Self help group for the announcement that we paid $60-$80 for the umvc3 beta

Not sure i agree... the price point of getting the twelve characters as DLC alone based on Jill and Shuma means it aint that bad a deal and thats before things like Spectator mode gets added to the mix.

Im not happy with the new health bars... you cant see the red health healing for you allies like before which makes no sense and X Factor has been nerfed into inexistance from what little gameplay ive seen so far. We shall just have to wait and see what buffs and nerfs are suffered by current cast before deciding if its truly more balanced as promised.

As is at the moment this is looking like an essential Super Street Fighter IV expansion compared to a completely missable and forgettable Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition expansion.

X factor was a bit overpowered before. it should not heal you AND give you higher damage and speed or whatever else. at least not as much as it did.

in fact what would be the best is if there was a sort of team customization option, like the same area where you set up your pre made teams and pick the color and assist types, if you could edit how you want X Factor to work for that team. you can pick from 4 options to make X Factor focus on damage, speed or healing, or give a small boost to all 3. that way you could customize your team better by giving a speed boost if your team is all huge slow guys like Hulk, or healing if you play a glass cannon like Phoenix.

Not sure i agree... the price point of getting the twelve characters as DLC alone based on Jill and Shuma means it aint that bad a deal and thats before things like Spectator mode gets added to the mix.

The Game only came out in Feb, and 5 months later they announced were getting another version. I wouln't be too annoyed if they announced it sometime next year and we would get it next year.

I disagree. I got over 100 hours (and counting) of playing time with MvC3 so I feel like my money was well spent. I only buy around 5 games per year too, so overall MvC3 gave me some of the most bang for my buck. I will gladly pay another $40 for UMvC3, and I'm sure I will enjoy it at least as much, if not more than MvC3. Some people pay $60 every year for a new CoD game that is very similar to the previous one. If that's the game they mostly play and sink 20+ DAYS worth of playing time into it, who's to say they got ripped off? Not them. You even say yourself (Orchestruction) that you are going to buy it.

It seems to me that Capcom has answered most of the complaints from the community. They are including Spectator Mode, apparently nerfing X-Factor, adding 12 new characters including some of the most highly requested ones (Strider, Phoenix Wright, Frank West). At the end of the day, you just have to make the decision if that is enough value for your dollar. For me, it certainly is.

I didn't even have the problem with MvC3 that most people had, I bought it because it was a crossover and I loved the single player mode and its cheesy story regardless of any problems with the gameplay.

Sorry I didn't really mean to call you out specifically. I have a feeling most of the people complaining are going to buy it, you're the only one who explicitly stated you were, so that's why I used you as an example.

I played MvC3 but didn't pay for it. My brother got it with his money, and I got the experience I wanted out of it. No skin off my bones.

But I will be getting this one for sure. MvC3 was for the most part, an enjoyable game. Comparing prices, it's already a better value than if they released ONLY the characters for $5 a piece like they have been. Then there's the extra stages, which I am VERY grateful for. Spectator mode, meh. Why watch when you can play? With that said, I may actually partake in the Spectator mode. I do like watching fights in Mortal Kombat KOTH, after all.

I just wish Cable was in it. Rocket Raccoon? Who? What? Give me a break.

I think it'll be $40 well spent. We already know it's a solid game so there's no worry about that. It's definately better than paying $60 a year for the sports games (even though I never have).

If anyone bought and enjoyed MVC3, there's no reason why they should be upset right now. You got a game that you enjoyed and played, and there's an updated version of the game which will likely be much better coming out. If they released twelve characters as DLC, that alone would cost more than Ultimate MVC3 is going to cost, and you wouldn't be able to get stuff like the online patched. If you can take your mind off the simple view of "OMG THE *censored* IS THIS A NEW GAME I ALREADY HAVE THIS GAME" and realize that this is more like a budget expansion pack, there shouldn't be anything upsetting about it.

I completely disagree. I know I've said this before but if you take any shooting game like Call of Duty or Halo, the sequels are basically just clones with a new campaign and some new maps, most of the weapons are exactly the same and the characters don't have any effects so they don't change. UMVC3 has 12 new characters, a complete new design, new stages, every character has been rebalanced and some have new moves, the game will have new modes and each character will probably have new intro/ending animations. This is as much of a sequel as any COD has been the only difference is they called it Ultimate MVC3 instead of MVC4.

On top of that this sequel is coming out at £25 instead of £40 and should have a full new 1000G to be obtained which is much better in my opinion than getting 1250 on MVC3. I will agree that it is coming out quite soon and they should have probably brought it out Q1 2012 though.

No offense but anyone who moans about this is just bandwaggoning the "Oh Capcom love to keep bringing out the same game" fad and are complete idiots. Seriously just use your brain instead of thinking exactly what people tell you to think and you'll realise that £25 for a completely new version of MVC3 is actually a good deal, and eventually the disc will end up being cheaper than it would be as DLC so there is literally nothing to complain about, this way we all get more achievements.

Seriously it's 800 points for like 3 Halo Reach maps that are just cut off sections of the game and you're moaning that Capcom is asking £25 for a completely new version of one of there games with more extra maps than that and 12 new characters?

So no, we all know that Capcom loves our money but if you think that Capcom is having you on then just look around and every other company and you'll realise Capcom is actually being pretty generous with this.

I wonder if the Capcom store will ship pre orders extremely late and then offer something special and give you something you already bought because they waited too long to fix the problem.

The new pre order dlc's would have been better than the guide I bought a month before they offered it to make up for sending my game almost a month late

I think I can dislike both COD's yearly installments and Capcom's treatment of UMVC3. Less than 10 months between $60 game and $40 update is tough to swallow, even with all the tweaks and characters. Yeah UMVC3 will be fun but I'm waiting for a price drop on Amazon already.

And UMVC3 isn't really any better or worse than MK's dlc. Shuma and Jill were 5 bucks like MK's characters but MK did offer a season pass and free costumes. MVC3 charged for all alternate costumes and even shadow battles.

I don't want to sound entitled but lately Capcom is both delivering updates to the asking fan base and pissing them off. DR2 Case Zero and SSIV: Arcade Edition were better models than UMVC3 and DR2: Off the Record if you ask me.

Edited by Tremoctopus

did people complain this much about ssf4? I for one will be buying this and hopefully I will get as much entertainment out of it as I did for the original.

Some of you guys are acting like capcom is going to come to your house and steal $40 while your sleeping!

did people complain this much about ssf4? I for one will be buying this and hopefully I will get as much entertainment out of it as I did for the original.

Some of you guys are acting like capcom is going to come to your house and steal $40 while your sleeping!

People didn't complain this much about SSF4 because they were complaining about Sagat being overpowered in SF4, and wanted it addressed. If Capcom let this game ride out a bit longer it would only become the same way with people complaining about Dark Phoenix and Wolverine. So really, I don't see the problem in this. They know what they have to balance and anyone still playing the game on a competitive level probably wants it out as soon as possible.

It's a bit soon in all honesty but i really enjoy the game and i don't get that with a lot of fighting games.

I'll buy the new one and trade in the current, so it will cost about £15 i reckon? Not a bad deal, and if you wait a few weeks or months the price of the game will plummet like the current one.

New characters will be cool.

• 1 month later...

You're getting 12 character's, rebalancing of x factor, new level designs, and shuma/jill if you didn't buy them.

On the first sentence alone you'd spend 60 bucks in DLC on the character's, and they'd never be able to rebalance the X factor issues and change the levels.

So look at it as getting a DLC on disc for 40 dollars [which is a 20 dollar discount just on the DLC basis] plus extra features.