Every Boss Fight made easy.

Gackt

This will work great for you if you are playing through without trying to kill anyone as you can collect frag mines throughout the game before ever getting to any bosses.

BOSS 1

Barrett.

He wont move if you hit him with a gas grenade. After that you can either run up to him and shoot him to death, or if you have been collecting frag mines as you come across them, throw a few of those at him and he will die very quickly without ever being able to fire at you.

BOSS 2

Yelena Fedorova

Once the fight starts she charges you, dont panic...run forward and she runs past you to the wall to do her stupid area of effect attack. While you run forward turn around and throw a gas grenade which will keep her there for a few seconds. Enough to throw a grenade or frag mine at her.(maybe 2 if you are quick enough) She wont stand still as long like Barrett does so once she escapes the gas walk over to where she tried to attack you. Throw a few frag mines around and when she comes in for her next attack she will run directly into the mines and kill herself.

BOSS 3

Jaron Namir

Once the fight starts he will fire a plasma rifle at you and often throw grenades. Once the fight starts throw a gas grenade at him and strafe out of the way to your right. Run around real fast on that side and throw a few frag mines towards him and retreat. He should die very quickly, if not just throw 1 or 2 more at him to finish him off. (Also to make this easier, when you go to Shanghai the 2nd time, Pritchard is going to mention going to LIMB to replace your biochip, don't do this. If you replace it, when you fight Namir your screen is going to be all messed up and make the fight much harder than it needs to be, and it also disables the use of your AUGs)

Of course there is always doing it this way too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v1X5F0d58I]Deus Ex - HR Namir Boss Fight [No Bullets] [One Punch] [Hardest Difficulty] - YouTube[/ame]

Note, that you need to spam the B button while hes coming over the wall, otherwise you can not do it.

Edit: This method won't work if you took the upgraded chip!

Last BOSS

Zhao Yun Ru

When the fight starts, dont bother pressing the buttons, run around the pods until you find the terminal on the wall. Its a security level 5 terminal, Input the code 2012 and disable the pods. After that near the steps around the room there is a divider you can jump up on, its about 10/15 feet long so once you jump up on it you can duck and back up so that the robots in the room and the few soldiers cant get to or see you. You simply wait while the machine breaks down and destroys the glass infront of Zhao. Then fire whatever weapon you have at her until the cut scene starts. Grenades and gunfire can break the glass faster/laser rifle fires right through the glass.

Hopefully this is helpful to those having any problems with the bosses, it made it laughably easy fighting them this way :D

Edit:

Another easy way to defeat bosses also is using the Typhoon augmentation for those who want to invest points into that. I figured those going for Pacifist achievement would rather put the points into other things which makes the grenades/mines strategy a much better way to do it so you can invest those praxis points into something more useful.

Edited by Gackt

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have most of your AUGs....

BOSS 1

Barrett.

Run up, Typhoon, Typhoon, Typhoon. Done. He won't even have a chance to fire but he may grab you then try to use the Heavy Rifle on you. If he does, sidestep the Heavy Rifle to the left then use one last Typhoon.

BOSS 2

Yelena Fedorova

Run up, Typhoon, Typhoon, Typhoon. Done. She won't even have a chance to fire.

BOSS 3

Jaron Namir

This one is trickier as Typhoon won't work. Use the Magnum instead. Right after the cutscene put 2-3 rounds into him then take cover on the wall directly in front of you. He will throw nades and use plasma rifle then disappear and hop over the wall. DO NOT PRUSUE. Stay in cover and wait for him to jump back over the wall. Once he jumps the wall put 2-3 shots into him. If he throws nades move to the left around the wall, let them detonate, then take cover where your were. Rinse/Repeat.

Last BOSS

Zhao Yun Ru

Make sure you have the Plasma Rifle, Heavy Rifle, or Laser Rifle and full stealth batteries. Once it starts go into full stealth hit each of the three buttons and kill the three pods. You stealth will now be empty. Refill batteries with protein then run up to the main boss and cast Typhoon 3-times. You'll need battery for this so make sure you have a couple protein bars to use. The whole fights takes less than a minute, even on Hard.

Using the techniques above I beat every Boss on HARD with ease. 1000/1000 now!

I found the strategy guides barrett suggestion extremely useful. I did NOT have typhoon for this fight. Throw gas grenade, grab the nearby gas canister and throw it at him, throw concussion grenade, grab the 2nd gas canister and throw it, run up the right side, grab explosive container and throw it, and if he's not dead run a little farther for a 2nd explosive container and that should kill him. This worked beautifully on Hard without typhoon. The grenades are simply to stun him so he doesn't shoot the canister while you're holding it. That's bad if he does :p Since he ALWAYS uses his triple grenade move after being hit by a grenade, you can easily run up the right side of the room. In fact, the guide says this:

Concussion Grenade = stunned Barrett followed by 1 triple grenade attack

Gas Grenade = stun + 2 triple grenade attacks

EMP = long stun + 3 triple grenade attacks

Knowing this, you can essentially keep him from EVER firing his gun or moving, and he'll just keep chucking grenades. Long as you keep moving, no worries.

2nd boss was definately a typhoon/typhoon/typhoon fight :p

This is what I did...

BOSS 1

Barrett.

The environment is your friend... there is gas cylinders in the room throw one at him and he is temporally stunned, it gives you time to pick up an explosive barrel and throw that at him... just do this 3 times and he is dead... no matter what difficulty.

