Best Games/DLC's (using MSP/$), Looking Back?

Fire Mage

So I don't want to make this post long-winded, but I have some MSP/$ cards left over to use and it's a good bit. I'm trying to figure out the best DLC's (and perhaps arcade games) to use them on. Note that certain "big" games like Trials and such, I'm not really interested in.

I'm trying to be a little frugal as I want some left-over for new games (perhaps DLC for Watch Dogs, etc., and for buying things like Tales from the Borderlands).

I don't know really how to ask this generally as I can't sit here all day saying what I have and I don't have, but if anyone would be kind to look at my games log, they can eliminate from there. Even if some games I haven't played in a while, that doesn't mean I'm really done.

I haven't played Skyrim in forever, for instance, but I have purchased all of the DLC and want to play it at some time soon, when I get the chance. My latest purchases (but this goes back a while):

• Games on Disc: GTA V, Saints Row IV, Batman Origins, The Bureau, Gears of War Judgment, and Splinter Cell Blacklist
  • Saints Row IV Season Pass
  • State of Decay
  • Brothers
  • Walking Dead: 400 Days
  • Assassin's Creed III Season Pass
  • Skyrim Season Pass
  • Arkham City: Harley Quinn (this ends back in 2012)

So that tells you of the "new" stuff I've purchased and haven't played yet.

Some things I'm looking at getting but not sure of are:

• Mass Effect 3: Citadel
  • BioShock Infinite Season Pass
  • Dishonored DLC
  • Saints Row 3 DLC
  • Dead Space DLC (?)

If anybody has the time to look around at my profile, could you let me know (a) what DLC is just plain awesome that I'm missing, and (b) what of that last list is worth it?

I know these questions are awfully broad but there's a lot of DLC and content for games that I've skipped over the years saving for money--and now my console gaming is probably ending as the 360 heads out over the next years.

There aren't many new games I plan on buying so I want to go back and grab some things I skipped before. There's a lot I can't remember.

For future reference, posts likes these are best saved for the "What Should I Play/Buy Next" Thread. There's a lot of activity over there and you'll always get a response rather quick…

----

Buy Dishonored's two DLCS: The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches. You play as the villain, Daud, get new abilities, and the storyline and levels are downright awesome.

Buy Borderlands 2's DLC: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep. One of the most original and comical pieces of DLCs I have ever played. Such a good add-on for $10.

Buy GTA IV's DLC: The Ballad of Gay Tony. You're really missing out here. This DLC add-on was fantastic.

----

That's four great pieces of DLC for you, which will probably cost a whooping $40. Also, go back and play Skyrim's Dawnguard and Dragonborn expansions. Those are great. I actually liked Dawnguard more than Dragonborn.

----

ACIII's DLCs are rather lame. Arkham City's DLC "Harley Quinn's Revenge" was rather lame.

----

You should also get around to playing Splinter Cell: Blacklist. It's a really fun stealth-action title.

Edited by BiggD

I'd get Dishonored for sure, I've heard nothing but great things for the DLC and have them myself for when I start the game in the next few days.

I'd also like to say there are a lot of great arcade games out there worth checking out. Limbo, The Cave, The Wolf Among Us, Mark of the Ninja, Spelunky, Braid and so on. If you haven't played some of those, I'd suggest getting one or two, or trying a demo. They are some of the best games from the last gen.

Rdr has very good dlc and is fun I recommend it if you don't have already. Gow3 was great too

He already has Undead Nightmare, I checked his card. The other two MP packs are trash, really, and the free DLC pack is alright if you have a good friend to do the Co-Op missions with. But that's really it in my opinion.

For future reference, posts likes these are best saved for the "What Should I Play/Buy Next" Thread. There's a lot of activity over there and you'll always get a response rather quick…

Ba-duh... My bad. Guess I totally blew right past that thread.

-----

It looks like I'll get the Dishonored DLC with Daud, ME3: Citadel, and Tiny Tina's Assault for BL2.

I actually have Ballad of Gay Tony--I just totally forgot that I did. Again, I have a ton of games that I haven't played in a while but still mean too, but life in the past year or so has really ramped up so I'm not on the console as much as usual. I'm kinda saving up for a little time when I can go full-on gaming.

Sounds like the Dishonored ones are getting the most votes!

You need to get the Gears of War 3 Pass, so much content for so little price.

