Tried playing this earlier today, had to put it down

Just have to say I love mgs 1, 2 and 3 but after 10 minutes couldn't get into this. I hated the comic book cut scenes and the way you switch weapons was too weird for me. Should I give this another chance or just pass on it.

This game is what got me hooked onto MG back in 09-10.

To say it sucks, well what were you expecting? It's a port of a portable game. You had too much of an high expectation. To help with the controls, hit up options and make the item change a 3 cycle, that way, you can press RB or LB while also running around to quick change into other things.

The game doesn't suck, you were just expecting too much of it. The online is fun as hell(versus ops)co ops is okay.

I also recommend the 3 cycle weapon/item setting, you can still switch to your other items if need be, but you'll have a quick switch for the things you'd be switching between often.

I'd say, find a friend and do the missions in Co-op. I had a lot of fun that way. I barely ever manage to find online rounds to join (though I usually end up searching at like 4 am), so try to find someone that'll plan to play with you.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Just have to say I love mgs 1, 2 and 3 but after 10 minutes couldn't get into this. I hated the comic book cut scenes and the way you switch weapons was too weird for me. Should I give this another chance or just pass on it.

I'd give it another chance. I went into it straight after playing MGS3, so at first I was shocked at the difference, too.

What many people seem to miss is that Peace Walker was designed from the ground up for the PSP, so of course it's going to be different. Once I got into it, I found it was a very rewarding experience. The Mother Base/Weapons development give it a different feel, and I think the story is great.

Yeah, the comic book cut scenes are a let down after the full cinematic cut scenes of the earlier games but, again, designed for the PSP. The story is quite good, and if you plan on playing the upcoming Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain, I'd say it's essential.

If I have one complaint, it's that once you complete the story mode, there's way too much grinding required to acquire all weapons. At this point I've played Peace Walker more than I've played any other game, I think, and I'm getting tired of playing the missions over and over again just to try and pass the time required to develop weapons, or get S-Ranks on the harder AI weapon & tank battles.

• 5 weeks later...

Definitely say give it a chance, I was tempted to bin it after 10 minutes too but I'm glad I didn't now

Originally I bought the HD collection for MGS 3 but I thought this would be crap so I played it first. Tremendous adult story and RPG-type gameplay, definitely recommended if you want something a bit different.

• 6 months later...

I really loved this game it was just so much fun in co op and online. Doing stealth coop missions in bikinis armed with bananas, trolling friends with the cross map ( literally no distance too far) sawed off shot gun rubber bullets, it knocks people over lol, the ambulance boxes are hilarious as well as the box tanks. There's nothing like taking on a tank with a cardboard box tank dressed in bikinis. The best weapon tho and I consider this the funniest weapon ever is the ultimate coop weapon human sling shot, please youtube people using this weapon haha omg tears of laughter when I used this.