Another noob with some questions!

Play Up Pomp3y

Hi, I'm thinking of getting this years FIFA, mainly because I fancy something different, partly because I'm sick of endless redux games on the XBone. The last FIFA game I owned was FIFA 2004, so obv from playing the new demo I can see the series is now massively different.

My two main questions are;

1. Are there any training/intro parts of the game that will help players learn all the new moves that have been bought in over the last decade? There used to be 4 buttons = 4 moves to learn but the demo showed me that there must be dozens of different tricks to learn in order to score easier. I don't fancy playing several long boring 0-0 games while I figure out what hell I'm doing!

2. How are the online games arranged/seeded? Again, as a noob to all intents and purposes I don't fancy getting creamed 9-0 by an 8 yr old laughing at my ineptitude!

Hi, I'm thinking of getting this years FIFA, mainly because I fancy something different, partly because I'm sick of endless redux games on the XBone. The last FIFA game I owned was FIFA 2004, so obv from playing the new demo I can see the series is now massively different.

My two main questions are;

1. Are there any training/intro parts of the game that will help players learn all the new moves that have been bought in over the last decade? There used to be 4 buttons = 4 moves to learn but the demo showed me that there must be dozens of different tricks to learn in order to score easier. I don't fancy playing several long boring 0-0 games while I figure out what hell I'm doing!

2. How are the online games arranged/seeded? Again, as a noob to all intents and purposes I don't fancy getting creamed 9-0 by an 8 yr old laughing at my ineptitude!

1: yes each time you start a match it gives you a little training sesh before you start you can skip anytime or pick one at anything Via the menu

2: no online to speak of atm there EA severs and not working still worth a buy when they are working

You can also use the skill arena to practise movement and ball skills. Plenty of Youtube tutorials as well, but learn to walk before you can run!

Ball skills aren't necessary but can help to get into finishing positions with key players like Ronaldo, Neymar & Messi (when you get used to the playing style).

You're pretty much starting fresh so skip ball skills for now until you get to grips with movement, passing & crossing as ball skills is more intermediate/advanced/expert level respectively.

Having a good squad to pass around with is key, use wings to get the ball down the flanks and cross the ball in, holding the button to put power on it with intention to get it to the near post, middle or far post; when the ball is at the peak of the cross then decide/press the appropriate button to pass or shoot depending on the receivers position.

Like wise down the flanks you can put in a low cross by hitting the cross button twice quickly so for example on my controls it would be "X X", you can also put in a ground gross by pressing "X X X" which should if done correctly sweep just in front of the defenders and hopefully your player will pick it up to finish.

Get used to through balls as well, watch for players making a run. I'm still struggling to see how I get my player to initiate a run by the press of a button but view any openings and pass as & when.

Online, depends on the mode you choose. You can customise your search to better select opponents based on your division for instance in seasons with equally balanced teams and whether your preference is to play against club, international or both. I haven't seen a match making system in there what so ever, it's random pot luck if you get put up against someone who plays FIFA a lot (who is good) or someone who is more casual.

A lot of people pick Real Madrid in seasons because they are easy to use, over powered because they are pace whores and the majority of their team can shoot from outside of 30+ yards and score, walking past defenses as if they weren't there etc. So that's a little heads up. A lot of the online is scripted to hell as ever after EA did say they were cutting back on it but I see it's still just as strong if not more so than FIFA 14.

Pro Clubs is a little more balanced in the sense that it's heavily dependant on "YOUR PRO" level. The more accomplishments you complete the more overall rated your player is. It's different, everyone plays as their created Pro player and not real life players. The only downfall again is the scripts and the fact those who know what they're doing create small players because they are quick; agile, fast on speed & acceleration and unfortunately pace is king.

Online is give or take, one game you'll dominate, another you'll get creamed or a very close match scoring plenty on both sides or a stale mate. It really is that black and white. It can make for some great times though but expect stress levels to rise if you don't utilise true sportsmanship and play as a team.

I find the best is manager, be a pro, pro clubs (to an extent as outlined above) and if you enjoyed trading football stickers on the school playground as a kid, FUT can replace that as an adult as it can be quite addictive and nostalgic.