once and for all, you do NOT need Iron Man to get 1000/1000.

ssmaster69er

I keep seeing conflicting reports all over the faqs and boards. Look at my gamercard. I just got 1000/1000 1 minute ago. I NEVER played Iron Man. I looked at every available concept art for at least 2 seconds and on the last one the achievement popped.

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?GamerTag=ssmaster69er

***edited to add this is a gamefly copy so it does not have the red hulk as a bonus character. This is on a launch console too. I also got the last 8 enclave missions and achievements after finishing the main missions. And I got the Kill every type of enemy at least once after smashing my first humvee after killing the last enclave boss (which was technically the last unique enemy I needed for the achievement.)

Edited by ssmaster69er

Well, it didn't work for me and about 5 others, but I can confirm it does work for many.

I think it's a Gamestop special edition thing. just how some games can get enclave assault groups after "para-gone" and others count. Still working on a correlation, but no ones reporting disc version, system stats, and xbox makes to nail down the anomaly. I believe we (non-working) are the minority, while you guys are pretty much safe.

Well, it didn't work for me and about 5 others, but I can confirm it does work for many.

I think it's a Gamestop special edition thing. just how some games can get enclave assault groups after "para-gone" and others count. Still working on a correlation, but no ones reporting disc version, system stats, and xbox makes to nail down the anomaly. I believe we (non-working) are the minority, while you guys are pretty much safe.

I'm wondering for you guys, did the achievement pop at the same time you saw the missing (iron man required) artwork or did you go through all of them again and it popped at the bottom of the list???

I have a gamefly copy and it didn't unlock for me. It could be a glitch though. I finished the game and didn't get the Veni, Vidi, Vici achievement until I restarted the game and killed a few soldiers. I suppose I'll just have to accept 985/1000 on this one. If you can get the Ironman save game and unlock it without playing Hulk again I may do it.

• 1 month later...

I confirm that you DON't NEED the iron man save for the patron of the arts....i just got my achievement after i gained all upgrades + after finishing the game....and maybe those of you that didn't get the achievement maybe it'S because you didn't checked each one of them a full,2,5 seconds....or maybe it'S just that freakin' game who has too much glitches.....

• 3 weeks later...

I, too, got Patron Of The Arts w/o an Iron Man save. Finished the game, unlocked all other 49 achievements, gained all upgrades, then exited to menu and checked all the concept arts from first to last, skipping the three locked "Iron Man" pics, and it popped as I was looking at "X-Ray Attacks".

• 2 months later...

As long as you download the update from Xbox Live, the achievement will unlock without Iron-Man.

There was a bug on the original retail release that means Patron of the Arts wouldn't unlock unless you had Iron Man on your profile.

The easy way to check if it will unlock for you is to see if you have the Multiplayer option in the front-end. If you do, you are golden and no Iron Man is needed. If you don't, connect to Xbox Live and download the update ... or rent Iron Man.

• 2 weeks later...
I can confirm this Achievement does unlock without an Iron Man save. I've just viewed all the concept art and Patron Of The Arts unlocked when I viewed X-Ray Attacks.

Ditto.

Just took a look at all the concept art and got it. Was missing "Iron Man's Hulkbuster Armor - Concept" and "Hulk vs. Iron Man." Also "Capture the Flag" but I assume that one doesn't count and was added after the multiplayer update. Anyway, yeah, I've never played the Iron Man game and got the 1,000 points.. so yay!

I was actually enjoying looking through the concept art. Some of those were really sweet. If anyone ever finds some high-res images of them, please message me.

• 1 month later...

i just got the full 1000 on this game without the iron man save. To those of you who are having trouble, make sure you select each image to make it go into full screen. I didn't realize this at first but when i put each image into full screen it unlocked

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...