Has Devil Horns/infinite ammo glitch been fixed?

Mc1ovin11

I have followed every step detailed to get Devil horns on my Pure Survival playthrough but it just won't happen.I have:

1-Unlocked by completeing Classic.

2-Then cleared cache.

3-Declined update and proceeded to play offline.

4-Got up to chapter 3 bench.Opened safe and no devil horns!

I read somewhere that dlc could be a problem,yet others say not a problem.Anyway if I delete any/all dlc I cannot access the save files that would give me access to Pure survival mode & the devil horns.I am stumped.

Also when this didn't work I thought i'd check whilst offline with no update if the 'infinite ammo' glitch would work and no joy with that either.Could there be something in the dlc which 'fixes' these glitches the way the update does??

Update:I have gone through a lot of old/irrelevant posts on other threads and there seems to be a bit of confusion surrounding this matter,mostly involving the issue of dlc on save files.I am going to delete all dlc,move all save files except classic to USB,start a new save file to playthrough on easy with DH then hopefully upon completion-aslong as I stay offline/don't update-the DH will be unlocked on the NG+ Pure Survival option.I know its hassle & its not impossible to do it 'legit' but TBH the task of getting the DH on PS & Hardcore is a challenge I have to complete-one way or the other!

I will update with the results.

Edited by Mc1ovin11
New Information

IT WORKED!!!:woop: Therefore the Awakened dlc does have the same patch that the update does,fixing the Devils Horns and Infinite ammo glitches.

So just to clarify-If you will be wanting to use the Devil Horns weapon on your Pure survival/Hardcore playthroughs,which are unlocked upon Classic mode completion,DO NOT INSTALL the Awakened dlc UNTIL you have completed the main campaign on Casual/Normal,then completed Classic to unlock Devil Horns.Then follow the steps in the guide/roadmap which are:

1-Clear cache on hard drive

2-Cancel/Decline the update.

3-Play offline up to the bench at end of chptr2/beginning chptr3.

4-Retrieve Devil Horns from safe.

5-Save/Quit,re-start game,accept update and play online.

I would also set up your Hardcore playtrough including Devils Horns whilst you are offline and the update isn't installed to save you time and hassle:ie New game+,Hardcore,play up to bench Chapter 3,retrieve Horns,Save/Quit.Then at least you have a hardcore save file with Horns in safe!!

Edited by Mc1ovin11
Grammar

• 2 months later...

If I've installed the Awakened DLC but HAVEN'T beaten Classic mode yet, do you reckon I can just clear my cache and remove the DLC and finish Classic mode and avoid the "fix"?

Any insight would be appreciated from anyone. Really don't feel like doing a lot of extra work to get the fucking devil horns to work...

Edit - Apparently after clearing the DLC from your HD, you can't play your save file until it's reinstalled. Good thing my first run was before I installed the DLC and my classic run was only 2 and a half hours in... Just started a new one. Stupid patch...

Edited by Jagermeister TX

Yeah unfortunately I found out that you can't even play without the DLC if you started with it installed. But after being reminded of how hard Dead Space can be (I haven't played DS2 since it came out), I think it will be worth it to get the horns.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just in case this helps anyone...

I'd completed the game on Normal in June 2012 WITHOUT the DLC being downloaded (it wasn't available at that time).

I started a New Game+ from the above save WITH the DLC installed on my Hard Drive and completed the game again in November 2013 on Classic to unlock the Devil's Horns.

I cleared the cache (as per the other guides) and started Pure Survival offline, got to the bench on Chapter 3 and no Devil's Horns.

I deleted the DLC, cleared the cache again (just in case) but then couldn't access the Pure Survival save or the Classic save because the DLC was missing. I could however access the Normal save from 2012 and start a New Game+ on Pure Survival, again offline. The Devil's Horns were waiting from me when I got to Chapter 3.

Exactly the same worked for Hardcore mode too.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am about to start this game from scratch.

I downloaded the Awakened DLC & updated the game not knowing it has a fix for this exploit built-in.

If I delete my cache & the DLC, does this mean that I'll be playing the entire first run "offline" because I can't take the downloaded update? I'm OCD about time stamps on my achievements, and being offline means there wouldn't be any.

Is there a solution for this, to delay the DLC/patch AND get time stamps on achievements while doing my first playthrough?

Or, am I screwed and have to basically do two casual playthroughs?

The first one to get all the story/progression & easy to get achievements, and then a second one AFTER deleting the DLC/patch to get the devil horns for the Pure Survival playthrough because that first save won't work because the patch is missing?

Any thoughts on this would be helpful.

I understand where you are coming from. I too recently started the game and did not want to mess up my play.

Here is my suggestion assuming you have not already started. In theory it will correct your potential issue.

Delete the awakened DLC. You don't want it on your device.

Clear the cache. Removing any updates.

Start your game and go for 100% on the retail copy before even redownloading the DLC. You should be able to use the devil horns method as mentioned above. Apparently it's ok to play with the update (because you can remove it) just not the DLC.

I am about 3 chapters away from completing my first play through while collecting all the collectibles I can in single player.

I too want time stamps on my achievents.

Send me an FR and maybe we can knock out some of the coop collectibles and missions.

Edited by arikmoon
Corrections

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...