Achievement Discussion

Krazie

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting the full thousand for this game honestly doesn't seem all too difficult. The game caters nicely to the stealth aspects more than if you simply charge in guns blazing so getting through it in its entirety without killing anyone or setting off any alarms should be easy enough.

The only ones that would cause any problems would be the finding all XP books and doing side mission in a certain way since you might simply miss them during the playthrough, a walkthrough guide for both cases should suffice.

Just finished my first playthrough and got Foxiest, Legend and Pacifist!

Although I thought I'd messed up both Pacifist and Foxiest.

Firstly because I briefly sent the one of the first turrets (by a control room where an xp book is) into hostile while moving from wall to wall cover.

Secondly because the guard outside Double-T's apartment decided to turn himself into a skull icon after I'd used a NON-LETHAL takedown on him and checking that he was "zzz" (which he originally was).

I also let Malik die and chose Darrow's ending for my first ending.

So if anyone else has experienced either of these two things, keep the faith and carry on with the game and you may well still get the achievements like myself.

Very pleased and was a rewarding feeling seeing them pop!

Edited by EngineerTheDead

Just my first playthrough and got Foxiest, Legend and Pacifist!

Although I thought I'd messed up both Pacifist and Foxiest.

Firstly because I briefly sent the one of the first turrets (by a control room where an xp book is) into hostile while moving from wall to wall cover.

Secondly because the guard outside Double-T's apartment decided to turn himself into a skull icon after I'd used a NON-LETHAL takedown on him and checking that he was "zzz" (which he originally was).

I also let Malik die and chose Darrow's ending for my first ending.

So if anyone else has experienced either of these two things, keep the faith and carry on with the game and you may well still get the achievements like myself.

Very pleased and was a rewarding feeling seeing them pop!

I was wondering about that part at Double T's as well. I did the whole bit and then found the jackass outside dead because I stun gunned him in the face. I just reloaded it though.

I did "the Fall", "Kevorkian Complex", and killed a few dudes durring the Malik ambush via droid EMP self destruct and still got "Pacifist".

I was quite surprised I got "Foxiest of the Hounds" to be honest. I was certain I didn't reload on a couple of failed computer Hacks where it hit Zero before I could quite out. I must have just lucked out on which ones I let that happen on. Must have been a Public area or something where there wasn't a full scale alarm. It was quite early in the game when I let that happen and it wasn't until I was almost done that I realized that should count as an alarm.

You managed to get it even with killing a few people? Sounds quite lucky to me!

I nearly managed to 1000G this in my first playthrough but missed out on the Tong achievement and the Pritchard sidequest achievement. Might see if I've got a save that I can revert to.

Regardless, I'll probably play this game through again a couple more times just because it is truly great. A definite contender for my personal GOTY so far.

I'm on a second run through of the game and I'm going for the Pacifist achievement, so all I carry or the stun gun and tranquilizer rifle. I'm trying to infiltrate the DRB territory from where you meet Jenny to get the Cloak and Dagger achievement. Now I just shot two guards with the stun gun and one was knocked out and it said that it killed the other guy, is the Pacifist achievement now void?

EDIT: I reloaded the autosave to try it again and one of the DRB guys still dies when shooting him with a non-lethal weapon. This time I shot him in the ass with the tranquilizer rifle and it still kills him. I'm just going to continue on with the game and hopefully I'm not wasting my time not killing anyone just so the Pacifist achievement doesn't pop.

Edited by Pearson

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

What a crock of shit this is. Just did my second Factory Zero run for the Missing Link DLC and no achievement. Both times to the letter and nothing. Fucking bullshit. No praxis kits or upgrades, no weapons at all, no explosives at all, twice now and nothing. Moving on and forgetting about it. I was pissed after the first time it didn't pop and though maybe just maybe I might have messed up somewhere as I was getting the other achievements with saves. But my second run was perfect. totally pissed.

EDIT: I went back and replayed the final Burke section of the DLC and it popped. I was detected before taking Burke out the first time and was not on my second attempt. That was the only difference so apparently Factory Zero requires you to get to Burke without being detected regardless of whether you take him down hand to hand.

Edited by DarthSoth

EDIT: I went back and replayed the final Burke section of the DLC and it popped. I was detected before taking Burke out the first time and was not on my second attempt. That was the only difference so apparently Factory Zero requires you to get to Burke without being detected regardless of whether you take him down hand to hand.

Well, I did everything perfect and even got Burke completely undetected and it still didn't pop. It has to be glitched in some way for some people. I am positive I didn't fire a weapon, use a Praxis or a single lethal takedown.

I have everything but Legend, which did not pop in the end... So I'll go for a 4th playthrough (but after Mass Effect 3 and Alan Wake's American Nightmare). Did it happen to anyone else ? Or is it because while not changing the difficulty setting I turned the highlighting effect on items on ?

• 4 months later...

I suppose this could help a few people.

The vid below is the start of a walkthrough and the guy gets every achievement in 1 playthrough. I just finished up (I can confirm seeing as I did use it and got everything) and hopefully it helps a few others.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-xipobHUPA&list=PL219C7EEA0DC744C2&index=1&feature=plpp_video]Deus Ex - Legend / Doctorate / Pacifist / Foxiest Information - YouTube[/ame]