Question

Badge Man

I just downloaded the game for free to see if I like it. Are there any achievements that will unlock without effort (example: viewing the credits, clicking something in a menu, etc...), or do have to be trying to get achievements? I don't want to unlock a couple of achievements, not like the game and never play it again, thus hurting my completion percentage.

You won't get many achievements just for finishing the game. I had about 300 - 400 for years when I completed it. For the rest you really have to try, not that it's al that hard but it can be time consuming.

Clicking something in the menu or viewing credits are not worth anything in Crackdown.

The first achievement will unlock pretty soon if I remember correctly.

Or download the full game and play "keys of the city". This is a cheat mode and won't allow you to get any achievements. The only problem is that in that mode, you can boost all your abilities to max. It's a real fun game when your stats are maxed out. However, if you enjoy that and then start the real campaign, all your stats are zeroed until you start - collecting orbs, shooting, driving, blowing stuff up and punching. So, if you are using keys of the city, you might want to leave all your stats at zero and just start playing to see if you like it.