Origins of Pain DLC Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Maka

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beg to differ. The Phoenix worked much better for me. The Gecko is too finicky to handle the last hump ;)

I was trying with the Phoenix but I couldn't even get past the first incline. The Scorpion and Gecko worked the best for me. I eventually got it with the Gecko after around 20 minutes of trying.

I think it's one of those achievements where there really isn't a "guide" for it. You just got to keep trying until you get lucky and get it.

I've updated the roadmap to note the higher difficulty and time. I've also updated some of the other solutions to make them fit better.

The DLC achievements are much harder than the original ones. So I think it should be 9+/10 considering that the main guide has 8/10 difficulty. "All is Gold" makes it 11/10 for me.

All Gold takes a hell of a lot of time and effort unless you are already a Trials expert. 6/10 is way underestimating the difficulty IMO. For comparison, Trials HD has a difficulty of 10/10, and Trials Evolution (Excluding DLC) has a difficulty of 8/10. You're telling me that this DLC is much easier than both Trials HD and Evolution? Then why is it that I've completed both of those without too much effort, but don't have a shot in hell of completing this DLC without hours and hours of practice? I just don't understand your logic for the difficulty. Maybe it's easy for you because you seem very good, but for the average player, this is just not a 6/10.

I don't think anyone completed Trials HD with minimal effort, so no need for exaggeration. I agree this DLC is more of a 7, maybe an 8, but it is nowhere near HD's difficulty.

Not exaggerating, it wasn't very difficult for me, but that's beside the point.

I would agree to an 8. I just think that this difficulty rating should be something on par with the other games, not lower.

Then again, the rating is completely subjective, so whatever. Just voicing my opinion.

Not exaggerating, it wasn't very difficult for me, but that's beside the point.

Agreed, hd was ok once the Marathon achievement was changed. Im ok at the game but I cant see how anything lower than 9/10 makes sense. A tiny % of ppl are gonna max this game now, and of those that do its gonna take them a very long time.

Aside from that great guide OP thanks!

Finally got Hey Mom, Look at Me! and the 500:gsicon:!

I used the Gecko and tried to bounce my way there and not take too long trying to feather and steady. I got very lucky though because my wheel touched down right at the finish line.

Good luck to anyone still attempting this, now off to grind some money! I want that combat medic helmet!

I got very lucky though because my wheel touched down right at the finish line.

See this happened to me yesterday, but it didn't unlock!

Only issues I'm having is the last sloped ramp after you fall from the hanging platforms. The force and speed, just slams the front wheel down, or if you're holding back, you flip and bail.

Only part I just can't get right or it just doesn't work. Everything else, I can do after many practices because luck in this game is hard to come by!

See this happened to me yesterday, but it didn't unlock!

Only issues I'm having is the last sloped ramp after you fall from the hanging platforms. The force and speed, just slams the front wheel down, or if you're holding back, you flip and bail.

Only part I just can't get right or it just doesn't work. Everything else, I can do after many practices because luck in this game is hard to come by!

It was funny because right before I got the achievement, about thirty or so attempts back this happened to me, except my wheel touched probably an inch from the finish line. I was pissed but felt better knowing that I have gotten closer. I just kept at it and got it that same night.

This is the only achievement I didn't end up getting day one of me having the DLC. Got everything but this on 10/6 and just got this on 10/10.

How the fuck do you hit that target to get the squirrel in Carnival Run? Fucking twenty minutes murdering the left stick here and I can't even come close to the thing.

Personally I could never manage to clear that gap with the Scorpion or Gecko, so I used Phoenix and did a front-flip. Eventually you can get the right speed and momentum and smack it with your front wheel.

Good luck LOL. This is how I did it finally yesterday:

I've been rotating between the Pheonix, Gecko, and Scorpion every 500 faults. I'd have to say I like the Gecko the least, it's just way too sensitive. I'm up to like 2,000 faults attempting that achievement and can't make any progress. To be honest I don't see it happening.

I've been rotating between the Pheonix, Gecko, and Scorpion every 500 faults. I'd have to say I like the Gecko the least, it's just way too sensitive. I'm up to like 2,000 faults attempting that achievement and can't make any progress. To be honest I don't see it happening.

I probably had like 3000 or more of all my attempt combined LOL. I ended up getting it though, keep at it and you'll eventually hit a lucky bounce and make it.

A difficulty rating of 10 or 9 sounds good in my opinion. 6 is way too low (none of the regular Trials Evo achievements even come close to getting gold on Magic Marker which has a brutally low fault requirement, hence it should not be lower than 8). The wheelie achievement is no pushover either.

The marathon achievement from Trials HD isn't hard in this sense, it just requires extreme consistency.

Any tips on how to pass the second big jump in Magic Marker, the one where we land on a long, steep slope? I've only passed the obstacle twice (by fluke). When I clear the jump (which doesn't happen often), I barely manage to land on the very bottom of the slope without any room to adjust/stabilize the bike, so I just bounce back. I haven't been able to replicate the moves from replays either.

Any tips on how to pass the second big jump in Magic Marker, the one where we land on a long, steep slope? I've only passed the obstacle twice (by fluke). When I clear the jump (which doesn't happen often), I barely manage to land on the very bottom of the slope without any room to adjust/stabilize the bike, so I just bounce back. I haven't been able to replicate the moves from replays either.

Best way I can explain it is to start from the checkpoint spot, then floor it and push forward then try to do a bunny hop right at the top of the ramp you are on. If done right, you can usually make it up there either first try or within a couple faults.

Hardest thing about gold on that track is getting all the way to the last jumps, those hops, and then keep messing up there. My first gold I got 15 faults... lol.

A difficulty rating of 10 or 9 sounds good in my opinion. 6 is way too low (none of the regular Trials Evo achievements even come close to getting gold on Magic Marker which has a brutally low fault requirement, hence it should not be lower than 8). The wheelie achievement is no pushover either.

The marathon achievement from Trials HD isn't hard in this sense, it just requires extreme consistency.

The only way I've been able to pass it consistently is the following:

This is using the Gecko.

1. From the checkpoint, adjust your rider so he is leaning back
  2. Slowly roll up to the slope/ramp until you are in the "bend" of the ramp. Stop so your rider is sort of resting at the bend.
  3. Slowly throttle up until you are at the top of the ramp, making sure not to lift your front tire. Near the top of the ramp, gas it hard and
  4. bunny hop over the gap (:dleft: :dright:)
  5. push forward when you land while feathering the gas
  6. slowly gas it to crawl up the slope

Here's a video of my (12 fault) gold run:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsrKY1BFCJU]Trials Evolution - Magic Marker (12 faults) - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Don Jose
because I can

• 2 weeks later...

Great guide thanks :)

However I'm having real trouble getting the Dry Dock squirrels, I've got into the cart the way I've seen in your and other videos loads of times but then it won't move.

It's really starting to bug me, heh, what makes it all the worse is that it's my last achievement and I've not had any trouble with the other squirrels.

EDIT: Done :) Tried using the Scorpion and it unlocked after just a couple of tries.

Edited by VladimirK