Need Tips on Defeating Insane Spiders

TrembL

Anybody got any tips on how to defeat these spiders on Inferno difficulty? I have beaten every ant, spaceship and robot stage out there. But those spider stages are working me over. For instance, the King stage... How do you get away from his string? He shoots across the entire block, plus his webstring (and all of his little minions too) shoot through the walls, so hiding does not work. Also wonder on how to defeat some of the ones with holes if any of you have tips on that. Right now I'm right around 5000 health and would prefer to not have to health level.

Any tips appreciated.

• 6 months later...

I haven't completed the game on hardest or inferno, but I have beaten both difficulties about 80% through. I have beaten the King level on Inferno and the only piece of advice I can give you is you need a coop partner to do it, there is no other way. I had the Lysander 2 (but if you have the more powerful ones, use those) and the Stingray M99(I think, whatever is the most powerful stingray at the time) and my coop partner had the same rocket launcher and the MEX Emerald.

We kept backing up from the start, I would swap between sniping and rocketing the king spiders (Swap weapons b/c of the lysander's slow fire speed). As I would focus on the bigger bastards he would kill all of the attacking smaller spiders. And attacking the king spiders if we were clear of their minions. It really is a matter of luck because we tried about 4x and some of the times all of the king spiders would attack at once but when we beat it, they came one at a time, making it easier to manage.

I had around 4200 health and picked up all of the weapon pick ups and no new weapons :( . I have beaten hardest and Inferno up to level 32 with choice few higher levels beaten here and there and I have not received one new weapon since I beat it on Hard.

Anybody got any tips on how to defeat these spiders on Inferno difficulty? I have beaten every ant, spaceship and robot stage out there. But those spider stages are working me over. For instance, the King stage... How do you get away from his string? He shoots across the entire block, plus his webstring (and all of his little minions too) shoot through the walls, so hiding does not work. Also wonder on how to defeat some of the ones with holes if any of you have tips on that. Right now I'm right around 5000 health and would prefer to not have to health level.

Any tips appreciated.

From my experience by beating the game..i would use ZEXR-GUN. You get 3 that shoot 500 shots and a reload time of 20.. 20 seconds reload time your thinking is ridiculous.. BUT if you have an AF100 or AF99, your set. The ZEXR GUNS will annihilate the spiders no problem..just keep the RED ANTS AWAY. Its a waste of ammo for the ZEXR GUNS to attack the red ants instead of the spiders. After wiping out the spiders and w.e else you were fighting against, reload ur ZEXRs . If playing coop; if both partners have a set each...let one lay one and after they run out...as one reloads, the other places as hes using his assault too. Hope this helps bud!

This game is way rough on the upper difficulties you will need a large amount of health (hope you like farming) and a co-op partner. Also those zexr turrets are what I used to deal with the spiders. You can throw them down and packbeddle to safety while firing with another gun. Or you can also do the rocket mega bomb combo.

Yeah I unlocked the ZEXR turret and the AF100 after my post and thats the combo I use. If I am doing coop, I will be ballsy and get 2 sets of ZEXR turrets and cycle them (lay out the three and wait til they deplete and reload them when I drop the second set of 3) while my partner has the Stingray M99 (I think there is 1 better stingray after that one) and the af100. Its a killer combo to wipeout everything... Except maybe the robots, thats when I change to a Lysander Z or F and have the AF100 or the Sparrow Shot MX. That shotgun is all around badass except maybe the reload time.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

for the "king" mission on inferno, I used the ZEXR-guns and the C-70 bombs. Lay the bombs out in a wide pattern then move in and start setting off turrets to get the attention of the spiders, when the large ones cruise near the bombs, set them off, it will kill them and any other nearby spiders immediately. Just do the same to all 3 and thats it.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't mean to be vague, But I've played this game to death!

Spiders themselves aren't too much bothers, Just try and hang back, If it's just a wave or so of them, Use the best assault rifle you have...

If it's swarms of them, Use this tactic, It's quite tricky;

You'll need the best bomb available and the worst rocket launcher, What you do is plant the bombs beneath/all around you and as they draw in switch to the rocket launcher and fire at the floor, While in the air detonate the bombs, It'll kill all the enemies but you wont be damaged by the blast because you were in mid-air, Big glitch!

As for the King-Spiders, Lysander-Z! Dual Lysander Z's if you feel up to it, Just keep shooting, He'll go down quick enough.

You should note though, ALL of EDF: 2017 is much, Much easier two-player.

• 2 months later...

I was at first going so suggest the stampede XM grenade launcher. But seeing how its the king level here is what i suggest.

1.(best) Abuse the invulnerability granted by knocking yourself off your feet by shooting an explosive (size and power does not matter) at your feet preferably a Volcano 3w burst if you have one or a Stingray M1. Once you get back up you have about 3 seconds to do stuff while (mostly) invulnerable. 3 second might not sound like much so that's why you want to use a C70 bomb (if you have them) which you set (not detonate) and then knock yourself off your feet again with weak explosives. While your in the "knocked down state" (true invulnerability) you detonate the bombs which kill will kill many enemies.

Obviously you want the enemies to swarm over you to maximize the damage done.

2.(second best) Try and hide behind buildings (If i remember correctly) and use those ZEXR-guns to kill the enemies, make sure you don't use them all at once. Try and deploy some for personal defense while running away from the horde of spiders. Also use the buildings for cover. (It blocks some of the web spray).

• 4 weeks later...

I posted this in the FAQ thread, but thought I'd repost here to show you how I finally did it.

Question:

-What's the best approach to beating level 32 March on the Inferno difficulty?

Level 32 is where you protect a group of snipers with three large waves of spiders coming at you one after another.

Answer / UPDATE: Use the AF100 Assault Rifle and stagger the use of the ZEXR-GUN turrets between you and your partner. Don't use the turrets until the spiders are close. Use one set of turrets per wave of spiders. There are three waves. Whoever used their turrets on the first wave should take 20secs to reload on the second wave while their partner's turrets are going.

Worked like a charm for us. Plus we had 9600 health.

Good luck everyone. Great game.

Earth Defense Force 2017, 1000/1000.

Edited by E vee dub

• 2 years later...