Hard Slog

From what i've seen you can't get this achievement if you use any hand to hand takedown at all, and this DOES include bosses. I got the achievement on the Shipyard Infiltration level. The way I beat the boss is to keep hitting both Y and X at the same time, over and over until you win.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Solomon isn't hard without takedowns if you let him take the offensive.

Just hold block (A) until he has thrown his punch/es and then hit back with one XY combo before blocking again. Rinse and repeat.

He'll be dead, you'll have nearly full health and the hard slog cheevo :)

• 1 month later...

This achievement actually isn't hard at all, if you know what your doing. When I went through this game for myself this achievement gave me a hard time, but I recently got this 1k for a friend and ended up doing Hard Slog and Manual Shooter on the Assassinate Wombosi level, it turned out to be very easy, and I flew thorugh the level no problem.

If you try it on this level, there are 2 boss fights, one with the captain, and the final fight of the mission with solomon. Be sure not to perform any takedowns on these guys! When fighting the captain, the game will eventually perform the takedown for you and you will throw him into a copy machine, this is ok, ut make sure you do not perform any takedowns on you own! Solomon is similar, just keep punching him until his health drains, and you will eventually throw him overboard. Remeber, do not press B AT ALL to do a takedown or a shooting takedown, and you will obtain both Hard Slog and Manual Shooter achievements on this level, very easy. Just refrain from hitting B at all throughout the mission, and it is realy easy... I hope this helped anyone in need of these achievements.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...