Medals and ribbons reseting????

BIG TRIGG

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering about how this happens too, in order to avoid it.

Hasn't happened to me and I'd like to keep it that way.

Yeah me too. Seems every day there are more people this has happened to. Every time I press start at the title screen my heart is in my throat.

I still haven't made much progress on the onyx medals but I have done all 50 waves of Horde on Insane and just this morning I got finished with a Arcade Insane Campaign (solo, no mutators) playthrough. I don't wanna have to do those over again 'cause it was a bitch. According to my stats I died over 500 times in that playthrough and during the last battle with Myrrah in the third phase I almost put my foot through my TV.

What really scares me is down the line, several months from now, if you've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours towards the onyx medals and then one day you fire up your game and it's just all gone. EPIC really needs to address this. This thing is running rampant and they're remarkably silent on the topic. I hope they do not aspire to achieve the kind of loathing and contempt that I so far have reserved for CryTek and their handling of the glitchfest known as Crysis 2.

There is only one sure way to be safe from this and thats to backup your data! Many programs out there for the PC allow you to access your xbox hard drive or USB drive from a PC. Grab one, back up your data!!

Personally I've been using "Party Buffalo Drive Explorer" and it works a charm. I do a full drive image backup so all my data is safe! :)

Before you ask, yes I have tested this! I created an account, ranked up and got some medals. I backup up my data then erased it! loaded up the game, rank, ribbons, medals all gone! Restored the save and loaded up the game and they were all there again!

So... if you clinically insane, like me, and are aiming for seriously 3.0... do this! :)

Just wait until someone has one Onyx medal left, and then when they log on, everything is reset. That person would be like :eek: and then show up to Epic HQ and be like :uzi:

That would be something to go all postal over. :boom

There is only one sure way to be safe from this and thats to backup your data! Many programs out there for the PC allow you to access your xbox hard drive or USB drive from a PC. Grab one, back up your data!!

Personally I've been using "Party Buffalo Drive Explorer" and it works a charm. I do a full drive image backup so all my data is safe! :)

Before you ask, yes I have tested this! I created an account, ranked up and got some medals. I backup up my data then erased it! loaded up the game, rank, ribbons, medals all gone! Restored the save and loaded up the game and they were all there again!

So... if you clinically insane, like me, and are aiming for seriously 3.0... do this! :)

I might have a look into this. Thanks for the tip. :)