Long Gui - Archlyte Steppe

Geckyy

Way tougher than Yomi in my opinion. Beat him first try, but just barely managed to kill it before Doom killed Noel and ended up with no stars. :(

Any tips on how to take down this guy and his 4 mil. hp faster? My strategy was to debuff and then kill legs with Relentless Assault then debuff him and do as much damage as possible when he's down. I used Tortoise for stomps and Ultima, had a few monster deaths when he used Roar though.

Way tougher than Yomi in my opinion. Beat him first try, but just barely managed to kill it before Doom killed Noel and ended up with no stars. :(

Any tips on how to take down this guy and his 4 mil. hp faster? My strategy was to debuff and then kill legs with Relentless Assault then debuff him and do as much damage as possible when he's down. I used Tortoise for stomps and Ultima, had a few monster deaths when he used Roar though.

This battle was really easy, I don't know what you mean. Yomi is quite tough.

Drag the fight out i suppose. get a couple sabs in there to poison the legs, then relentless assault to take the bastard down. i used sab, syn, rav when he was down to get buffs up, and debuffs (including poison), then rav, rav, rav up to 999, then com, com, com to kill him. sometimes though, doing poison, he'll stand back up and i repeat the process. Take a few wound pots with you. itll be a little easier that way

This battle was really easy, I don't know what you mean. Yomi is quite tough.

With Yomi you need approximately 5 paradigms....

MED MED MED (for healing during Impenetrable Aura)

SEN SEN SEN (defnese against Wicked Whirl)

SAB SAB SEN (for sticking Poison on him)

RAV RAV COM (building up stagger once Poison sticks)

SYN RAV SEN (applying Protect, Shell, Vigilance at start and during Impenetrable Aura)

I do admit I would probably find Long Gui a bit easier now since he was the first of the four Steppe bosses I fought. ;)

Drag the fight out i suppose. get a couple sabs in there to poison the legs, then relentless assault to take the bastard down. i used sab, syn, rav when he was down to get buffs up, and debuffs (including poison), then rav, rav, rav up to 999, then com, com, com to kill him. sometimes though, doing poison, he'll stand back up and i repeat the process. Take a few wound pots with you. itll be a little easier that way

Was using wound potions when max hp was at 3/4, but I'll try this strategy and see if he dies faster. ;)

:whsthe only other thing i would do is when you get him to 999 stagger is use serahs ultima arrow then swap to com/com/com and use noels meteor strike as they both hit hard.

Doom? I don't remember a Long Gui ever casting Doom before. And as mentioned above he is pretty easy. Like mentioned before take 1 leg out at a time then the head. I used SAB SAB RAV to weaken legs, RAV RAV RAV to destroy them as by the time they staggered they had virtually no HP left, SAB SAB RAV to weaked head on ground and make sure all 4 are active (Deprotect, Deshell, Poison, Imperil), RAV RAV RAV to build up the chain to about 900 then switch to COM COM COM to destroy him. If needed switch to MED MED COM if you need to heal that way the chain isn't lost. SEN SEN SYN and SYN SYN SYN are the other two but I only used SEN SEN SYN when he casts Ultima, I've never had him really overwhelm my team before with this set up.

Yomi is hard he kept healing and using that shield so the stagger would go compeltely never mind the long gui i nearly killed that but it does roar and takes you out

and how come i dont have any moves of noels and serahs like you

They are options to learn as you further progress through the Crystarium. Serah's Ultima Arrow is a Ravager move that takes all ATB charges to use and can only be used 1 time per battle. Noel's Meteor Javelin is a Commando move that has the same requirements and restrictions as Serah. I can't remember whether you had to max out their respective roles in order to unlock these but its better to just to be sure.

:whsthe only other thing i would do is when you get him to 999 stagger is use serahs ultima arrow then swap to com/com/com and use noels meteor strike as they both hit hard.

Bad thing is that both of those reset the chain gauge.....but I will admitt they do pretty good damage.;)

Posted by Alanotoole1987

Yeh av maxed out everything mate level 99 on each but not once seen the move

Trust when I say he does cast Doom on your leader if you take too long (like I did). Doom counter was literally at 30-40 when I killed him.

Yomi is hard he kept healing and using that shield so the stagger would go compeltely never mind the long gui i nearly killed that but it does roar and takes you out

and how come i dont have any moves of noels and serahs like you

Does Yomi really heal? He never seemed to do that when I fought him. I'll give you that his Aura is annoying though, but I still beat him much faster than the Long Gui.

Would like some tips about his Roar though.....definitely his most annoying attack by far, next time he stomps he pretty much kills anyone who still has the debuff on them (mostly my monster):(

Only way I've seen to counter it is by throwing remedies.

Doom? I don't remember a Long Gui ever casting Doom before.

I think there's some kind of condition that if you spend too long in a boss/major battle then you get Doom cast on your leader. It happened to me in FFXIII, at least, maybe they carried it over. It's like the games way of telling you that you suck and should just die already.

If you need a good Commando for Long Gui fight then Dragoon is a good choice, you can max it out very quickly and easily and it also has Armour Piercing ability.

PS - This is the fight that (more than likely) will net you the 'Giants Fist' achievement (do 99,999 damage in a single attack)