Infinite Stamina - Fastest EXP Method

Arrrk

I have just discovered what could be the greatest weapon in Dead Island, and if someone could confirm that this is the same for everyone, it would be great (Yes, I'm aware random loot is random but...).

This requires you to start the mission Blood Ties where you have to rescue Kwan's brother.

Enter the Abandoned house and fight your way to Cho. Lying next to him (for me) was a Baseball Bat. It had the following stats:

Damage 20

Force 0

Durability 20

Handling 120

Now, if I'm right, I'm sure many people will have taken one look at it and dismissed it right off the bat (pun totally intended). However, something about it caught my eye: 120 handling. Fists have 100 handling, and I assumed this to be the max.

I picked up this weapon and equipped it, to find not only did it swing incredibly fast, but it requires no stamina to do so.

"How will this net me fast EXP?" I hear you cry, well if you do the "Thug Method", and combine it with this weapon, not only will you be hitting faster and hitting more, but you'll not have to wait for your stamina to refill to do it all over again.

The Baseball bat, when broken does 2 points of damage to a level 30 Thug. I gained 10 levels in as many minutes testing this, so it does work.

Someone just needs to confirm that this is the same weapon in everyone's game. I'm assuming it isn't random as it's not from a chest, or reward, and strangely, it cannot be upgraded or modded in any way.

EDIT: THIS IS NOW CONFIRMED TO WORK

Edited by Arrrk

Hang on a minute. Just dropped the brother off safely and taken another look. It's got no level to it. Surely that means it will be auto dropped at 0 durability won't it? With no option to pick up or repair, or have I got that wrong?

Edit: Yes I am wrong. For some reason I seem to recall no level items being auto dropped when durability was zero...possibly....getting old... memory a bit fuzzy since I got bitten earlier.....

Edited by Tanaki Khan

You're correct in that it has no level, but it isn't auto-dropped, and can be repaired, though why you'd repair it is beyond me, you want it to do as little damage as possible for the EXP.

Ah, no, when I referred to repairing I was thinking of my early days in the game when I tried to hold on to that one paddle or pipe for as long as possible.

Just tested the bat on a thug, it was doing 2 white damage per hit compared to my knuckledusters at 17 so the thugs were lasting longer than previously.

Can I suggest, seeing as you found the item, that you copy your post to the level 40-50 thread (link) as that is where people are being directed to for this kind of advice when they search/ask for it?

And good find :D

Ah, no, when I referred to repairing I was thinking of my early days in the game when I tried to hold on to that one paddle or pipe for as long as possible.

Just tested the bat on a thug, it was doing 2 white damage per hit compared to my knuckledusters at 17 so the thugs were lasting longer than previously.

Can I suggest, seeing as you found the item, that you copy your post to the level 40-50 thread (link) as that is where people are being directed to for this kind of advice when they search/ask for it?

And good find :D

I linked it, and also posted the method. Good suggestion (If you didn't notice, I actually linked to that thread in the opening post, but it isn't underlined for some reason... I'll edit that in now.)

Cool thanks. Looking forward to it. Will go back to this mission as soon as I'm done with RE4.

Off topic I know but after your mention of RE4 I didn't even know it was released today, rushed to marketplace to find out how many points they want to find they want direct funds xfer, and there is no way I am giving MS my current bank details after it was misused a few months back to the tune of £90.

Off topic I know but after your mention of RE4 I didn't even know it was released today, rushed to marketplace to find out how many points they want to find they want direct funds xfer, and there is no way I am giving MS my current bank details after it was misused a few months back to the tune of £90.

Yeah it's awesome right, I love the game and it even looks way better than on the older systems.

You can use Microsoft Points to buy it. Press X on the confirmation screen to switch payment type to MSPoints. I think it is 1820

That's the way to go. Well I paid 1680 MSP, it's different from country to country.

Now back to Arrrk's great found. This way I think I'm going to max out all 4 characters, so I can switch when I'm getting bored. Again, nice one! ;)

It's close to the fastravel house in the bottom right corner of the moresby map.

I exited that house then travelled up the map to get to it. Not in game at the moment so going from memory.

EDIT: Now been back there and yes the house is still accessible and the bat is still available there.

Edited by Tanaki Khan