underrated perk/weapon/killstreak.

Why would I compare it to black ops when black ops sucks as a whole. Other than a couple maps there isnt a point to sniping. Why snipe when you can use an Assault Rifle and be more accurate. I would say that sniping is obsolete with exception to a map like wasteland or maybe derail.

My point was that sniping in BO sucks, but you appear to have failed understanding that. And how the hell is an AR more accurate than a sniper?? I'd like to see you get one shot kills with an AR. Take the sides on Highrise for example; how many bullets does it take with an AR to kill someone on the other side compared to how many bullets it takes for a sniper.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point was that sniping in BO sucks, but you appear to have failed understanding that. And how the hell is an AR more accurate than a sniper?? I'd like to see you get one shot kills with an AR. Take the sides on Highrise for example; how many bullets does it take with an AR to kill someone on the other side compared to how many bullets it takes for a sniper.

Many times have I outsniped snipers with my ACR and scar. I headshot spawn killed them on highrise with my silenced scar in just 2 shots just the other day.

Many times have I outsniped snipers with my ACR and scar. I headshot spawn killed them on highrise with my silenced scar in just 2 shots just the other day.

But havn't snipers out-sniped you when you use an AR more times than you have killed them. I'm pretty sure that you don't get 2-bullet kills with an AR everytime and that it's very usual to fire away one or two more bullets.

A kill with an AR and SP takes 3-4 bullets while a sniper rifle only needs one. And an AR will often need more bullets, the farther away the target is and also needing to burst fire. Snipers however don't change.

wake up on the wrong side of the bed did we??? I get your point that sniping in black ops sucks, as it also does in MW2. With the exception of wasteland and rerail you can easily outsnipe somebody with an AR. Also use a famas or m16 and it is a two bullet kill (with stopping power), which equates to one trigget pull. Since you seem a little upset and a bit thick in the skull, I will make it easier for you. I have been killed by a sniper in mw2 less than a couple hundred times, but I have over 75,000 kills with an AR. AR wins.

Yes a sniper will be more accurate at a distance than an AR, but those times rarely happen in mw2. It is too easy to flank a sniper with an AR. For every kill a sniper gets on me I will kill then 10 times with my sniper. If you are still set on bitching about sniping in black ops, you should move your arguement here http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=274582 . We would all greatly appreciate it.

wake up on the wrong side of the bed did we??? I get your point that sniping in black ops sucks, as it also does in MW2. With the exception of wasteland and rerail you can easily outsnipe somebody with an AR. Also use a famas or m16 and it is a two bullet kill (with stopping power), which equates to one trigget pull. Since you seem a little upset and a bit thick in the skull, I will make it easier for you. I have been killed by a sniper in mw2 less than a couple hundred times, but I have over 75,000 kills with an AR. AR wins.

Yes a sniper will be more accurate at a distance than an AR, but those times rarely happen in mw2. It is too easy to flank a sniper with an AR. For every kill a sniper gets on me I will kill then 10 times with my sniper. If you are still set on bitching about sniping in black ops, you should move your arguement here http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=274582 .

We would all greatly appreciate it.

One burst = 3 bullets. All three are needed to get a kill unless in HC, or one being a headshot.

Sniper rifles have longer range, the scope and average less recoil than ARs, or at least settling before the next shot. How can this not make it accurate?

What if an AR would have a sniper scope and lower recoil? Wouldn't it be more accurate?

As for flanking, just set up claymores or switch position after a few shots.

Edited by Alpha Kebab

One burst = 3 bullets. All three are needed to get a kill unless in HC, or one being a headshot.

Sniper rifles have longer range, the scope and average less recoil than ARs, or at least settling before the next shot. How can this not make it accurate?

What if an AR would have a sniper scope and lower recoil? Wouldn't it be more accurate?

But when you get shot often the sniper kicks so as soon as that 1st shot hits often your screwed unless you can get a lucky shot off (long range as you say)

Have you tried a thermal FAMAS sways about everywhere unlike the steady as a rock RDS.

But when you get shot often the sniper kicks so as soon as that 1st shot hits often your screwed unless you can get a lucky shot off (long range as you say)

Have you tried a thermal FAMAS sways about everywhere unlike the steady as a rock RDS.

One of the avantages of having high accuracy, high precision, longer range etc allows you to stay away from the fire fight and not worry about getting hit.

Taking cover is what helps the most, but quickscoping is also great. ARs do also have the problem of kicking when shot at and so does every weapon. As the kick goes up it is suggested to aim at the upper chest to avoid missing the target.

For example: When in CQB with an AR and you get hit. The aim goes up and results in an headshot or getting killed. The same goes for snipers.This also fits for all ranges. That's why I aim for the upperchest to assure a kill even if I'm getting shot at.

Edit: High rate of fire with recoil plus an added sway programed for Thermal makes it very unprecise weapon for long range. If it would have lower recoil it would work as a charm.

