Favorite modern day zombie flick?

IAMDANJONES

Is there really any good modern day zombie movies?

Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland are really only ones I can think of.

Diary of the Dead and Survival of the dead weren't too bad.

Survival of the dead... is that the Romero flick where they try and get the dead to eat a horse?

Mines essentially the same.... the french flick la Horde was alright too.

Zombieland for sure with big thumbs-up to the tv show The Walking Dead. :beer:

I really enjoy the Walking Dead because it gives a little under 8-11 hours (at an hour an episode with 8-12 episodes a season) for major character development and side stories within the zombie plot. Mainly because realistically, any movie cannot last over 3 hours, especially a zombie one.

My favorite zombie film so far.... 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead. I love fast zombie. They're the one you gotta run from!!

Ugh, I hate fast zombies... not in movies...but if that ever happened in real life I'd hate that. If Usain Bolt died we'd all be screwed.

I saw a trailer for this one movie called the devil's jungle where it was Zombies doing parkour.

Is there really any good modern day zombie movies?

Diary of the Dead and Survival of the dead weren't too bad.

That was literally one of the worst sequels to anything I have ever seen.

Zombieland was superb. Never really got on with Shaun of the Dead that much to be honest but it was at least well made.

Hmm, what else. Shall we say 'modern day' starts from around 28 Days Later? Yes? Okay. You've got Locked Away, Signos, 12-24, Dead Run 2, The Dead Walk, Battle of the Bone, Biophage, The Uprise, One Last Sunset, Zombie Abomination: Part 1, Opstandelsen, [Rec], Uniform SurviGirl (both parts), and Ispiritista (a tiny bit more 'haunted house' themed than zombie themed I guess).

There was also Tales of the Dead which wasn't entirely about zombies but was generally great and had an awesome zombie segment in it.

Carrying on with the more comedic/action theme, we've got Sars Wars: Bangkok Zombie Crisis, Working Stiffs, Tokyo Zombie, Fido, Doghouse, Romeo & Juliet vs. The Living Dead, The Revenant and Dale of the Dead.

There's been some good indie zombie movies as well. The Mental Dead, Zombie Commando, Zombie Farm, 2, The Face, Street of the Dead, Yesterday, The Hell Patrol, Deader Country, Silent Night/Zombie Night, I Am Bish and The Life Room.

I'm not really a fan of The Walking Dead but as far as TV shows go, Dead Set and American Heart were pretty good as well. Also, check out Zombie Girl: The Movie. It's about an awesome little 12 year old girl making her own zombie flick.

Yes, I know my shit. I mean, I could name you a fuckload more but those are the ones I actually enjoyed. Most new zombie films are indie efforts that don't have an effects budget and so rely on the acting (consistently bad idea).

Shaun of the Dead is good, but only because it's supposed to be a comedy. Most modern zombie films suck because they are more funny than scary even though they are supposed to be horrors. Dawn of the Dead remake is watchable but it's nothing special. Seen a bucketload of other modern zombie flicks but none of them compare to the classics.