Skulls Locations/Requirements and Effects Guide

BTHR Zero X

Skulls Locations/Requirements and Effects

Skull Name: Look Daddy! (Mission 1: Alpha Base)

Kill 100 grunts.

Special Effect: Grunts methane tanks always explode when they die.

Once you have Killed All 100 Grunts, Get a Warthog and rush back to the front gate of Alpha base the skull is where the Marines were held up. (Little tip play the level on normal and up don't let the AI marines get the kills as it won't count use your units to wipe them up quick)

Skull Name: Grunt Birthday Party (Mission 2: Relic Approach)

Kill 20 Jackals

Special Effect: Grunts explode into confetti.

Once you have Killed All 20 Jackals, Head back to Alpha Base with a Worthog its in the south end of the base.

Skull Name: Cowbell (Mission 3: Relic Interior)

Kill 45 Hunters

Special Effect: Destruction physics magnified x2 (More Bang For Your Buck :p)

Once you have Killed All 45 Hunters, Take a Grizzly (Leave the other one to help take out Hunters from the main Entrance), Anders, Forge and Your Marines Back to where they were held up and its on the central pad.

Skull Name: Wuv Woo (Mission 4: Arcadia City)

Kill 50 Elites

Special Effect: Scarabs shoot rainbow made of Pure Love <3

Once you have Killed All 50 Elites, Where you Set up Base Two in the Streets there are some stairs Next to it leading to a Bronze Statue Its next to the Statue. (A quick way to kill the Elites is too send your hornets out on the town and search around each building).

Skull Name: Fog (Mission 5: Arcadia Outskirts)

Kill 5 Wraiths

Special Effect: No minimap - Final score will increase by 10%

Once you have Killed All 5 Wraiths, Get 3 Warthogs(Just in case of Attacks) and take them up the Tracks to the left of your Main Base and just keep going straight you'll come to a split in the Tracks just keep going straight. (A quick way to kill the Wraiths is too send your Spartans and 2 Warthogs to take them out. Just don't Spartan Jack them!!!).

Skull Name: Sickness (Mission 6: Dome of Light)

Kill 50 Banshees

Special Effect: All player units explode into Flood Units on Death - Final score will increase by 10%

Once you have Killed All 50 Banshees, Take a Squad of Marines to the Hanger Behind your Base its right there. (A quick way to kill the Banshees is to Upgrade you Base with Turrets then upgrade the Turrets with Missiles).

Skull Name: Rebel Sympathizer (Mission 7: Scarab )

Kill 10 Locusts

Special Effect: Non-player units recive 25% more hit points - Final score will increase by 20%

Once you have Killed All 10 Locusts, Get a Warthog And Take it to the Top Left of the Map where there was 2 Locusts and a Power Nod its right there. (A quick way to kill the Locusts is to Build up a Squad of around 5 -7 Warthogs and Charge around the Edge's of the Map to pick them off, You should find 8 the other 2 you'll need to wait for as the show up attacking your Base).

Skull Name: Rebel Supporter (Mission 8: Anders' Signal)

Kill 750 Infection Forms

Special Effect: Non-player units inflict 50% more damage - Final score will increase by 20%

Once you have Killed All 750 Infection Forms, Head to the North Side of the Map where you got the Elephant then head east you'll come to a cliff, But you should be able to see a ridge that you can take a Group of Marines down. Head down the Ridge you'll find it. (A quick way to kill 750 Infection Forms is to Make tons and tons of Marines once you have a Main Base then send them in groups of 4 to get the other Elephant, they should die quickly making more flood so then you just rinse and repeat).

Skull Name: Rebel Leader (Mission 9: The Flood)

Kill 20 Flood Stalks

Special Effect: Non-player units start with extra veterancy - Final score will increase by 20%

Once you have Killed All 20 Flood Stalks, Just to the North East of your Main Base is a downed Pelican. Just take a Warthog to claim it fast and easy. (A quick way to kill 20 Stalks is to Build a Group of 5 Hornets to Fly around the Map and take them out).

Skull Name: Catch (Mission 10: Shield World)

Kill 350 Swarms

Special Effect: All player units recharge unit abilities in half the time - Final score will be Decrease by 20%

Once you have Killed All 350 Swarms, Get at least 2 Hornets and fly East of you base past the First Tower you'll find a Plateau with covered with Flood Eggs it is in the centre.

