• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have one question!

If I start a new game, can I join the Mages Guild and the Thieves Guild immediately?

Because I've finished the game already and I was doing the side-quests, but now I'm a vampire and I don't want to do all that process just to leave the vampires alone..

So if I start a new game can I do that guild instead of the main quest???? Or do I have to do some missions first?

I joined the fighters guild just after starting my game the first time. You just have to crate your caracter and finish the first short area. After that you should be able to join any guild without doing any main quest.

Thank you for the answer.

I will try do that tomorow ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a FYI .. i wont put any spoilers up but.. here we go.. when you are going up against the last boss. you can defeat him fairly easily by jumping across the third floor right next to the staircase to the top level outside the palace. jump back and forth healing to full health and hitting boss with health dmg potions on decent enchanted weapons. rinse and repeat.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Just thought I'd post this -

During ''The Ultimate Heist'', the final Thieves' Guild quest, it is possible to keep the Boots of Springheel Jak, though it's pretty high recommended you have a high Sneak skill/high Chameleon or both, since you don't want to get caught.

When you're in the palace, in the office where the trapdoor is you need to go through (and fall a long way down), there's a few bottles to be found there which will fortify your health. Drink all those and as much of the strongest health potions possible. Now enter the trapdoor WITHOUT wearing the Boots

When you land you will loose a lot of health, so heal yourself, but you will still have the Boots. And who doesn't likes 50 extra points for Acrobatics?

This can not be done always though! so far, I found the minimum amount of health required (before fortifying your health) has to be at least 120. In my case, when I jumped down I had about 10-20 health points left

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for this I didn't have internet for awhile and good thing I saved this because I would of broken down and had been lost for hours lol

Just wish you would have finished the rest of the dlc I got the GOTY edition 5th anniversary. But no matter got internet back up just wanted to post a thank you.

Also for anyone new to Oblivion the way I joined the different faction order was:

Fighters Guild

Mages

Arena

Theives Guild

Dark Brotherhood

I did all the factions and all the achievements in one playthrough. I did this after the first achievement I got. then I did the main story once I was done with the faction achievements. Hope this helps if anyone reads this.

Edited by MissJaded

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for this guide! The game is on sale from Deals with Gold $3.74 and I decided to buy it. Does anyone have recommendations on what kind of character to make? I've been buying up cheap games lately to basically increase achievements, and I've been turned off by these kinds of complex games in the past. For example, there are so many races/classes/etc.

Thanks for this guide! The game is on sale from Deals with Gold $3.74 and I decided to buy it. Does anyone have recommendations on what kind of character to make? I've been buying up cheap games lately to basically increase achievements, and I've been turned off by these kinds of complex games in the past. For example, there are so many races/classes/etc.

Depends on what you want your specialty to be. For a mage, I would suggest a Dark Elf, for a thief be a Khajiit, for a melee type class, be a redguard, and for an all around character, be an Imperial.

Edited by datmanydocris