The Next Mass Effect Game Is Playable Right Now

WalterWhite

It's not much, but hey, it's Mass Effect.

---

Original Story: Game Informer

The next Mass Effect game, which we got early glimpses of on N7 Day, is now in an early playable form. The title is in development at BioWare’s Montreal studio, and the details of its plot are still unknown.

The news comes by way of Aaryn Flynn, general manager for BioWare’s Edmonton and Montreal studios.

@AarynFlynn: Great time playing the next Mass Effect game in Montreal. Ambitious. Beautiful. Fresh but recognizable. And fun!

We’re eager to learn more, but we don’t expect EA and BioWare to go all in on Mass Effect publicity until after Dragon Age Inquisition is closer to launch next year. For more on that game, check out our coverage from September 2013.

Our Take: The next Mass Effect game is far enough along that it’s not only playable, but developed enough that Flynn is making some exciting promises. We’re eager to learn more about the new Mass Effect and whatever new IP Flynn mentions in his Twitter bio.

I still wonder if they decided to go for a prequel or a sequel to the trilogy.

I hope it's a prequel. I want something like the original Dragon Age where you can choose your own race and have a unique beginning to the game depending on which race you chose. You should be able to choose Human, Asari or Turian and have some privileged background/opening story, or a Batarian or Drell for the difficult beginnings.

I don't know what the story could be though. It could be your progression to become a spectre, but it wouldn't make sense considering the first human spectre was Shepard.

Whatever it will be though, i can't wait.