Has Anyone Lost Weight?

It´s the real deal alright!. The first couple of times you play you will have to do a tutorial for the exercies everytime they introduce a new one... but in time you will learn all there is to it and you can have a hell of a workout.

I am in pretty good shape. Using this for cardio now, not for building muscles. (hitting the gym 5 times a week so no need to).

I can promise you that if you compare this workout with wiifit workout (if you can call it that) It´s a huge different!. You will loose weight if you keep it up but of course you need to take care of the bigger part of loosing weight to, FOOD. You can even build muscles if you use bigger dumbells than the game tells you to.

It´s the real deal alright!. The first couple of times you play you will have to do a tutorial for the exercies everytime they introduce a new one... but in time you will learn all there is to it and you can have a hell of a workout.

I am in pretty good shape. Using this for cardio now, not for building muscles. (hitting the gym 5 times a week so no need to).

I can promise you that if you compare this workout with wiifit workout (if you can call it that) It´s a huge different!. You will loose weight if you keep it up but of course you need to take care of the bigger part of loosing weight to, FOOD. You can even build muscles if you use bigger dumbells than the game tells you to.

JeJans, thanks! I'm going to pick it up from Best Buy tonight. I think it's on sale for $39.99 right now.

JeJans, thanks! I'm going to pick it up from Best Buy tonight. I think it's on sale for $39.99 right now.

ask if they will price match, and they should, it is on amazon for only $33.99.

and if you want to pick up EA Sports Active 2 that is only $59.99 instead of $99.

I am starting Your Shape today.

I started Your Shape over the weekend. The workouts aren't messing around. My wife and I were both achy after the first day (because we're so darn out of shape). I'm a big fan of the Zen stuff, which seems really good for your legs. I recommend it, if I don't sound too much like a salesperson for the game.

I can't really answer the original question with a definite "yes", but I will tell you how things have gone for me. My doctor has been on me for years about dropping about 30 lbs. I've spent the majority of my post-college life in the realm of 230-235. I like to think that when I was in college I couldn't afford to eat (and my old ID proves it compared to pictures from a few years later). About 3 years ago, I got the dreaded high blood pressure speech from the doctor and given 30 days to get it to normal. I cut the soda completely and started looking for stuff to become more active. I had the Wii and while I got into EA Active (and later EA Active More Workouts). I dropped about 10 in that first month and dodged getting put on meds for the blood pressure. I spent maybe 6 weeks or so with each to decent results, but sticking with it was a bear. When I ran across the Gold Gym Cardio Boxing, I found that I really enjoyed the activity.

My most recent checkup was about a week before the Kinect came out and I was at 191. A month later (getting Your Shape on release day with the Kinect and doing mostly cardio boxing) I was about 182 and am sitting about the same now.

The cardio boxing is great. I'm having trouble with hitting my rhythm on the Platinum course, but I'm trying to do 1-2 classes of Silver and Gold classes a day and forcing myself to make time to do so.

I don't like the Zen stuff, partly because I have trouble getting into the proper position before it changes to the next one and partly because it doesn't seem to do much calorie burning. I've done some yoga (YRG, if you've heard of it) and I certainly can feel my legs being tested if I'm holding positions longer.

I bought the Bollywood one mainly to see if my wife would like it. She hasn't tried it out yet, but has played a little Dance Central.

What's really suprised me recently is the personal trainer. I fiddled with it in November, but I couldn't get it to recognize my doing one of the exercises and couldn't pass the demo for that class. It never occurred to me to just change classes. I'm doing the "Break a Sweat" one now and after each session, my legs are feeling like jelly (so the cardio boxing gets done first).

So, sorry to ramble, but I am a big fan of this game. I'm hoping for some more variety in the cardio boxing, but since it's incorporating kicks, it's getting my time exclusively rather than busting out the Golds Gym and splitting time with it (tons of varietly in the combos, but it's obviously just boxing).

Just played this game for an hour and a half, I am soaking wet from sweat, really wanna go for a swim, but I'm not sure I can make it to the pool at the front of my house considering how sore my legs are right now.

It's not a gimmick, it works.

This game is no joke. I am not in good shape. My wife on the other hand is. After the first session with this game both of us could barely walk up and down the stairs. I was sore for a few days. My wife recovered a little faster than I did. This game will kick your ass if you want it to. Like any exercise program or diet, it is the user's willpower that will determine how effective the workout is.

I wouldn't say this game is a gimmick. I had Wii Fit and I only played it for about a month before I got bored - it just didn't give me a proper workout.

Your Shape has been surprisingly good. Real workouts and a trainer who tells you how to hold yourself which is great for people who aren't very familiar with exercising.

I'm pretty good with working out and can discipline myself, so I was really pleased with myself that based on my fitness test, my cardio was at an "advanced level". I decided to then do the cardio workouts recommended for me at my "advanced level". Oh wow, I was so sore the next day! There I was thinking how awesome I was and how much of a breeze it would be, but it was tough and you can really push yourself with these workouts.

I think if you keep track of what you eat and workout with Your Shape you could well lose some weight. I haven't noticed any weight loss myself, but that's not why I am using Your Shape, I'm just using it to maintain my fitness levels and keep in shape :).

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

you can loose weight with this but it will take whey longer than if you go out running. It´s a good thing to do both thought. personally i hate running etc.... so i use this to help me with cardio and well, it works:) slow and steady. using UFC at the moment. I have been sore after every workout for 2-3 weeks now. And i´m in pretty good shape!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
so is this only on the wii? and did you just use this program to lose weight or did you go to the gym as well. Congrats to everyone who had lost weight! That's fantastic.

No, it's for Kinect! Not sure whether it's on anything else to be honest...

I lost weight using a majority of the Kinect titles and eating a health diet, so far I've lost 1 and a half stone doing so. It really does work! :)

• 5 months later...

I have been loosing my weight after continues practice. Its amazing and time saving advice! I meet different challenges during the game and feel pressure on some situation then i tried to over come the challenges and got results (pass/fail). This practice makes me to do more to meet the challenges and this tension helping me to reduce my weight. Me also practicing on other tools but there is no doubt that it's best for me.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I want to give the answer of the original question that you asked in the title of this thread. Well yes i have reduced lot of weight with regular exercise. I think exercise is natural and best way to reduce weight so everyone should do exercise everyday.

Edited by SteveAllen