Achievement Discussion

Webb

This may be a silly question but it it possible to beat gears of war on hardcore solo or is it better in co-op? Or maybe I could do it first on casual then on hradcore would that help, honestly I think it might what do think? If your wondering why I'm asking this it's because I haven't played this game in a long time.

i hear it helps to play co-op for insane

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Can anyone confirm that in co-op, both players have to be at the same difficulty setting? For example, can I play on insane while my partner plays on casual? I know that we could do that for Gears 2, but I had heard that we can't do that in Gears 1.

you can't. both will be on the same difficulty level. i did insane solo and it wasn't that bad :eek:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, it is possible to get the "I Spy With My Little Eye" and "The Money Shot" at the same time, but that is extremely unlikely considering the fact that you can get headshots with the shotgun, which is most people's preferred spawn weapon. Also, this becomes more unlikely because some matches your headshots and/or sniper kills may not count due to most of the multiplayer achievements being buggy.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

quick question. any difference between the downloadable version from gfwl that is $20 versus the retail copy? retail copy is selling for over $55 easily now but wanted to know if there were any differences.

also, the bonus (downloadable?) content is it all on disc or does it come on a separate redeem card type or what? Been looking to get this now but debating on which version to get. Thanks and hope to boost with someone :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anybody ever confirmed that theory that that buggy MP weapons achievements comes down to a 'trust' rating that Microsoft gives you, based on how regularly you quit games?

It's just that with my new GT, I've just started Gears again, and have decided to try and 100% it (on my old GT I was missing Seriously). I have only ever quit out of one match on any MP game I've played so far, and Pistolero unlocked bang on 100 kills for me. I was curious as to whether or not I was just lucky or w/e.

EDIT: This is on the Epic forum:

"Here is what our Gears of War producer, Rod Fergusson, replied when someone asked about not getting the "Seriously" achievement which probably applies similarly to your question...

I’m assuming that you’re taking your kill count from the Leaderboards. Unfortunately the number on the Leaderboard doesn’t necessarily reflect your progress towards the "Seriously..." achievement, although it’s usually very close. Due to the way Ranked Matches work, if a match is aborted (either by you or the host quitting before it’s complete), if enough rounds have been played then those will get counted towards the Leaderboards but because the match was not fully completed, those kills will not count towards the "Seriously..." achievement. Over time this usually means that there is a small difference between the number on the Leaderboards and your achievement count.

Nothing it broken, you just need to keep playing for a little while longer in matches that go all the way to the end and you will ultimately get the achievement."

So this mans that as long as a match is over before everyone quits/host quits, The kills count, right?

Edited by LFCxKennyIsKing

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I see alot of people are struggling with the glitchy achievement concept and that you just need to keep going. Here is some helpful notes I have had while going for this...

Me/my friend

Boom shot - 100/137.

Revives - 164 /114.

Headshots - 155 no pop / 100

Long shot - 124 no pop / 111

As you can see it is just glitchy. I have not played for the others so I will have more luck at 100.

Have fun :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes the map based achievements can be done in local. Also for anybody wondering....the numbered kill-type achievements (EX: 100 executions) do not require your match to have a certain amount of players in it. Just the other night I got an achievement at the end of a match that started out as an 8 vs. 8 but halfway through became an 2 vs. 1 match.

• 10 months later...

Is Don't Hate the Player glitched? I've finished, completely finished, not because the other team quit, three times with the highest score? Why the hell won't this thing pop? Is Annex not an option? I remember Annex wasn't a retail gametype, so maybe that's the problem?

I just noticed the announcement The Pants Party posted about weapon kills and such not counting in annex, so I'm going to assume that none of the original 1000 are counted in annex.

Edited by Neon Chazzmosis