Skull Name: Sugar Cookies (Mission 11: Cleansing)

Kill 100 Sentinels

Special Effect: all player units have 50% more hit points - Final sore will Decrease by 50%

Once you have Killed All 100 Sentinels, Take a Hornet to the front end of the Spirit Of Fire and it is right on the nose of the Ship. (A quick way to kill the Sentinels is activate all the turrets).

Skull Name: Boomstick (Mission 12: Repairs)

Kill 12 Spirit Transports

Special Effect: 5% chance any non-player unit blowing up upon death with Splash damage - Final score will Decrease by 10%

Once you have Killed All 12 Spirit Transports, Take a Hawk to the Lower 2 Airlocks and it its right up the Little ramp in the Air. (A quick way to kill the Spirits is activate all the turrets and built a lot of Wolverines).

Skull Name: Pain Train (Mission 13: Beachhead)

Kill 10 Bomber Forms

Special Effect: All player units train 50% faster - Final score will Decrease by 25%

Once you have Killed All 10 Bomber Forms, Head back to the Beginning of the Map where the First Teleporter is and head down the Path You'll find a Flood nest and its right next too it. (A quick way to kill the Bomber Forms is when you get your first Base build a Airpad and Build 4 Hornets and send them to sit next to the Teleporter so any Bomber Forms that come down you will kill).

Skull Name: Bountiful Harvest (Mission 14: Reactor)

Kill 20 Vampires

Special Effect: Supplies arrive 25% faster - Final score will Decrease by 30%

Once you have Killed All 20 Vampires, Head to the Second Covenant Base and its in the Far corner at the bottom of the next ramp. (A quick way to kill the Vampires is to build and Upgrade at least 4 - 6 Wolverines and take it slow head up the ramps).

Skull Name: Emperor (Mission 15: Escape)

Kill 3 Scarabs

Special Effect: All player Leader's powers recharge in half the time - Final score will Decrease by 50%

Once you have Killed All 3 Scarabs, Head the to Very North of the Map and its dead Centre of all the flood So go well armed. There is no quick way for this as they only Spawn 1 Scarab every 9 - 11 Mins

This Guide is For Use Only On

http://www.xbox360achievements.org

http://www.gruntsrus.com

Edited by BTHR Zero X

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the second mission, with the Grunt Birthday party skull.. the requirement is to destroy all the methane tanks AND kill 20 jackals.. im not entirely sure but i killed the jackals first and the skull wasnt there. I went and did the Endless fun achievement and went back to base to find the skull there.. So just letting you know.

On the second mission, with the Grunt Birthday party skull.. the requirement is to destroy all the methane tanks AND kill 20 jackals.. im not entirely sure but i killed the jackals first and the skull wasnt there. I went and did the Endless fun achievement and went back to base to find the skull there.. So just letting you know.

Well i went back and gave it another go once killing no Jackle's and it wasnt there, then once killing all Jackle's and Not methane and it was there so im not sure what happen with you sounds kinda weird @.@

Hi ! thanks for this it will come in very handy but i have a question. In the writing that scrolls along the bottom of the screen (I think it's at the main menu) it tells me I have 3 out of 17 skulls, how do you get the last 2 :confused:
FlameBall Warthog Counts as 16 Honor Gaurd Wraith is 17 but even if you have them it will say 15/17 and if you need proof to know they are 16 and 17 check my skulls out http://www.halowars.com/stats/StatsPlayer.aspx?id=38B761C7E65434473A54EA06E889A8EADB7291820FAD45D664C125064CE1A648

Very good guide indeed!

I have a question about mission number 1, killing 100 grunts. Is there any hidden area with grunts? Because I never seem to find enough grunts to get 100, and as soon as I kill the ones at the end, the mission is over.

Very good guide indeed!

I have a question about mission number 1, killing 100 grunts. Is there any hidden area with grunts? Because I never seem to find enough grunts to get 100, and as soon as I kill the ones at the end, the mission is over.

Nope just go through the Level really Slowly and dont send your warthogs in the Base send the troops as some times they run out the front

I left a Warthog at the front of Alpha base, and then proceeded to go in and kill the rest of the Grunts...

Got 100/100 and then switched over to the Warthog where the skull should have been and it wasn't there, then the level ended :(

Is it hard to see and maybe I missed it? Any help is appreciated, thanks :)

Hey, I've got a warning for the skull on Mission 1. If you don't kill the grunts quickly, any kills that the marines that you're rescuing get before you rescue them don't count to your total kills. If you have less than 100 kills it's because the marines stole too many kills.