Better than ME2??

metalzine

Wait, Im also doing a "trilogy" run now and am in the middle of ME2. Answer me this...........how many times while you were playing either ME1 or ME2 did you hit the green "A" button, thinking you could roll out of the way?!

Lol. Am doing my 2nd trilogy run n you are spot on. I found myself double tapping "A" to jump over obstacles....then getting pissed cuz i couldn't. The combat system in ME3 is really good. Dont get me wrong, the popping in n out of cover is ridiculously sensitive but i also had it happen a few times in ME2. I thought some of the decisions u had to make in ME3 was epic. Two of the series biggest storylines (geth/quarians, n the genophage) were settled.

For me, as far as story goes i would rate it ME3>ME1>ME2.

Just started going through ME2 and I have to say...ME2 just seems better. I enjoyed ME3, but ME2 was just awesome.

I'm not trying to make you look like a fool, but you still haven't beat ME1 yet have you? Just last I looked you were slowly making your way through it before you even got ME3. I'm sure if you actually get into you will see it's better than the rest, except for maybe ME3. ME3 one gigantic flaw was the ending. Other than that I thought it was brilliant. I couldn't wait to see what each new mission added to the story.

I'm not trying to make you look like a fool, but you still haven't beat ME1 yet have you? Just last I looked you were slowly making your way through it before you even got ME3. I'm sure if you actually get into you will see it's better than the rest, except for maybe ME3. ME3 one gigantic flaw was the ending. Other than that I thought it was brilliant. I couldn't wait to see what each new mission added to the story.

#1 stop stalking me...it's scary.

#2 It's seems you might be the fool:

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/5d/8a/1ICLiGJhbC9GFQRrXVBRGEU4L2FjaC8wLzIAAAAA5+fn+zXf-g==.jpgMedal of Honor

Complete Mass Effect Playthrough

100 UNLOCKED ON 4/14/2012

LINK

While I did enjoy the story, the combat was clunky and the beginning was WAAAY TOOO SLOOOOW. It was still good though.

...it was basically just a bunch of side-quests that helped establish more of a back-story with specific characters...

Which is what act two of a three part story arc does. What's the problem? It developed the characters we would go on to care about in Mass Effect 3. I was very satisfied with the closure of the squadmates in Mass Effect 3, it was only the very last few minutes of the game that flushed all of our decisions down the drain that I didn't like.

Combat ME3>ME1>ME2

The combat in Mass Effect 3 is more like the combat in Mass Effect 2, so how do you rate the combat in the order that you did? You're saying the combat in Mass Effect 3 is great, the combat in Mass Effect is good, and the combat in Mass Effect 2 is bad? This doesn't make sense to me.

I think the combat has only gotten better with each game. What got worse is the RPG element and after it got worse it was gone completely in Mass Effect 3.

Edited by WalterWhite

#1 stop stalking me...it's scary.

#2 It's seems you might be the fool:

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/5d/8a/1ICLiGJhbC9GFQRrXVBRGEU4L2FjaC8wLzIAAAAA5+fn+zXf-g==.jpgMedal of Honor

Complete Mass Effect Playthrough

100 UNLOCKED ON 4/14/2012

LINK

While I did enjoy the story, the combat was clunky and the beginning was WAAAY TOOO SLOOOOW. It was still good though.

My bad, and why? I wub j00. :<

For me: Me2>Me3>Me1.

- Gameplay mechanics were best in Me3.

- Story in Me3 was more personal than in Me2, but I liked the vibe of Me2 story so they are eqal in terms of story for me.

It is ending that wins Me2 for me. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a hater. I really liked the ending as I was playing through it. But it leaves too much unanswered questions for my taste. Also it is so inconsistent that it hurts :/

So for me Me2>Me3, because I find story and ending more important than mechanics.

I didn't like ME 2s gameplay because it felt like a crappy version of other games. If it was a new franchise I probably wouldn't have continued to play it.

