Frame rate

Ali_P_84

I'm hoping it's not just me, but has everyone else had issues with the frame rate at various parts of the game?

Oh, it's definitely not just you, my copy usually lags hard in Salem, to the point where I can barely run when I'm in the streets of Salem without massive spikes of frame dropping.

Which is absolutely horrible when you're running around for collectables.

• 1 month later...

Yes, me too, very annoying. I can't understand how this is even possible these days. I mean come on, during play testing they must have experienced the same, but were like, ah f** it, we'll release it like this anyway. It's constantly stuttering when you walk around.

It's most noticeable in the main town, the other smaller locations (obviously) hardly.

Yes, me too, very annoying. I can't understand how this is even possible these days. I mean come on, during play testing they must have experienced the same, but were like, ah f** it, we'll release it like this anyway. It's constantly stuttering when you walk around.

It's most noticeable in the main town, the other smaller locations (obviously) hardly.

you can literally count the number of open world games that used the Unreal Engine on one hand, and the only one of them actually did it smoothly which was Arkham CIty, but you could also argue the amount of interactiveness of the NCPs in that game is vastly limited compared to all the stuff this game has to calculate, from possessing, to then choosing dialog options, then having to draw the "ghost-outline" everytime you walk through something(no matter how small), which takes up even more memory

but then Arkham Origins was done by their B-team and had a bunch of similar issues

SIlent HIll Downpour is almost a 1:1 prequel to this game in terms of setting and tone and gameplay, just replace ghosts with zombies, i also wouldnt doubt they had at one point wanted demons out in the town given all the hiding spots, but probably decided to take them out case of the piss poor performance issues it had with just the NCPs

even the Gears franchise was pre-loaded sections which would still have issues with texture loading and hitches if you ran too fast to the next hidden loading section

Edited by eiVaL

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...