Enlightened Achievement Guide

lilysintrigue

Frontline

+ Turn around and collect the night vision goggles from the storage box at the beginning of the tunnel.

+ Eavesdrop on the group of men sitting on the trolley you arrived on. (Beware though some eavesdropping constitutes as a bad thing.)

+ Find the body lodged in the pipes downstairs from the two injured fascist soldiers.

+ Save the Red Soldiers from the Fascists.

i havnt been able to find the body lodged in the pipes, iv found a few bodies but none have given me flashes so iv decided to press on

do either enlightened or explorer require you to get all the flashes mentioned in this guide or if i miss one or two should i still be okay?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can guarantee over 4 playthroughs that you can collect every single military grade round and loot everyone you find. I did, however, give rounds to all the beggars and completed every sidequest I could (save the communist prisoners, play the tape). I did get an awful lot of flashes, but I didn't get the explorer achievement til my second playthrough and the only military grade round I had missed was during the chase in the Red station.

I got the good ending on all 4 of my playthroughs.

I can guarantee over 4 playthroughs that you can collect every single military grade round and loot everyone you find. I did, however, give rounds to all the beggars and completed every sidequest I could (save the communist prisoners, play the tape). I did get an awful lot of flashes, but I didn't get the explorer achievement til my second playthrough and the only military grade round I had missed was during the chase in the Red station.

I got the good ending on all 4 of my playthroughs.

thanks for ur answer....

• 3 weeks later...

I'm inclined 2 believe that the 2 different endings are just based on whether or not U let the countdown commence & blow $@*! up (Hostile Ending) or U run up & hit X on the guidance system knocking it over (Enlightened Ending).

I played up until the begining of Chpt 5: Polis with no care what-so-ever as 2 being good or bad. I took every single piece of weaponry/ammo that was available whether it was from a commoner, soldier or handed/gifted 2 me. I only gave 1 gold bullet away 2 the kid in the doorway. Once Polis started up & saved I went back 2 the load screen & reloaded earlier chapters 2 get the Ka-Boom, Inquisitor, Heavy Metal, Metro Dweller, Explorer, Generous, Realist & Sherlock Achvs. I played from Exhibition 2 Trolley Combat (until my Heavy Metal achv popped) then went back 2 the load screen & started up Polis. I played from there till the end in a couple sittings. I didn't take no heed in any of my actions. I looted everybody & anything & killed everything in my path.

Got 2 the end game & watched the missiles hit the 1st time. Once the credits rolled I continued my game starting the final dream sequence over then this time at end game I jumped over 2 the guidance system & hit X to disarm it which he does by knocking it over the edge thus getting my Enlightened ending.

All in all I got ALL 1000pts in 1 playthru & 4 this reason thats why I think it has 2 just deal with what decision U make at end game since some of the achvs can be consider doing bad things.

Plus there is no set time as 2 when 1 becomes Enlightened. No matter what actions Artyom took throughout the game it was in the final moment that he had 2 choose between following in mans destructive nature 2 kill or 2 become Enlightened & open his mind 2 see the universal unity.

Just my 2 cents. Nice guide regardless.

PEACE!!!

I may be wrong but answer me this then: How was I able to watch the bad ending 1st then reload the last checkpoint & get the Enlightened ending 2nd?

According to Fizzmatixs' achv guide if you dont get the Enlightened ending on your 1st playthru then you must play the whole game over again to get the alt. ending. I was able to get all 1000pts. watching the Hostile ending 1st then getting the Enlightened ending 2nd (also the last achv I got) all in "1" playthru.

I'm not saying that everybody else is wrong but I know how my game turned out & it seems to contradict what everyone on here is saying about this achv. I still feel that you can play the game however you want & simply just jump over the dark one at the end & hit "X" to disarm the guideance system thus getting the Enlightened achv.

If I still owned this game I wouldn't mind playing thru it again to prove or disprove myself. Maybe someone who still has it can play thru it again doing only bad things then do the jumping & disarming at the end to see if the achv pops.

We all have different opinions & views on the subject & I'm sticking to my view that it does not matter how you play the game only whether or not you disarm the bomb at the end for the 2 seperate endings. Besides like I said in my initial post Enlightenment doesnt come from just doing multiple "good" deeds it comes in that 1 moment of clarity when the mind is free & in the case of Metro 2033 that is at the end when Artyom must decide whether to launch the missiles or to disarm the system.

