British Rentals...?

Pez

First off, If I've got this in the wrong forums, I'm sorry. Mods feel free to move it. Secondly, I've had a look around, and I don't think this has been posted before as of recent.

So, let's get to the point.

I hear about websites in America. For example, www.gamesfly.com and www.gamesnflix.com.

Now these websites let you subscribe to them and rent games for aslong as you want (rough guess). I was wondering if there is any websites like this over here in the UK?

A place like this over here would be grand. Problem with places like Blockbusters etc. is that rentals are for 3-5 days, and cost you about £5.

So if anyone has any information on a website for the UK, which is similar to these American websites that let you participate in online rentals, then please, share it with me and my fellow UK members.

Again, sorry if this has been posted before or posted in the wrong place.

~SS

I just found this website: http://www.gamerentalguide.co.uk

It seems to be good. It actually compares all the UK games rental sites for you and rates them. hope this helps.

~SS

http://www.gamesfrenzy.co.uk/index.aspx

This is the alternative, both are pretty reliable and both let you keep games for as long as you like for just a flat monthly fee.

Plus if you use the front page link on the right, the site get commission :woop:

Two birds, one stone, awesome ;)

Either way, it's a good reliable service, been using them for 6 months now :)

If you go to the home page, click the gamesfrenzy link it will take you straight to there home page and click on signup and it will tell you the pricing there.

Basically its £13.96 per month for any two games out at once.

OR 9.96 per month for any one game.

You can have as many games out per month as you like.

This is the one I personally would reccomend.

Well, hopefully it won't be long before I can start renting games. On the verge of possibly getting a part-time job just to put a bit of cash in the pocket. Just gotta ring the company back about arranging the interview.

Once I'm working and earning money, It's a mos definite that I'm gonna switch to renting. It just seems so much more convenient.

Maybe a mod or someone should make a thread of all the UK and/or USA video game rental websites and stickie it. That would be helpful.

I can have a go at it if you want?

~SS

• 1 month later...
I was doing a bit of browsing myself and found an appealing UK game rental website called: www.gametart.com

Is anyone signed upto this? And could someone that's signed upto another games rental site tell me if the pricing on the website i found is good?

Thanks.

~SS

I'm with gametart and it's ok but they have a really bad habit of sending out the games that are really low down on ur list n a couple of disks have been scratched beyond playing :(

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum, have been reading it for a while but thought i would join up so i could post and join in the fun :)

I am with boomerang rentals, had absolutely no problems with them so far, really quick delivery and a good selection!

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum, have been reading it for a while but thought i would join up so i could post and join in the fun :)

I am with boomerang rentals, had absolutely no problems with them so far, really quick delivery and a good selection!

Welcome to the Site, there is a forum for new members to introduce yourselves http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151.

well im currently using www.tescodvdrental.com which is "powered" by lovefilm.com. Im really pleased with the service, rentals come out quickly and there's a really good selection. all the latest titles are added on release as options for your list of possible rentals. Its £17.95 a month and that gets you unlimited rentals and 3 disks at your house at one time. you could always pay cheaper as they do lower prices for having either 1 or 2 disks at the house at one time instead of 3. 2 might be ideal as you could play one while they other is being swapped over. I actually have a code for a 3 month free trial to this service but im not sure if its still valid or not. im happy to share the code with anyone if you want to pm me it works for anyone providing its not to an address that has already been used for a tesco or lovefilm free trial. you also have to ensure you cancel it befor ethe end of the trial to avoid getting any charges or it just carries on but i was so pleased with mine i just continued it.

hope this helps

I have only decided to start renting games recently and I checked out a few places but the best by far is Xtravision, it is 2.50 for any new game for 2 days or 5 for a week and they are selling ex-rentals for dirt cheap too, Madden 06 was 1.50, Army of two was only 15, I am going to go down later this week and pick up a few and I might rent Grid