The FAL is a great example. If you use it with thermal it will work as a sniper but only with slightly less zoom and lower damage, unless in HC where it's OSK

This is getting WAY OT

Edited by Alpha Kebab

get your facts and come back. The famas and m16 only need 2 of the three bullets in a burst to kill when using stopping power. Also keep in mind that is core and not hardcore. Lets make a deal. You get a team full of snipers and I'll get a team full of people with AR's. Lets see who wins the majority of the games. As for your claymore, I like sitrep, so I will know exactly where you are. Nobody on this forum is going to agree with you that a sniper rifle is better than an AR.

ARs do also have the problem of kicking when shot at and so does every weapon. As the kick goes up it is suggested to aim at the upper chest to avoid missing the target.

For example: When in CQB with an AR and you get hit. The aim goes up and results in an headshot or getting killed. The same goes for snipers.This also fits for all ranges. That's why I aim for the upperchest to assure a kill even if I'm getting shot at.

I was using that as an example but the kick is different for an AR because you get hit once so your aim jumps onces whereas an snipers will get hit more so the aim will kick more if that makes sence.

Yes it does however with an AR stick with the FAMAS you can easy get 3 burst off in a close range fight thats 9 shots thats 9 chances to get a lucky headshot not even counting the full autos where your looking at upwards of 15 chances. Whereas the sniper such as an intervention which everyone uses in comparison to the rest your lucky to get 2 shots off at point blank being nice thats only 2 chances to hit a lucky shot. That doesn't even take into consideration the no scope inaccuracy and the rest of it because in CQB you don't QS.

Edit: High rate of fire with recoil plus an added sway programed for Thermal makes it very unprecise weapon for long range. If it would have lower recoil it would work as a charm.

I was using the thermal as an example of your sniper scope AR being more accurate. In my eyes the thermal is a sniper scope nothing more. Any how HRoF so your looking more at the Tar 3-4 shots from that and your doing down using only a silencer. Just 2 sharp bursts of the trigger needed.

Which brings another item to the table. Silencers if your using a silencer on a sniper other than the M21 and using it like an AR good luck getting any OSK which when you use an intervention is very inconvieniant.

If I'm having a bad game I don't reach for my sniper I reach for my silenced scar, what does that tell you. ...Chapter 2 to follow

I was using that as an example but the kick is different for an AR because you get hit once so your aim jumps onces whereas an snipers will get hit more so the aim will kick more if that makes sence.

Yes it does however with an AR stick with the FAMAS you can easy get 3 burst off in a close range fight thats 9 shots thats 9 chances to get a lucky headshot not even counting the full autos where your looking at upwards of 15 chances. Whereas the sniper such as an intervention which everyone uses in comparison to the rest your lucky to get 2 shots off at point blank being nice thats only 2 chances to hit a lucky shot. That doesn't even take into consideration the no scope inaccuracy and the rest of it because in CQB you don't QS.

I was using the thermal as an example of your sniper scope AR being more accurate. In my eyes the thermal is a sniper scope nothing more. Any how HRoF so your looking more at the Tar 3-4 shots from that and your doing down using only a silencer. Just 2 sharp bursts of the trigger needed.

Which brings another item to the table. Silencers if your using a silencer on a sniper other than the M21 and using it like an AR good luck getting any OSK which when you use an intervention is very inconvieniant.

If I'm having a bad game I don't reach for my sniper I reach for my silenced scar, what does that tell you. ...Chapter 2 to follow

Nope three bullets. Health in Core: 100. FAMAS and M16 damage 30-40. http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Famas#Call_of_Duty:_Black_Ops (Says BO but just scroll up to MW2) You do the math.

You're also forgetting the point. I only said that sniper rifles are more accurate, not better. Of course ARs are better overall since they are balanced at all ranges while snipers are the best at long ranges. Seem like i stepped on some toes, no need to flame.

Say that you burst three bullets with an Barrett at close quarters. And you can also quickly empty the mag if you have a fast trigger finger. Then you won't need to get a headshot, just a bodyshot.

I quickscope at close ramge to make sure that I'm aiming at the torso

I agree with Thermal working as a scope, but bursting will give the opponent more time to shoot at you. I can't deny that ARs are better at close range, but that was not what I said.

• 2 weeks later...

Marathon Pro - faster climbing is so effective and useful, this is practically the only first perk I use in combination with Lightweight, Stopping Power or Cold Blooded and usually only Ninja.

M1014 with Extended Mags - the most powerful shotgun.. superb fire rate (semi automatic). The game says it's got a greater range than the Spas-12 but I think it's lying lol. Clip size of 4 shots gets frustrating at times but extended mags boosts it up 6, making a real weapon! You'll need 400 kills for it though! It's also got a better reload speed than the Spas-12.

Counter UAVs - Under used and underrated. One of my favourite kill streaks, it completely throws the enemy off because they become so accustomed to having their minimap, 30 seconds is a long time to not have your UAV and minimap to check on.

On top of the facts that UAVs get spammed quite a lot and also 95% of players don't bother shooting down petty kill streaks like UAVs and counters, making them extremely effective. I like to stack up 3 or 4 if I can, save some for enemy UAVs and also just to spam them all at once at important times. Awesome.