PEACE!!!

I may be wrong but answer me this then: How was I able to watch the bad ending 1st then reload the last checkpoint & get the Enlightened ending 2nd?

According to Fizzmatixs' achv guide if you dont get the Enlightened ending on your 1st playthru then you must play the whole game over again to get the alt. ending. I was able to get all 1000pts. watching the Hostile ending 1st then getting the Enlightened ending 2nd (also the last achv I got) all in "1" playthru.

I'm not saying that everybody else is wrong but I know how my game turned out & it seems to contradict what everyone on here is saying about this achv. I still feel that you can play the game however you want & simply just jump over the dark one at the end & hit "X" to disarm the guideance system thus getting the Enlightened achv.

If I still owned this game I wouldn't mind playing thru it again to prove or disprove myself. Maybe someone who still has it can play thru it again doing only bad things then do the jumping & disarming at the end to see if the achv pops.

We all have different opinions & views on the subject & I'm sticking to my view that it does not matter how you play the game only whether or not you disarm the bomb at the end for the 2 seperate endings. Besides like I said in my initial post Enlightenment doesnt come from just doing multiple "good" deeds it comes in that 1 moment of clarity when the mind is free & in the case of Metro 2033 that is at the end when Artyom must decide whether to launch the missiles or to disarm the system.

PEACE!!!

No u need to do so many moral choices then u have the option to do either one if you do not make that many moral choices or the correct ones once you awake from the dream scene you cannot stand up, you just lay there when the missles shoot off.

EDIT: here is a you tube link showing what I mean [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGhCANN3d3k]YouTube - Metro 2033 EVIL ENDING (HD)[/ame]

Edited by Terrin

Ah, okay. Thanks for actually providing evidence instead of just telling me I'm wrong. lol So its like as long as you do all or most of the good moral choices then you can still do all the bad ones & still get both endings just as long as you get the end game where you get to stand up. Thanks for clarifing things for me. I thought it was weird that I had such a different experience then everyone else but I guess it wasn't that different after all. Just kinda confusing since I did the bad ending 1st I guess.

Thanks!!!

My second run-through was giving me every indication that I'd be in for the bad ending, with the Dark Ones saying I'll kill them and they must stop me, etc. Unlike my first time through however, I had the option to stand and shoot at the end. This game and its achievements are a bit much.

• 3 weeks later...

First, I will say thank you for the great guide.

I sincerely thought that, on my first run through (which I have just completed), that I would going to get the "bad" ending...

The reason? I looted every corpse that I came across. I looted every area I came across (even from the "poor"). I took the shells for rescuing the young boy.

What I didn't do however:

1. I did not kill any Librarians (I did the first one for the achievement and then reloaded)

2. I did not loot Boris.

I was surprised to have the Enlightened ending as an option once I completed the game.

Talk about completing the game...I finished it on Hardcore and the most disappointing thing is to not be rewarded for finishing it on a higher difficulty setting.

Exhibition (Infirmary)

+ Take the postcard from Hunter.

Riga

+ Right before Bourban, on the second bridge pay all 3 beggar's

+ Do not accept Bourban's payment of bullet's for accompanying him.

Cursed

+ When you exit the level, in the room with the memorial / shrine, there are several bullets within the candles where Khan opens the grate. Collect them as you pass through to Armory. Khan mentions that this area is a shrine to hope, confirming the hope theory.

Depot

+ Killed the soldier to stop him from alerting the station.

Black Station

+ Eavesdrop on the two guards standing in the hallway.

Caves

+ Did not take ammo or weapon from the fallen comrade.

Looting and collecting ammunition, weapons from here on out will not affect any of the final outcomes of the game.

Lily

Follow the guide exactly apart from the remaining hints (either not reading carefully enough or couldn't work out how to do it) and DID NOT get the option for the alternative ending.

I tried for like 20 mins solid at Riga, trying to pay the beggars on the bridge before bourbon, but just couldn't get near them! To be perfectly honest I didn't even know which 3 the guide was on about....

