So why no female baddies in mass in Borderlands? is GearBox sexist?

Master69Wraith

Do you think there should be female baddies that you can kill or be killed by?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think there should be female baddies that you can kill or be killed by?

• yes there should be female Baddies
    • no there shouldn't be female Baddies
    • don't know or don't care
    • as long as their eating a bullet it doesn't matter

:wtfSo here's my problem I just noticed. I just bought the DLC for Borderlands Zombie island and it dawned on me after a minute...where are all the Female Zombies? then I thought back to all the Bandits and the same thing,no females either.:wtf In the 21st century and in a game set in the future there are NO females to kill or be Killed by? :AR15

Am I the only one who thinks this is weird or noticed and left wondering why? is GearBox Sexist? Don't little girlie gamers need role Models too :ass

I put a POLL on this to truly find out your thoughts on this subject,so please take the second it takes to check your thoughts A-D Thanks

Edited by Master69Wraith

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played Zombie Island much, but I was pretty sure I saw some female Zombies there.

Don't know what's up with the bandits. Maybe there's less female bandits, so the female ones don't go out to fight for fear of them dying. Then again, that sounds like that would require thinking. Doesn't sound like the bandits much.

Maybe due to the fact that the bandits and probably the now zombies were once convicts imported to pandora as a labour force. Though most of the females that are in the game seem to have come from other source's such as scientists hired by the companies operating on pandora...

Or maybe gearbox thought it was easier to skin only males due to needing less animation for only one type of each enemy rather than two... in other words, it could be a budget related choice, or just laziness on the part of the animators...

Just a thought...

Ummm.... I think your all thinking about it too much...obviously most of the female characters are "good" because women are more "pure" then men except for Steele that is because she is foreign, and probably a man. But still,make up your own reasoning about why there are less women in the game, its correct as long as you beleive it to be. : )

Ummm.... I think your all thinking about it too much...obviously most of the female characters are "good" because women are more "pure" then men except for Steele that is because she is foreign, and probably a man. But still,make up your own reasoning about why there are less women in the game, its correct as long as you beleive it to be. : )

This post is wrong on so many levels, but that doesn't stop it from being funny as hell.

To to ensure I'm not reading it wrong, this dude thinks women are good and pure unless they are foreign transvestites? Wow, just making sure I read it right.

• 1 month later...