warriors. The one that has life guards and musou rages as in DW5, developing horses as in DW6, a versus mode as in Orochi, all scenarios that have been left out, new characters as well as those that have not reappeared since DW3, and, most important, an online coop-mode. When will this masterpiece be forged by the gods of KOEI?! :eek:

Best post i've ever seen..i would love for the day that this game would come out. it would definitely be MY Game of the Forever haha

A must-buy for me!

Still, I'm waiting for the next true Dynasty Warriors. The one that has life guards and musou rages as in DW5, developing horses as in DW6, a versus mode as in Orochi, all scenarios that have been left out, new characters as well as those that have not reappeared since DW3, and, most important, an online coop-mode. When will this masterpiece be forged by the gods of KOEI?!

Best post i've ever seen..i would love for the day that this game would come out. it would definitely be MY Game of the Forever haha

Indeed! :woop:

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...