Black Widow

IC3 L3G3ND

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Black Widow is good but the Widow X is better. I'm sure on bronze or silver the BW is awesome but bring it on gold and all 3 shots in the head of a rocket trooper and he's still alive. The BW at level X would be a different story but that's an impossibility with the random unlock system. The Widow X can kill a prime in 3 shots on Gold difficulty. 2 shots on Silver. The BW runs out of ammo quicker because it takes more shots to kill each enemy.

I'm glad I unlocked the BW as it's really great for bronze and silver, but for gold nothing compares to a fully leveled ordinary widow.

arrg i am so sick of the Mantis X

you know how many people i've seen like N7 - 25, and they unlock the widow that quick.. im just dumbfounded at how many times went on a spending spree of like 200k credits and got nothing (im at like N7300 or something). at this rate, i will be able to just fucking buy it inside a recruit pack. because it will be THE LAST DAMN THING TO UNLOCK. grrrrrr

bright side, i liked that N7 hurricane much more than i thought i would. its a recoil machine, but the rate of fire just destroys shields + barriers.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm up to the BW 3 so far, & I think lvl 5 on the M98. I have the Saber & several other weapons that're considered to be "top end"

To be honest, both Widows are pretty poor in comparison to some other lower ranked weapons... I think ppl like the idea of having one more than anything else.

I used to use the Carnifax 2 until I got lucky with some packs. So I currently use the Carnifax 5 with a lvl 5 barrel & lvl 5 scope. Use it with the Salarian Engineer, with a rail amp, ammo perk (enemy dependent) & armour perk of your choice, & you'll regularly out score snipers... even if they have the all hallowed Widow. That's on gold as well... In fact, the only weapon that I find comparable, is the Geth shotty with a choke & barrel :)

I'm up to the BW 3 so far, & I think lvl 5 on the M98. I have the Saber & several other weapons that're considered to be "top end"

To be honest, both Widows are pretty poor in comparison to some other lower ranked weapons... I think ppl like the idea of having one more than anything else.

I used to use the Carnifax 2 until I got lucky with some packs. So I currently use the Carnifax 5 with a lvl 5 barrel & lvl 5 scope. Use it with the Salarian Engineer, with a rail amp, ammo perk (enemy dependent) & armour perk of your choice, & you'll regularly out score snipers... even if they have the all hallowed Widow. That's on gold as well... In fact, the only weapon that I find comparable, is the Geth shotty with a choke & barrel :)

the GPS has very little effect with the choke since it will home in on the target. You will be better off putting either increased spare ammo or shredder.

I got a big F' you from the Resurgence Packs so far this week. Had to end up buying M$P before they finally gave me an Asari Justicar. After that I started doing just straight Spectre. Got BW II and BW III within 5 SPs.

I got one last night in an ordinary Spectre pack, played two matches with it and err, don't like it...

I only need the Krogan Vanguard now (not that I'll ever use it).

Anyway, wouldn't mind getting the BW, have the regular Widow I which is nice. I'm sure with a couple of mods the BW can be equally devastating.

the GPS has very little effect with the choke since it will home in on the target. You will be better off putting either increased spare ammo or shredder.

i never really noticed much difference using the shredder with the Geth shotgun, was starting to wonder if it even gained any armor bonus considering the nature of the gun

i've yet to find another sniper comparrible to either, the damage they can put out even at the lower gun levels along with the natural piercing abilities and the 3 round clip of the BW make them very useful IMO

i've yet to find another sniper comparrible to either, the damage they can put out even at the lower gun levels along with the natural piercing abilities and the 3 round clip of the BW make them very useful IMO

That's fair enough... But I still find the PtWr of a good pistol will out perform a Widow in almost every instance :)

That's fair enough... But I still find the PtWr of a good pistol will out perform a Widow in almost every instance :)

Against infantry the heavy pistols such as the Canifex and Paladin will outshine a Widow since most of the damage from the Widow is lost due to overkill or shield gating. When fighting Heavies thought you will find high powered weapons such as the Snipers/Shotguns will be much more effective.

Ive never read such garbage till now.

Four out of the six ultra-rare weapons have been the stupid shotgun. Life sucks.

I'd like to try the Javelin with the geth weapon damage bonus, still though it's probalby not worth having to charge it.

Is there a consensus on whether the Valiant or Blackwidow is the best semi-auto sniper? I don't have either

I have an N7 score well over 500, not sure what it is since I havent played in a few weeks, and I have spent well over 25 million credits and I still have not gotten a black widow or a javelin.

Got my first black widow yesterday with my N7 rank reaching 1000. Though i got 3 javelins before that. But i don't use sniper rifles, so i don't care. :)