Better Than Skate 2?

CaptainSpanner

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would love if the Hall of Meat broken bone damage reflect on the scatter in the bail. So if you snapped the arm, the in game skater would have a snapped arm. I don't know why but the lack of this bugged me.

Also a better skill rating finder in online would be nice, I got fed up playing against the gods of the game and the people that were playing it like Tony Hawks (basically holding A to Ollie rather than flick stick control). I want a nice game against people more my level.

I loved Skate 2 to bits but never actually played the original. If Skate 3 was basically a new map with more challenges I'd still buy it.

Oh, and I hope they sort out the character modeling so not everybody looks like a chimp.

Same map my friend. It has been the same place the last two times and I am sure they said it is the same again :p.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the first skate for christmas of 07, and that was one of my favorite games ever. And when skate 2 came it did not dissapoint me. I liked it alot more than the first, but some things bothered me in the game. Number 1. The AI in that game is completely Autistic. They said they would fix that in an interview with 2, but that apparently never happened. I hope they fix it this time around. :( 2. The 360 were not as well pulled out as in the first Skate. it seemed like you could flow the BS and FS 360 alot better in the first one. I am very good at Skate and Skate 2 (im not bragging but im just saying haha), but to be fair for the other people they should not have such a steep learning curve for the people. My friend was new to Skate 2 when he borrowed my copy of it and he thought it was too hard because of the specific commands that the game told him to do. Other than that, Skate 3 should be fantastic. I did find it a bit bull how the second game was of the same city ( who wants to skate the same stuff again ), but im happy they are finally giving us a new map. A few things that i would like them to note (even though the game is probally done and they arent going to read this..) is that the wear and tear on the shoes should be realistic this time around. I really like that concept. In the second game. if you did one tre, your shoes would be scuffed. That isnt how it is in real life. It takes time and depends on what you do that makes your shoe wear like that. This is how i picture it, and this is how i think they should make it happen: You buy your pair of shoes. You skate it in a for a pretty long time. They look beat up, and the beat up shoes should effect the skater's performance. The skater should not skate in a shoe with a 6 inch hole in it! That would encourage the gamer to go to the in game skate shop and buy new cool shoes and to skate in that until they are worn down. A cool cycle i would think. But i dont know if im being too picky. Well, Im kind of nervous about the game, but i hope it turns out well like the last two. :)

I kinda hope that they've toned down the 'co-op' aspects of the game. I really, really enjoyed the first two games, but was disappointed by the way in which I was forced to play those stupid online co-op challenges for 100% in Skate 2. It looks like they're really pushing the whole 'team' thing now, so I'm fairly sure I'll be disappointed again. In my opinion, there was no need to introduce gimmicky features like the Hall of Bones either, but I guess a lot of people would get bored of skating in the one of the coolest engines of all time.

I'll be getting this game regardless, but I think it will be much harder to 100% this one with a plethora of online/co-op/gimmicky achievements looming.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if this was mentioned in the wall-0-text above, but has anything been done to improve the movement controls off the board? IIRC they were absolute shit in Skate 2...

Just really, really, really, really bad...

Hope that's been changed somehow.

yeh i agree.. skate 1 was pretty shit n skate 2 should have been skate one because it was just a re make n the controls were still shitty...

but skate 3 should b a new world n better updated controls meanin it should now be alot better.. n dont get me wrong i still love skate because it is so much more realistic than shitty grind powerlines tony hawk... but i just think they fucked up alot of things with skate 1 n 2.. fingers crossed for this one...