Titanfall

Tommyguns11

Anyone else besides me disappointed this will be multiplayer only? In all honesty, that's going to alienate a shit ton of people from buying it. It'll still do well, surely, but what about those who don't have many friends (such as me), have kids, don't enjoy multiplayer, etc? I like story modes.

I still enjoy dishin' out a good old fashion passionate ass whoopin' on people in Gears! :uzi:

Anyone else besides me disappointed this will be multiplayer only? In all honesty, that's going to alienate a shit ton of people from buying it. It'll still do well, surely, but what about those who don't have many friends (such as me), have kids, don't enjoy multiplayer, etc? I like story modes.

I still enjoy dishin' out a good old fashion passionate ass whoopin' on people in Gears! :uzi:

More and more people are getting into online gaming, I am definitely not disappointed as I love MP only shooters such as Wolf ET, and Planetside 1&2. I don't think it will alienate tons of people, more so it will possibly suck in those who aren't big into mp games.

Plus with a MP only game, 100% of the development time goes into the mp instead of split between Campaign and MP and it will show in the quality of the game.

I'm obviously speaking for myself, but I wouldn't buy a multiplayer only game. Sorry, but Titanfall doesn't get any of my $$$! Has there EVER been a good, SP mech game anyway? Titanfall would have been very promising in SP.

The only MP only game I recall being worthwhile was Shadowrun. Hopefully Titanfall will do better financially, although I will be passing myself.

Plus with a MP only game, 100% of the development time goes into the mp instead of split between Campaign and MP and it will show in the quality of the game.

I agree. I can see how it could be a negative to some people, but honestly, we have more than enough mediocore modern war campaigns. I'm sure being who they are in the industry they've done enough research to know that some massive percentage of people who buy these kind of games just skip the campaign altogether now. The only reason I even bother with the Call of Duty campaigns are for the achievements because without it, you'd have none for most of the games. I actually wish I did skip them in hindsight because I could have just deleted those blemishes from my game history.

Hopefully Titanfall will do better financially, although I will be passing myself.

Why are you passing?

Edited by WalterWhite

Why are you passing?

I don't play twitch games any more. My reaction time has slowed down as I approach 50, and I prefer games that are more strategic (hence the link on my signature's image.) I do wish them well and appreciate that they didn't do a crappy campaign "just because", but I am still not part of their target demographic. Instead of playing games with 12-year-old kids, I am more likely to yell at them to get off my lawn.

Alienate? You must not be aware of the numbers.

Less than 20% of players completed the Black Ops campaign. Less than 20% of players completed the Battlefield 3 campaign.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2011/11/03/only-18-6-of-players-have-completed-cod-black-ops-single-player-campaign

What does this mean? Not an awful lot of people give a shit about the campaign. I would even say that those who prefer the campaign to the multiplayer are the minority, with or without the numbers being known.

Titanfall will do fine as an online-only experience. And if Microsoft allow cross-platform support for the game, it will only do a lot better than what people first thought.

Well, a game that's building hype like this has a chance of being good. Since the creators are focusing on one specific aspect (MP in this case) without there being any others dragging it down, it has a chance of turning out real well

*disclaimer: I know nothing of the game itself

The teams is made up of developers who made some of the best Call of Duty games in its existence. If anything, they know what they are doing and the more people know who is behind Titanfall, the more fans it will get.

Too bad it's published by EA and they don't such a great fanbase when it comes to multiplayer gaming.

Alienate? You must not be aware of the numbers.

Less than 20% of players completed the Black Ops campaign. Less than 20% of players completed the Battlefield 3 campaign.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2011/11/03/only-18-6-of-players-have-completed-cod-black-ops-single-player-campaign

What does this mean? Not an awful lot of people give a shit about the campaign. I would even say that those who prefer the campaign to the multiplayer are the minority, with or without the numbers being known.

Titanfall will do fine as an online-only experience. And if Microsoft allow cross-platform support for the game, it will only do a lot better than what people first thought.

Cross platform would make the game unbalanced...I'd only play on PC at that point for the advantage using a mouse gives you lol.

What if the cross platform meant Xbox vs PlayStation?

Which can be be possible because I believe Nintendo are looking into Wii U/XB1/PS4 cross-play support. If Nintendo are ballsy enough to do it, I don't see why Sony and Microsoft can't play together.

And the PC/XB1 thing came up 2 weeks back.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=546827

That can happen too.

I'd be fine with that, I just don't want Keyboard/Mouse support for shooters on console due to the disadvantage console/gamepad users would have. I'd totally LOVE to see cross console games in any genre.

Yeah that would be awesome, especially for competitive gamers.

Instead of playing games with 12-year-old kids, I am more likely to yell at them to get off my lawn.

I lol'd so hard at this.

Nothing beats wiping out an enemy squad or getting into a sniper battle with someone in BF3, pwning their n00b ass, getting their hate messages, and sending a voice message back.

Much rage ensues when they realized they got pwned by a grey haired soccer dad. :p