What Parody's have you found

JunkieGamer

I found so far. I'm still near the beginning of the game.

1.duck hunt

2.Mario's brother 2

3.back to the future

4.super meat boy

5.bionic commando

6.ikira warriors

7.minecraft

8.halo

9. epic meal time

10.TMNT

11.super Mario brothers 3

12.mega man

13.crazy taxi

14. legend of zelda

15.paper boy

16.gta

17. starbucks

18 acclaim games

19.halo

20.pit fall

Not sure which mega man you referring to in the game. There is a mega man 3 main menu (intro to main menu) from the bottom of skycraper to top of the skycraper where mega man stood on the top in NES version.

There was a cutscene in RCR that involved with the tall skycraper as they moved from bottom to top skycraper in motion.

Note: I played a demo of RCR.

There are so many, it seems there is one in every scene. I did laugh at the cartridge cleaning kit mission and a few other nods to the NES days of blowing on games to get them to work. This game is chock full of great stuff like that and it constantly brings a smile to my face :)

edit: nearly forgot the video options for changing the borders, scanlines and graphics, try playing with the monotone gameboy style graphics for more than a few minutes.

Edited by gazmaster1

im almost positive the sweat bomb mission was something to do with battletoads

No, the whole segment was a reference to Splosion man and Ms Splosion man. If there was some kind of Battletoads reference layered into it (which would absolutely not surprise me), I missed it.

There's a lot of references here, some are subtle, some are not so subtle. Essentially everything shown on the screen is a reference, and some things are two references layered together. For example, the Oeki Doki Picnic Zone (Doki Doki Panic! was a japanese game that was reskinned and released in the US as Super Mario Brothers 2) contains graphics from Mario games and Sonic games. You'll also find both Sonic and Mario running around in there (in the form of pedestrians with a sonic-spikes haircut and a mario hat respectively).

Some of the funnier ones that I haven't seen anyone mentioning anywhere are:

* Duke Nukem Forever (billboard with a Duke-like face on it with the text "Did Not Finish?" and a phone number for a GED service, in the DNF font)

* Gerald from Hey Arnold! walking around

* One of the underwater levels is lifted straight from the NES TMNT game.

* The sound made when you die is the same one from when you die in the Megaman games.

No, the whole segment was a reference to Splosion man and Ms Splosion man. If there was some kind of Battletoads reference layered into it (which would absolutely not surprise me), I missed it.

There's a lot of references here, some are subtle, some are not so subtle. Essentially everything shown on the screen is a reference, and some things are two references layered together. For example, the Oeki Doki Picnic Zone (Doki Doki Panic! was a japanese game that was reskinned and released in the US as Super Mario Brothers 2) contains graphics from Mario games and Sonic games. You'll also find both Sonic and Mario running around in there (in the form of pedestrians with a sonic-spikes haircut and a mario hat respectively).

Some of the funnier ones that I haven't seen anyone mentioning anywhere are:

* Duke Nukem Forever (billboard with a Duke-like face on it with the text "Did Not Finish?" and a phone number for a GED service, in the DNF font)

* Gerald from Hey Arnold! walking around

* One of the underwater levels is lifted straight from the NES TMNT game.

* The sound made when you die is the same one from when you die in the Megaman games.

oh, ok i never played those games.. just reminded me of battle toads.

'Nolan's Arcade' is likely a tip of the hat to video game pioneer Nolan Bushnell. If you don't know who he is, well you should as you probably would not be playing Xbox if it wasn't for him! Check out the link below for a quick video game history lesson, then bow your head reverently and say "Thank you Mr. Bushnell."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolan_Bushnell

Frogger

Skate Or Die!

Ninja Gaiden

Dr. Mario

Wii Sports

Batman (obviously, but since no one has mentioned it yet...)

Knight Rider and possibly Dukes Of Hazzard

Scooby Doo

Married With Children

Fabio

Lucasfilm ('Mucus-Flem')

Subway

Die Hard (the movie, not the Sears car battery)

Ghostbusters

Vanilla Ice, Ice T and Ice Cube

TGI Friday's

'Big Money!' achievement is possibly a nod to the game show 'Press Your Luck' ("No Whammies!")

...and on and on and on, the puns and parodies are becoming too frequent to keep up with! I'm catching way more TV and movie references over video games... ahhh, the '80's

Also, the '$Deadbeef Metal' radio station totally rocks :rock

Fun game. If you don't have it yet, get it.

Edited by TheSaferHouse

'

'Big Money!' achievement is possibly a nod to the game show 'Press Your Luck' ("No Whammies!")

Its actually a reference to Smash Tv. Which there are many references to that game.

Another game I have not seen posted anywhere that was heavily referenced in the mission where you gotta rescue the hostage and fight the bionic commando/robo cop guy is Guerilla War. Loved that game.

other references I have seen.

Vanilla Ice

Thunder Cats

Super mario bros. 1, 2, 3 and RPG

The original Teenage mutant ninja turtles NES game which you actually play in two areas from that game.

The A-team

the ramones

Jim Morrison

Rick james

He-Man

Motley crew

Fabio

Don King

Wizard of oz

Ninja Gaiden

tenacious D

the Dark knight