Judged by your Gamertag?

masterq60

Seeing the picture where it says The Sweaty Nerd just totally reminded me of a friend that I have whose GT used to be MYKOCKJUST and he purposely deleted everybody and resent us all a friend invite again and it read "MYKOCKJUST wants to be friends" and the same thing for when he would kill somebody it would say "MYKOCKJUST killed whoever" and it was so funny and actually didn't get banned for a good 5 months lol

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm going to judge anybody I rather judge some one by there personally and skills during online playing. If I see some one lacking I don't mind help that person to get better, but if some one wants help with increasing their skills or just want to increase their gamerscore I don't mind at all.

One of my friends gt is nutellah. As in that chocolate spread, but with a H at the end. This is from a CoD player too. I did ask why there wasn't an abundance of X's in his tag haha. He is actually a sound lad, but an odd choice of GT.

The worst GT I ever come across was KillJew32. The guy was full on racist, and quickly got muted/reported. But other than that, I've not met that many people I don't like on XBL. 4 or 5 people in the 3 years total I've spent online.

I saw one guy named xX3L1T3H3ADSH0T. That name screams tool.

"L33t" speak, excessive xxx's, improper grammar, numbers, etc. I will immediately and swiftly judge thee. =P

Basically this. A little bit of the above is one thing (like how I have a zero in my name instead of an"O") but when you run into xXxSn1p3RAsSaSs1NxXx, there's really only so many explanations:

1. He's a tool

2. He's doing it for the lulz

3. He's really that uncreative (which essentially, can revert back to #1)

One of my friends gt is nutellah. As in that chocolate spread, but with a H at the end. This is from a CoD player too. I did ask why there wasn't an abundance of X's in his tag haha. He is actually a sound lad, but an odd choice of GT.

The worst GT I ever come across was KillJew32. The guy was full on racist, and quickly got muted/reported. But other than that, I've not met that many people I don't like on XBL. 4 or 5 people in the 3 years total I've spent online.

I LOVE Nutella! Haha. People always accuse me of getting my name from Bioshock which while one of my fav games of all time, is simply untrue because I've had this tag before the game came out.

I have never been judged for my gamertag untill someone on my friend's list looked up my gamertag in the "Urban Dictionary". LOL! I have no idea what it meant but let's just say it works in my favor.. Especially with the ladies! No i'm only joking but I suppose it could? LOL! ;)

Never judged but once had a squeaky-voiced kid say "Rex rhymes with sex, you're getting reported."

I chalked it up to "who gives a shiz" until one of my team mates asked if I enjoyed having a reverse pedo come-on in the lobby. I didn't care for it at all.

I do admit to judging gamertags with leet speak or that alternating capitalization. I just assume there will be trash-talking and Halo-jumping galore.

Sometimes I am wrong. Sometimes xXAw3s0m3Sn1p3zXx turns out to be a scholar and a gentleman who extends his pinky and says "Well-played, sir!" as he tea-bags my corpse.

Lol I do tend too get a lot of fish jokes thrown at me online.

Its all good banater though.

I have a had a few people that have found my Gamertag quite amusing so they have tried to add me as a friend.

As for judging people, I cant say I really do that. Maybe when your playing Call of Duty and you see the usual xQUICKSCOPEZZx Gamertags.

With my current GT, most people assume I am at least one of the following...

1) male

2) a drunken fool

3) a Star Wars fan

Only two of those things are true.

You're a Star Wars Fan?!?!?!?!

sarcasm

Lol.. look at my GT. Magic Biscuits. I get called gay all the time... but it doesn't bother me because it shows me how immature people are and shows they have nothing better to do.

Umm who would think a magic biscuit is gay? It would be awesome to have a magic biscuit, but my luck I'd forget one morning and put eggs and cheese on it and eat it....no more magic biscuit.:(

As for me the only grief I get is from my lazy friends. They are mad that my GT starts with a S so now they have to scroll further down to send me a invite (used to start with a C)

When I still used RuYi as a GT, I got messaged in which people called me 'chink' a couple of times, but that's it. Never received anything about my GT after I changed it to Westraid. I suppose it's just too random.

I usually don't care about other people's GT. At most they might make me raise my eyebrows, but I never felt the urge to write the owner a private message about it.