Help with a flash drive

Disk5464

I recently bought a 32 gig PNY flash drive. Every time I format it and put stuff on it sooner or later it releases all the memory and acts like it is a new drive and needs to be formatted. Can any one shed some light on why this is happening. I just lost all of my black ops 2 dlc, my copy if mine craft, and all of my dlc for borderlands 2. Oh yea and my entire save game for borderlands 2 was on there too (:eek:). So If I can't recover it I'm starting the game all over again. Please help.

• 2 weeks later...

There have been problems like this with the HDD of the xbox360 reported. it's a hard drive failure for them. the same thing can happen to your computer where it loose data and un-formate itself, wiping os and all. Memory sticks do the same thing. you flashdrive is just failing. anyway to recover data, yes. but for that you need some specialized equipment. I have a hard drive reader, can pull data off any dead drive like that, but i don't have a usb version. check with some repair shops, and have a new xbox360 formatted drive for them to transfer to. sorry for the bad news. and hope this helps