Well if you like gun and character skins ;)

Well there was some maps too.

I liked the campaign chapter, that was about all I liked from the Gears 3 Season Pass :p

I'm tossing another vote for the Dishonored Daud DLC. Not that friggin' trials crap. Knife and Witches were fantastic additions to the story. Bravo Arkane, Bravo! Just replayed them again for the coin and it was a blast!

ME3's Citadel was a hoot, don't think I've laugh that hard since Portal 2.

Walking Dead: got part one FREE, and think it's been free a few times now. Damn fine game. Still have to play the rest but looking forward to it.

Well if you like gun and character skins ;)

Well there was some maps too.

I liked the campaign chapter, that was about all I liked from the Gears 3 Season Pass :p

I bought it half price and ended up completing all the DLC's, so was pretty pleased overall. :p

Now that I think about it, this was actually one of the better content season passes I've purchased.

This and BF3's Premium.

Gonna have to throw in yet another nod to the story DLC for Dishonored. As I mentioned in my Top 13 of This Generation, The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches should be used by developers as examples of how to expertly expand your story and game through DLC.

But yeah, the Dunwall City Trails DLC can go fuck itself.

The only Season Pass I've ever purchased and wasn't disappointed at all was L.A. Noire's Rockstar Pass. Every other Season Pass can fuck off.

I was extremely happy with the Season Pass for Metro: Last Light. For $15 it contained all of the DLC which separately would have cost $25-30 (depending on if you had to buy Ranger mode or not) - exactly how the passes should work, honestly. I will admit though that this is the only Season Pass I've been truly happy with.

And speaking of Season Passes:

To OP: If you are planning on playing ANY of the DLC for BioShock: Infinite, get the Season Pass. The pass is $20.00 while each of the 2 story DLCs connected to it are $15 apiece (and, so far, are overpriced for how long the DLC actually is). So you'll save yourself $10 and they'll toss in the crappy Clash in the Clouds arena bullshit DLC, too!

Edited by Jack Frost

To OP: If you are planning on playing ANY of the DLC for BioShock: Infinite, get the Season Pass. The pass is $20.00 while each of the 2 story DLCs connected to it are $15 apiece (and, so far, are overpriced for how long the DLC actually is). So you'll save yourself $10 and they'll toss in the crappy Clash in the Clouds arena bullshit DLC, too!

Yeah, I was trying to wait it out and see if the pass goes on sale. It's stupid that the individual pieces are on sale, but buying the pass is still cheaper.

Also, looks like Dishonored gets the vote. I'm trying to get ideas and also see if anything goes on sale (as I usually don't buy things until they're on sale unless I really want them). I figure Saints Row III won't ever go on sale again, and someone recommended against it--but I might get it anyway at some point, maybe if I have money left over after everything else.

Dishonored is a yes. And Citadel is a yes, but I wish that would go on sale too!

But yeah, the Dunwall City Trails DLC can go fuck itself.

The worst bit of DLC I've purchased. Even though I got it on sale for $2.50, what a fucking waste!

I was extremely happy with the Season Pass for Metro: Last Light. For $15 it contained all of the DLC which separately would have cost $25-30 (depending on if you had to buy Ranger mode or not) - exactly how the passes should work, honestly. I will admit though that this is the only Season Pass I've been truly happy with.

I haven't played that game, but out of all the Passes I've purchased (probably 5 or something, lol), I've always been disappointed :(

I probably played a good 100hrs on the Karkand & Close Quarters maps combined. Almost all multiplayer DLC's are garbage but BF3 had some good ones. Don't think BF4 DLC's will be as good either tbh.

Shit dude! You're a Battlefield fanatic :p I don't know how you do it. And NO! Don't tell me that :/ Honestly though, I probably won't even touch the game much unless I'm boosting achievements or gaming with you. But once bigger games roll out, I'll probably forget about the game until I buy Premium to host DLC or wait for it to go on sale :o Which will probably take another 8 months.

Shit dude! You're a Battlefield fanatic :p I don't know how you do it. And NO! Don't tell me that :/ Honestly though, I probably won't even touch the game much unless I'm boosting achievements or gaming with you. But once bigger games roll out, I'll probably forget about the game until I buy Premium to host DLC or wait for it to go on sale :o Which will probably take another 8 months.

Whenever you do decide to buy Premium, I'll be ready. :p