Also didn't care for ME2 story since it was mainly about recruiting even more people as most the games storyline who are barely even in 3. Also I found the whole death and rebuilding of Shepard stupid. The only redeeming qualities for me was Tali and Garrus being in it and the dlc with Liara. I pretty much hated every new character they introduced but Kasumi and I know a lot of people don't like her. I did eventually like Jack in 3 but in 2 I found her annoying.

ME2>ME1>ME3

Mass Effect 2 had a lot of interesting characters and took the series in an interesting direction with Cerberus. It didn't have a huge overarching plot, but the character development is awesome. Suicide mission was awesome. Loved how all the decisions played out in the survival of my squad.

Mass Effect 1 introduced a fantastic universe and gave us the Reapers, who were terrifying by being so alien. I liked the variety in choices. Losing or saving Wrex, and choosing between Ashley and Kaidan felt significant.

Mass Effect 3 had some great character moments, but the ending just kills it for me. Too many plot holes, no reason to play again if all my efforts do is change a color palette. Would've liked to see a suicide mission-esque setup with the various races.

While each of the three have their own merits & flaws... i'd say that ME2 is the definitive game of the series for me. In that'll be the one that I remember with fondest memories. I mean, how awesome was the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC? lol :D

ME2 was shit I hate that game I hate it for many reasons some these reasons have been stated already. Every XBL talk I had about the ME series. ME2 has never been the weakest one in the series for them. This site is the first time I seen ME2 get rated as the weakest. By certain people of course. Although I think I'm the only person that hates ME2 so much. I mean really hate that game i can stand it. so my list is

ME1-ME3-ME2

The combat in Mass Effect 3 is more like the combat in Mass Effect 2, so how do you rate the combat in the order that you did? You're saying the combat in Mass Effect 3 is great, the combat in Mass Effect is good, and the combat in Mass Effect 2 is bad? This doesn't make sense to me.

I think the combat has only gotten better with each game. What got worse is the RPG element and after it got worse it was gone completely in Mass Effect 3.

I can not speak for that person but I agree with the list as far as combat goes. I also agree with you shooting mechanics have gotten better. I say despite really hating ME2 cause its fact. Shooting really has gotten better, but shooting alone is not what makes combat. Its because of the ignorant allies you have to be with as to why ME2 combat sucks and the abilities how they balanced them made combat worse. I'll go ahead and elaborate on what I mean.

ME2 AI on insanity the moment your allies encounter an enemy die. The AI stands out in the open dies. Takes cover on lower ground. While enemy got height advantage the enemy shoots them while their in cover. AI stays in cover cause its programmed to recognize cover as safe when its really not and dies. Shoots while behind cover when its low on health dies. Has health advantage pops off one shot goes back into cover. Uses the wrong abilities on the wrong enemies. The list goes on really and whats funny and sad is I came across these little problems in one insanity playthrough.

Sure these problems are minor but they add up to something big and got me killed a lot as a result. Now its not like this is a problem at first cause I tell myself pfft its not like this is the first I encountered dumb AI in game. As I mentioned before the abilies became more balanced, but the result of that is not good. Cause that means the abilities got nerfed from 1. Since your allies die right away you cant use their already average abilities. So what do you got left then? Your allies die instantly abilities are sub par you got your gun. Oh wait there's ammo capacity you can pick off a couple with your average abilitiesmaybe . Then pick off a couple more with your gun then die cause you have no ammo.

This game worst of all promotes team work but combine all the terrible things about combat and the game it just snowballs when your ally dies. Actually let me rephrase that it snowboulders when your allies die. Put all that together you got a terrible combat system. You could argue why dont you turn off auto abilities and tell them where to go to remedy all this. Yeah I rather not the moment I got to micro manage everything every second. It just feels like a sloppier version of a turn based RPG.

I don't play free time RPG's just to turn it into a poor mans turn based RPG and vica versa. To shorten this already long winded rant these problems I did not have them in ME1 or 3. If my allies died in stupid way when the time would come I could solo it ME2 I could not. Skill is not the issue here by the way. I wish I had hard games on my gamercard to prove otherwise, but I don't. So your just gonna have to take my word that I don't lack skill.