Feeling Stupid and Let Down...

Ninja Sandman

I feel like an idiot because when I first heard about this game I thought it was going to be a full on retail game and now I've come on here and the achievement list is posted showing it as an arcade game. Damnit I'm let down by this. I dont care what the screenshots look like fun is fun and I wont count this game out unless I play it first. I was just hoping for a more full experience that a full retail game tends to provide over an arcade title. Oh well looks like it'll be another "wait till its deal of the week" game. Anybody else agree?

I thought you had early access to it and were disappointed. It turns out you only went as far as the achievements list. =p

I will try the demo, but that's probably it. Just spent over 3000 MS Points on Summer of Arcade titles in the last 24 hours, so unless this works out cheaper on PSN for PSN Plus subscribers, I won't get it for a while.

but I am also glad that it isn't a $60.00 rip-off like several movie tie-in games (Captain America and Green Lantern come to mind).

I actually liked Captain America quite a bit, much much better than Thor and Ironman 2 (which were both total garbage, even though I completed Ironman 2).

OT: I am currently downloading the trial, but I'll probably end up buying the full game even though I think 1200msp is to much.

"If it means anything to you, there will be a full release Rambo game coming out. Feel any better? "

Yes actually that does make it better for me. What can I say I was born in 84 and loved Stallone and Schwarzenegger and every other over the top action star. I wish a developer could really come along a do a great original terminator game. I think the terminator salvation game for 360 nailed the coffin in that idea forever at this point. Here hoping the Rambo game is fun to play.

"If it means anything to you, there will be a full release Rambo game coming out. Feel any better? "

Yes actually that does make it better for me. What can I say I was born in 84 and loved Stallone and Schwarzenegger and every other over the top action star. I wish a developer could really come along a do a great original terminator game. I think the terminator salvation game for 360 nailed the coffin in that idea forever at this point. Here hoping the Rambo game is fun to play.

Why not just hope for a big time action game with plenty of production value? It doesn't have to include the likenesses of the same action stars that we see in EVERY action movie - I am sick of all of them, and video game characters are a relief because they're not contrive and stuck-up like all the actors in Expendables 2. Same with a Terminator game - you don't need the EXACT names and likenesses that are in the movies, just a game with humans vs robots that is entertaining and story-driven...oh wait, that's basically ME 1, 2, and 3.

The point is, they make enough money doing the shitty movies and TRYING to capitalize with soundtracks, commercials, endorsements, and usually terrible movie-knockoff-games. There is such an abundance of different styles of games that any movie you would want to have in a game you can have, but under a different title!

Why not just hope for a big time action game with plenty of production value? It doesn't have to include the likenesses of the same action stars that we see in EVERY action movie - I am sick of all of them, and video game characters are a relief because they're not contrive and stuck-up like all the actors in Expendables 2. Same with a Terminator game - you don't need the EXACT names and likenesses that are in the movies, just a game with humans vs robots that is entertaining and story-driven...oh wait, that's basically ME 1, 2, and 3.

The point is, they make enough money doing the shitty movies and TRYING to capitalize with soundtracks, commercials, endorsements, and usually terrible movie-knockoff-games. There is such an abundance of different styles of games that any movie you would want to have in a game you can have, but under a different title!

So by this I should just buy cod every year and pretend/compare it with expendables? I didnt dislike the terminator game because it was missing the likenesses from the movie actors, I just thought the game sucked and didn't have any real story for me. And I've beaten every mass effect multiple times over and have every available achievement from all three mass effect stories so its not like I'm targeting movie based games. I'm saying that theres so much you could actually do with an expendables game that I wanted a full on retail instead of a simple arcade title. You may be sick of those stars and hate how much money they make but it dosent change the fact they have a ton of fans and I grew up on these guys so I am pretty much always going to be a fan/endorse them. I think miley cirus is garbage but it dosent change the fact that millions love her, I just dont hate her enough to go post anger on the internet about it. Anyways theres are tons of actions games under different titles like you said and I've played pretty much all of them...but to me as an action movie junkie and video game lover the combination of those two would be a nice treat.

• 5 weeks later...

I don't understand why people look down their noses at download games and assume that retail releases are superior. I've played games on disc that I finished in a single sitting, and I've got downloads that have given me many, many hours of gameplay. And a full retail release is no guarantee of quality.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...