Anyone played Biggest Loser or EA Sports Active 2?

PulzationZ

Hey there, if anyone can contrast the differences/similarities between:

Your Shape FE

EA Sports Active 2

Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout

Then that would be greatly appreciated!

Do they both allow weights to be used in game?

Floor exercises?

Fitness tests?

Calorie counters?

Diet plans?

Calenders/goals/challenges?

Recommended exercise plans?

Accuracy?

Please explain in detail all the differences between the two.

Or simply comment what game you prefer most?

Why?

What are your goals?

I was just thinking the same thing, It would be great to know how the other 2 stack up to Your Shape.

Ive only played Your Shape, but I know that:

EA Active comes with a heart rate monitor and a band to do weight excercises with, it also supports floor excercises like push ups. And from reviews seems to be a better game for fitness than Your Shape, as it includes lots of 9-15 week programs catered to different goals.

It is also the most expensive.

Biggest Loser is the worst of the 3 from what ive read, however, it has a great diet planner, meal planner and will be good for fans of the show (Americans) as you get to work out with the hosts. It also has a bad menu navigation system and is the most unresponsive/glitchy of the 3 games.

I enjoy Your Shape, and its many different modes, I love Cardio Boxing and the Mens Health weight sessions, even though while doing arm curls, Your Shape never picks me up right at all, maybe once out of the whole 16 reps.

I own EA Sports Active 2

Compared to this game the price is more steeper due to the band and heart rate monitor. Monitor requires 2x AA Batteries, but there included. The game tells u to wear it on ur left arm facing outwards to avoid damage during play.

I was unsure weather to get it becuase of the poor reviews that was given stating about freezing after workouts etc, but decided to give it a go. I haven't had a single problem what so ever yet. Ive owned it for 3 days.

So far its gone good, i chose the 9 week programme, which includes 5 workout days and 2 rest days (weekends) so ive only had today to try the workout as i got the game saturday. The exercises are great but can feel repitive as it made me do the sprint trail 3 times in 1 workout day. It also can be annoying keep having to get the band to do the exercise as it only prompts u when u need it when it shows the tutorial for that exercise.

When you start it provides you with personal goals to achieve and days to accomplish them. Im guessing later on you can choose your own.

You can however exercise on free days by making your own custom workout. Theres also a journal to refer too everyday which contains surverys to take part in which keeps track on how well your doing.

All in all this game is a must get, and for the price, is a good workout. Biggest loser doesn't seem too good, but i don't own it too review it.

I still haven't purchased any of the titles or kinect yet. $200+ for kinect and a game is a big investment. I have heard a lot of complaining about the controls and not being detected. I want to choose one though.

Out of zumba, biggest loser, ea sports active, and your shape, which is the best?

I've only purchased Your Shape and I'm pretty impressed with it. There are some moves I do and I know I'm doing them right, but it won't pick me up, such as "side lunges" and "leg curls". Other than that it's very responsive and I like how it has "gym games" which still monitors how many calories you burn, but is just a break from the normal fitness routines. I just wish they had floor exercises in this game. To work my abs I have to do a seperate workout alltogether, or I just jump on "loop-a-hoop" because I love this and is probably the only thing that challenges your abs (there is a standing side crunch type move in the cardio section but I can't remember what it's called).

I played the demo of Biggest Loser last night and I found myself getting abit frustrated. I needed more floor space to do these workouts as there are floor exercises and I needed to be side on to the Kinect camera. It was abit annoying that the demo didn't seem to explain anything really about how it tracks your balance. I figured it out in the end, but would've been nice if it has just afew "tips" or something so I knew what each bar and icon on the screen represented. Still, I might buy this as you can get it fairly cheap in the UK.

I would like to try EA Sports Active 2 but I read that Your Shape was better, so I ended up buying that. Maybe when it comes down in price, I might consider getting it.