Skulls: Locations, Discussion and Help Thread

The Pants Party

iron has the added effect of making you restart the level from the beginning and not the checkpoint

EDIT: i found the thunderstorm skull its on the mission with the 3 towers. after you shut down tower 1 and get access to the hornet fly to tower 2 (the one the arbiter shut down) while walking up the stairs go to the middle part that connects both there should be a stair leading up to a platform up there is the skull

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iron has the added effect of making you restart the level from the beginning and not the checkpoint

EDIT: i found the thunderstorm skull its on the mission with the 3 towers. after you shut down tower 1 and get access to the hornet fly to tower 2 (the one the arbiter shut down) while walking up the stairs go to the middle part that connects both there should be a stair leading up to a platform up there is the skull

i can confirm this just got it for myself

Yep, just got Thunderstorm. It says, "Field promotions for everyone!"

It's on the Covenant mission.

The skulls appear to be in level order.

The way things are going it looks like:

Catch will be on "The Storm"

Fog will be on "Floodgate"

Famine will be on "The Ark"

Tilt will be on "Cortana"

Im trying to guess what these skull are gonna do... heres my guesses.

Fog, Makes your hud hard to see through

Famine, Ummmmmmm maybe all enemies start on there damaged versions xD or maybe theres no health pickups. (the regenerator)

Tilt, Hell maybe your screen is tilted 90 degrees xD

Also yeah that feild promotion skull is kinda lame, It makes all the enemys look the same and thats no fun.

Well ive searched through the one after tvaso like 4 times and came up empty :"(

And the one after that i searched like 2 times and nothing.

When halo 3 comes out officially i will have bought my wireless dongle 360 thingy *ISNT THAT COMPLETLY BLOODY STUPID A WIRELESS GAMING DEVICE HAS NO WIRELESS NETWORKING BUILT IN WTF!!!!*

And will be open to 4-16 player Map scourings :D Searchy searchy searchy :D

Im sure with the amount of people looking for skulls we will have them all in no time at all.

So is anyone up for joining me.

Okay I found another skull add this one to the extra skull list.

Name: Grunt Birthday Party

Effect: When you kill a grunt it explodes into confetti and children yell "yay!" - sounds like the sound clip from Viva Pinata when a pinata is destroyed.

Difficulty: Normal - Legendary

Level: Crow's Nest

Location: Advance through the level until you enter the part of the level where you have to help the marines in the barracks. The first area is the door after armming the bomb where you walk back up to the top of the stairs where the shotty is. You will go through 2 doors before being contronted by umpteen brutes including one with a gravity hammer. Destroy all of these brutes and procede through the door at the top of the walkway. Drop down the hole at the end of the corridoor where you will come to a tunnel filled with ducts that drones fly out of. Kill all drones and proceed to the end of the tunnel. Instead of falling dirrectly to the platform below walk to the edge of the tunnel slowly and you will notice a green arrow on a ledge below you, slowly walk backwards over the ledge until you fall. Once you begin falling immediately press forward in order to land on the platform, walk to the back of the new tunnel where you will find the skull. Claim your prize.

Confirmed.

Better description would be.

Play through the level normally, The second time cortana interupts you saying *You Have been called upon to serve* you are in the right place, So walk to the end of this path but dont jump off the end, Instead look down and you can see a green arrow, try land on that ledge then turn around to see the skull.

Hint If you save the Grav Lift from before if you miss your landing you can deploy it at the bottom to jump up :)

This might be a better option for those who dont have very good co-ordination.

Lucky me, I got an Argos UK 'oops we mixed up our Wednesdays' copy

I have taken pics of the following skull locations

Iron:

Black Eye:

Tough Luck:

Blind: (non achievement)

Each photo was taken from long, medium & close-up range for easy locating

More will be taken over the weekend (hopefully)

All pics will be posted on Wed 26 Sep to give you all a fair start

happy hunting

I saw these on bungie.net

Skull: Fog

Effect: You do not have a motion sensor.

proof is here: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsCampaignHalo3.aspx?gameid=11074&player=TJ%20Scoot

Skull: Cowbell

Description: Acceleration scale from explosions is increased.

proof: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsCampaignHalo3.aspx?gameid=12389&player=TJ%20Scoot

Skull: Catch

Description: Enemies are grenade happy.

Proof: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsCampaignHalo3.aspx?gameid=24143&player=TJ%20Scoot

I know theres a video there but im gonna post descriptions for text as well.

The storm: When you get to the first ghosts grab one open the door and straight ahead you will see a Circle shaped structure on the top of that is the skull, I got my brother to go on multiplayer and boost me up to it.

The Ark:

Play through the level as normal and once you pass the exploded phantom hang a right after the drop, drive over to the rocky wall infront of the third pillar, Jump up the rock face and jump onto the stucture using the right side, Walk to last pillar (closest to where you enterd the area, and look at it you should see the skull, To get it you might need help from another player, stand on there head chuck a normal grenade right down and then jump towards the skull, You will probably miss this jump about 5 times but you will eventually get it.

Cortana:

Hard to explain where the place is let alone how to get up, i recomend watching the video.

For the catch skull on storm you have to make sure you dont destroy both of the wraiths. First few times i tried to get the skull i killed everything in the area then jump up onto the structure and it wasnt there. Gutted, so on my next attempt i used my scope to see if it was there and it was but again i killed both the wraiths and it dissapeared. so the next time i only killed one wraith and jump on the structure and got it. Pan in the ass!

Yeah i found a few awsome spots to hide it but came up empty i have no idea where it could be.

Try playing on Heroic instead of Hormal. When I searched for Catch skull on the Storm while playing on Normal, it wasn't on the place where it should be, but on Heroic i found it easily.