Is dlc region locked?

True I Skill

Moved to Spain and brought my English Xbox360 with me, Buying games here has always been fine my profile is set in UK and all games brought here are in English.

Recently i picked up Call of duty Ghosts, and to my surprise its all in Spanish! who would of guessed buying something in Spain has a big chance of it being in Spanish? Anyway i am not bothered by that but got me wondering... If they release dlc will i be able to download it? I've seen some games have different region versions of DLC to download, When Ghosts DLC comes out if i was to buy it on my English marketplace would it work with my Spanish version of the game?

Moved to Spain and brought my English Xbox360 with me, Buying games here has always been fine my profile is set in UK and all games brought here are in English.

Recently i picked up Call of duty Ghosts, and to my surprise its all in Spanish! who would of guessed buying something in Spain has a big chance of it being in Spanish? Anyway i am not bothered by that but got me wondering... If they release dlc will i be able to download it? I've seen some games have different region versions of DLC to download, When Ghosts DLC comes out if i was to buy it on my English marketplace would it work with my Spanish version of the game?

I don't think so.

I live in Poland and have got a PAL Xbox. I have bought some DLCs for Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2 on my US account (NTSC region). They work just fine, even more, they are in Polish. But the games can be region free, I'm not sure.

No from what I've experienced.

I have bullet soul, it was just the standard version I purchased, found out there was a black label DLC on the Japanese marketplace, so I just up and purchased it. No issues at all.

I would surmise that it'll do the same as what it does with Games on demand, if it isn't going to work you'll get a message before purchase saying "this will not work in your region" of some sorts.