Hello i recently got this game and i had a great time playing this it was really good wish it got a better review anyways i only need this last achievement "enlightened" I got metro dweller and explorer last night i was happy with that but it gave me the " if its hostle shot it" ending... a little frustrating but i'll play the game again one more time i wont collect the Golden Bullets the currency ones right? but my question is can you pick up ammo up like in the boxes , or shelfs? i know you can pick up ammo from soldiers you killed such as the nazis or reds... but not your commrades or cilvians. or will that mess up the enlightened achievement? i'd like to know before i start this today. thanks Shadow Fox

Hello i recently got this game and i had a great time playing this it was really good wish it got a better review anyways i only need this last achievement "enlightened" I got metro dweller and explorer last night i was happy with that but it gave me the " if its hostle shot it" ending... a little frustrating but i'll play the game again one more time i wont collect the Golden Bullets the currency ones right? but my question is can you pick up ammo up like in the boxes , or shelfs? i know you can pick up ammo from soldiers you killed such as the nazis or reds... but not your commrades or cilvians. or will that mess up the enlightened achievement? i'd like to know before i start this today. thanks Shadow Fox

Don't take any ammo from or near civilians to be safe, this includes ammo on bunk beds, so be careful around stations...but in the tunnels and enemy bases its pretty much anything goes. I looted nigh on every dead body I came across, didn't pay too much attention to their clothing. If you come across ammo in cabinets, draws,lockers,tables during non-station missions...its pretty much up for grabs. Alot of players say they have looted every dead body they found and got the chevo so I wouldn't worry too much. I definetly looted every ranger body I found in Dead City.

Follow OP's guide to the letter (even if you miss 2 or more things the alternate ending may not unlock) and just don't loot from or near civilians to be safe. You will find stacks of military grade ammo in the tunnels anyway.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found another flash. Not sure if its been mentioned or not, but here it is:

On Chapter 2 - The Bridge, a little ways into the level you will come to the bridge,you will then descend stairs then go up another set to get back on top of the bridge.

Moving forward there is a train, hop onto the box on its left side and jump into the train, go all the way to the end of the car and open the red box to your left.

Inside are 3 baby dolls, examine them to get a flash.

*EDIT*- Another on the same level, don't get seen by the military trolly and you get a white flash.

*EDIT*- On a new flash finding frenzy, on Dead City 1, after going upstairs in the first building you arrive in, a Nosalise will run past, proceed forward and look out the last window on the left you will get a white flash for watching it run away. :)

As a side note I did get this achievement on my first run through, things I didn't do that guide says to do:

-First off I looted all corpses and bodies and got all gold bullets in the cities to get Sherlock.

-Didn't give bullets to beggars besides the one that gives first flash.

-Didn't talk to step dad at Exhibition

-Took Bourbons bullets

-Took all other bullets given to me, except from the Mother in Child.

In the end I think this achievement is determined on how many flashes you get, the golden ones being worth more, while the white ones are worth less, thats my theory anyway.

Edited by Crimson Drifter

• 2 months later...

I tried to do all the goody goody things I could. But, in climbing the tower I still got the "he brings death" and because of that I ended by shooting the Dark one with the pistol so I'm guessing I can't just reload that chapter and NOT shoot the dark one with the pistol?

I don't recall getting many flashes of any kind during the game but the regular scripted ones at some points.

For shits and giggles I'll try that tonight and see what happens, otherwise I'm starting run no. 2 with this guide anyhow. Thanks for the tips!!

• 2 weeks later...
I tried to do all the goody goody things I could. But, in climbing the tower I still got the "he brings death" and because of that I ended by shooting the Dark one with the pistol so I'm guessing I can't just reload that chapter and NOT shoot the dark one with the pistol?

I don't recall getting many flashes of any kind during the game but the regular scripted ones at some points.

For shits and giggles I'll try that tonight and see what happens, otherwise I'm starting run no. 2 with this guide anyhow. Thanks for the tips!!

I also heard that but at the end it let me shoot the tri-pod off the tower which got me the achievement. I'm guessing you always end up killing that darkone no matter what since its trying to kill you.

• 5 weeks later...
I followed the following guide:

http://au.faqs.ign.com/articles/107/1078933p1.html

on my first play through and unlocked it first attempt. Short, clear cut, precise. Highly recommended for anyone still having trouble with this Achievement.

Thank you sir.

I followed this guide exactly and got it. I saved the reds in frontline but killed everyone else. Since I was trying to get explorer. I didn't kill anyone in black station and just did the quick silent run through it. Took all the ammo from dead city and pretty much on any body I found.

Now to just get explorer.