BOSS 2

Yelena Fedorova

I killed her with about 10 shots to the face with a stungun

BOSS 3

Jaron Namir

Didn't go to the clinic, and was able to see him with wall vision thingy... killed him in 3 hits with rocket launcher.

Last BOSS

Zhao Yun Ru

hacked the terminals then entered the pin, then shot her with a plasma rifle.

Wow, thanks for the guide.

For the 1st boss I didn't read any guide, so I was pretty much on my own. I used stun gun on him, then quickly switch to machine gun, once he was about to recover I ran behind a pillar, let the stun gun reload, then repeat the process once. He died.

BTW, doesn't the achievement discription say 'boss fights don't count' towards not killing anyone?

Wow, thanks for the guide.

For the 1st boss I didn't read any guide, so I was pretty much on my own. I used stun gun on him, then quickly switch to machine gun, once he was about to recover I ran behind a pillar, let the stun gun reload, then repeat the process once. He died.

BTW, doesn't the achievement discription say 'boss fights don't count' towards not killing anyone?

That is correct. You can use any weapon/grenades you wish during bosses without messing up the achievement.

Its funny I actually came in here cause I saw Gackt as the thread starter. Bujingai on PS2 is one of the few PS2 game I still own still think its underrated. Anyway gotta hand it to you I honestly thought this thread would be lazy and the thread would be.

Boss Fight 1

Typhoon Ammo

Boss Fight 2

Typhoon Ammo

Boss Fight 3

Typhoon Ammo

Boss Fight 4

Typhoon Ammo

But its not so good work on these strats wish I would of known about this thread on what to do on the 3rd boss fight he gave me the most trouble.

BOSS 3

Jaron Namir

This one is trickier as Typhoon won't work. Use the Magnum instead. Right after the cutscene put 2-3 rounds into him then take cover on the wall directly in front of you. He will throw nades and use plasma rifle then disappear and hop over the wall. DO NOT PRUSUE. Stay in cover and wait for him to jump back over the wall. Once he jumps the wall put 2-3 shots into him. If he throws nades move to the left around the wall, let them detonate, then take cover where your were. Rinse/Repeat.

Typhoon worked like a charm for me. The instant the fight began I popped it, stood still to bait him out and when he came at me again I popped it, game over for him. I thought the first one missed since he jumped behind the paned as it was going off, but apparently it goes through stuff. Anyway, Typhoon works, it works real good.

Typhoon worked like a charm for me. The instant the fight began I popped it, stood still to bait him out and when he came at me again I popped it, game over for him. I thought the first one missed since he jumped behind the paned as it was going off, but apparently it goes through stuff. Anyway, Typhoon works, it works real good.

I like the grenades strategy better simply because it doesn't require you to put points in the typhoon augmentation, which is better for those going through for the pacifist achievement, they can put the points in something more useful for their playthrough. But yes the typhoon works really well. I updated the thread to include the typhoon way as well though :)

Its funny I actually came in here cause I saw Gackt as the thread starter. Bujingai on PS2 is one of the few PS2 game I still own still think its underrated.

:D It is indeed underrated!

Edited by Gackt

I didn't have any of the grenades or typhoon (shocking, I know) when I fought the 2nd boss so I just used the P.E.P.S gun when she was invisible then quickly switched to the shotgun and unloaded a few right into her. and after about two times she was dead.

Hopefully that helps anyone that was in the same predicament as me.

I had a big problem. I was in the LIMB and got the biochip, didnt had any explosives neither gas. So i really was freaking out... doing it on deus ex difficulty. So I tried something... before you enter the security area there is a moving turret, I activated the modus competitors for it and moved the turret with me down to the fight with namir. I put it in a corner in the middle room and the fight was over in a minute.... really simplified that task...!

I had a big problem. I was in the LIMB and got the biochip, didnt had any explosives neither gas. So i really was freaking out... doing it on deus ex difficulty. So I tried something... before you enter the security area there is a moving turret, I activated the modus competitors for it and moved the turret with me down to the fight with namir. I put it in a corner in the middle room and the fight was over in a minute.... really simplified that task...!

There is actually a youtube-Video of it. Looks like someone else tried and did it the same way...

Youtube-Link:

Apparently Namir can be put out of the fight with a melee takedown. I saw a YT video where the player waited for Namir to jump over a wall, ran to the place behind the said wall opposite Namir's location, waited for him to jump over again and used a melee attack on him, thus "killing" him without firing a single shot.

Apparently Namir can be put out of the fight with a melee takedown. I saw a YT video where the player waited for Namir to jump over a wall, ran to the place behind the said wall opposite Namir's location, waited for him to jump over again and used a melee attack on him, thus "killing" him without firing a single shot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v1X5F0d58I]Deus Ex - HR Namir Boss Fight [No Bullets] [One Punch] [Hardest Difficulty] - YouTube[/ame]

Assume you mean this. But this only works if you spam the B button while hes trying to get over the wall, if you try to do a normal takedown on him while hes standing in front of you it wont work.

Assume you mean this. But this only works if you spam the B button while hes trying to get over the wall, if you try to do a normal takedown on him while hes standing in front of you it wont work.

Ooooh really must try that!! Looks fun. :woop:

Last night I took down the Bull with just 4 frag mines, and I didn't even get a chance to toss the gas grenade. I'd accidentally left the mines equipped when I walked in. Got into cover and just kept tossing them over the wall. By the time he recovered from one another was blowing up on him and he never even got a chance to throw any grenades.