Edited by Dr Popodopolus

M1014 with Extended Mags - the most powerful shotgun.. superb fire rate (semi automatic). The game says it's got a greater range than the Spas-12 but I think it's lying lol. Clip size of 4 shots gets frustrating at times but extended mags boosts it up 8, making a real weapon! You'll need 400 kills for it though! It's also got a better reload speed than the Spas-12.

Counter UAVs - Under used and underrated. One of my favourite kill streaks, it completely throws the enemy off because they become so accustomed to having their minimap, 30 seconds is a long time to not have your UAV and minimap to check on.

I agree with the cuav it's a really nasty killstreak.

The M1014 is an awesome shotgun and the most balanced. It excels in most situations. Emags however boost the clipsize only to six.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will firmly agree that Counter UAVs are one of the deadliest Killstreaks in ANY CoD game if deployed sensibly.

Sentry Guns are incredibly under-rated in Modern Warfare 2. For Ground War, Domination, Demolition, Headquarters and even Sabotage, for a five killstreak these beauties can easily land you more kills than any Predator missile, hell I've even seen them out-do Harriers and Pavelows. It's just humiliating watching the same guy run into a Sentry 10 times in a row. :')

Without a doubt the most under-rated gun on Modern Warfare 2 is the Vector. Now I have Fall camo for this gun, and every attachment (And nearly 2,500 kills), and sure, in Core I will happily admit it falls a little short IF USED INCORRECTLY. Next time you play Core with the Vector, try it with Rapid Fire/Extended Mags, Scavenger, Stopping Power and Steady Aim. I can guarantee you your opinion will change.

This gun in Hardcore is a beast. It's RoF lays so many UMP users to rest. Try it with Rapid Fire+Extended Mags and I can assure you, you won't be disappointed.

i almost allways use a Thumber with 2 shots, and grenade launcher with 2 shots. i kill sooo many people with grenades!! and many double and triple kill aswell..:uzi:

im also using scrambler and the heartbeat sensor sometimes, and im practicing in shotgun, because the players against me are insane with the shotguns.

also the riot shield for HQ PRO if you can use it right, it can be VERY affective.

btw anyone know what the 'blast shield' in equipment does? it is quite annoying imo

Blast shield lets you take more explosive damage. Not sure how much more as I never use it but I think as long as you aren't already hurt you can survive a claymore or grenade going off right next to you.

Oh and learn to get kills with something other than the n00btube, Spas-12 is a good choice, go and get good with it.

I don't think there are any underrated perks really, maybe cold-blooded. I play team tac a lot and I find that not many people use CB on SnD.

Scavenger maybe as well, especially in SnD, means it can be possible to plant a second claymore.

Underrated weapons - WA2000, not that I use it, but a friend does and it's a beast. Never see anyone else using it.

F2000 - Don't see many people use it, but if used right it's awesome. Burst fire it to reduce the recoil and even at long distances it can kill no problem.

M4A1 - I don't know if it's really underrated or not but I don't see people use it often, or ever actually, I don't even remember the last time I ran into someone using it.

Underrated killstreaks - Counter UAV isn't used much but I don't think it's that effective. I am one of the few people who does shoot down stuff like that as well so it's just pointless if someone uses that while playing me.

Blast shield lets you take more explosive damage. Not sure how much more as I never use it but I think as long as you aren't already hurt you can survive a claymore or grenade going off right next to you.

Oh and learn to get kills with something other than the n00btube, Spas-12 is a good choice, go and get good with it.

I don't think there are any underrated perks really, maybe cold-blooded. I play team tac a lot and I find that not many people use CB on SnD.

Scavenger maybe as well, especially in SnD, means it can be possible to plant a second claymore.

Underrated weapons - WA2000, not that I use it, but a friend does and it's a beast. Never see anyone else using it.

F2000 - Don't see many people use it, but if used right it's awesome. Burst fire it to reduce the recoil and even at long distances it can kill no problem.

M4A1 - I don't know if it's really underrated or not but I don't see people use it often, or ever actually, I don't even remember the last time I ran into someone using it.

Underrated killstreaks - Counter UAV isn't used much but I don't think it's that effective. I am one of the few people who does shoot down stuff like that as well so it's just pointless if someone uses that while playing me.

I tried to do the blast sheild challenge recently thinking it would be easy given the amount of people who nube tube. I gave up after a couple of games because danger close seems to counter it and i survived 0 explosions in 2 games.

Ive gone back to using the M4A1 because I really like the feel/sound of the gun.

I went on a 39 win streak using UAV & counter UAV when I was going for the 1000 UAV challenge, having them up constantly is a real benefit to your team and a proper pain in the arse for the other team.

I tried to do the blast sheild challenge recently thinking it would be easy given the amount of people who nube tube. I gave up after a couple of games because danger close seems to counter it and i survived 0 explosions in 2 games.

Blast Shield is broken with regards to Danger Close, i've been at the very edge and it's done jackall.