PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim > Dawnguard
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
ghost10221987

ghost10221987's Gamercard
How do you get the Dawnguard to stop attacking you? (possible minor spoiilers)

I looked through the entire forum and couldn't find an answer, so maybe someone can help.

I've finished the entire main quest and cured my vampirism, but I still get randomly attacked by 2 or 3 Dawnguard scouts. Is there anyway I can stop this, or am I basically screwed since I initially sided with Harkon?

Basically, is there anybody I need to talk to, or side quest I missed to convince the Dawnguard that I am no longer a threat?
W8 100%: 9
iOS 100%: 1
Web Games 100%: 1

Overall Completion %: Points: 78%
Overall Completion %: Achievements: 81%
ghost10221987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
ShaggyB

ShaggyB's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost10221987 View Post
I looked through the entire forum and couldn't find an answer, so maybe someone can help.

I've finished the entire main quest and cured my vampirism, but I still get randomly attacked by 2 or 3 Dawnguard scouts. Is there anyway I can stop this, or am I basically screwed since I initially sided with Harkon?

Basically, is there anybody I need to talk to, or side quest I missed to convince the Dawnguard that I am no longer a threat?
You cant. (to my knowledge).... Though Im surprised curing the vampirism doesnt fix it for you. Lol just go wolf and slaughter them.
ShaggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
SilverSluggerMZ

SilverSluggerMZ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost10221987 View Post

Go Hambone on him and he will be DEMOLISHED!!

100% All Call of Duties.

Completed Retail: 36
Completed Arcade: 7
SilverSluggerMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I thought that if you were a vampire and got cured, you were immune from attacks. Get Aela to turn you back into a werewolf. Maybe that'll stop it.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
nicidee

DaisyDukeDee78's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
I thought that if you were a vampire and got cured, you were immune from attacks. Get Aela to turn you back into a werewolf. Maybe that'll stop it.
Unfortunately this doesn't work either... My bf sided with the Vampires during the Dawnguard quest then went to Aela to be cured/transformed afterwards. He is a wolf now and he is constantly being attacked by Vampires AND Dawnguard!
nicidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
ShaggyB

ShaggyB's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicidee View Post
Unfortunately this doesn't work either... My bf sided with the Vampires during the Dawnguard quest then went to Aela to be cured/transformed afterwards. He is a wolf now and he is constantly being attacked by Vampires AND Dawnguard!
vampires too?
Old 09-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
nicidee

DaisyDukeDee78's Gamercard
Yeah...I don't know, maybe the Vampires are mad bc he turned into a Werewolf lol?

I actually don't know about that part - that's just what he told me but I haven't actually seen him get attacked by any Vampires. But the Dawnguard hunts him like mad - that I actually have seen on numerous occasions.
nicidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
ShaggyB

ShaggyB's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicidee View Post
Yeah...I don't know, maybe the Vampires are mad bc he turned into a Werewolf lol?

I actually don't know about that part - that's just what he told me but I haven't actually seen him get attacked by any Vampires. But the Dawnguard hunts him like mad - that I actually have seen on numerous occasions.
That part I believe fully. They seem to never stop as you sided against them. (Though I am surprised curing ones self or going wolf doesnt stop them. Do they still yell vampire at you... lol)

Vamps are only suppose to attack if you side with the dawnguard. Not sure if they continue to attack post end of the quest or not.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #9
A ZombieTwinkie

A ZombieTwinkie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
That part I believe fully. They seem to never stop as you sided against them. (Though I am surprised curing ones self or going wolf doesnt stop them. Do they still yell vampire at you... lol)

Vamps are only suppose to attack if you side with the dawnguard. Not sure if they continue to attack post end of the quest or not.
I was wondering this too, but I haven't figured anything out. I turned into a Vampire. Finished the quest, turned back by letting Aela 'cure' me and now I'm getting attacked by both Dawnguard and Vampires as well. Isn't too much of a bother, at least not right now, because they usually attack when I'm running around, or at night in a city (mostly just Dawnguard) when there are only guards patrolling the city. Haven't lost any 'important' NPC's yet.

*Props to G A C K T for the awesome sig*

A ZombieTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #10
shamhan

Speak to Garan Marethi or Fura Bloodmouth in Volkihar Keep. You will be asked to kill the leaders of the Dawnguard to "avoid an all-out war".
shamhan is offline   Reply With Quote