Thought/Question of the day

I get that, but even if I use a pistol it takes forever, and I've come across people who can pull out a Spas-12 instantly.

Does the same kind of thing apply to throwing grenades/flashbangs etc. i.e. if you are using a "big" gun (AR/sniper) it will wake longer but if using a UMP it will be quicker?

Pulling out equipment/special grenades does not take any longer no matter what gun you have, but it will take longer to pull your gun out if you have a "big gun". i.e. if you use M9 tac knife and use a throwing knife you will pull out the M9 almost instantaneously, but if you use an RPD and throw a throwing knife it will take longer before you can shoot your RPD.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that, but even if I use a pistol it takes forever, and I've come across people who can pull out a Spas-12 instantly.

Does the same kind of thing apply to throwing grenades/flashbangs etc. i.e. if you are using a "big" gun (AR/sniper) it will wake longer but if using a UMP it will be quicker?

You know how when you're reloading, and you can reload cancel to get an extra few seconds on somebody? Well you can do a similar sort of thing when you pull out some guns. There are some guns [i believe the SPAS-12 is one of them] where when you pull them out, you can double-tap Y to instantly set them to mid-screen where they're meant to be. As you know, some guns have stupid long draw times (First time you draw a Model, for example) but using this double-Y method can allow you to draw your weapons quicker than your opponent and effectively finish them off.

I know you've probably already got methods for dealing with this, but might I suggest if you're drawing a secondary and facing an enemy that you do anything and everything to avoid his/her POV? They have to aim at you to hit you, so jump around, lay down, run back and forth... Sure you look ridiculous, but when you're one kill off winning in TDM or the last guy alive in SnD the enemy ends up being the one looking ridiculous.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...