Vectorman 1 - Very helpfull cheat!

Aint sure if this has been posted but after doing a little searching i found this and made collecting the photons a breeze.

Start by entering the options menu and using this code: A, B, B, A, Down, A, B, B, A (You'll need to have the controls on ABC Mode). You'll now be in a menu. Turn your lives to 99, your health to 10, and leave the starting stage as level 1. And that's about all the help you're going to get. You'll now need to actually play the game until you collect enough. If you die your collected photons remain the same, so don't worry about any mishaps.

(If you have trouble with the ABC mode, try X,A,A,X,,Down,X,A,A,X)

To go into ABC mode press back>go to controls

Hope this helps.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i found this achievement to be a big pain in the harris!! i had trouble with the cheat codes and trouble with the bosses. so here's another option on how to get the cheevo

1) GO TO OPTIONS MENU AND SET DIFFICULTY TO LAME

2) START GAME

3) RUN RIGHT AND KILL 2 GREEN BADIES

4) RUN TO END OF PLATFORM AND KILL FLYING BADIES

5) DROP OF PLATFORM WHILE HOLDING RIGHT SO YOU LAND AT THE LONG PLATFORM WHICH STOPS YOU RUNNING RIGHT BECAUSE OF A SMALL WHITE WALL AND ALSO HAS 1 OF THOSE TV THINGS ABOVE IT, TO THE LEFT OF THIS IS 4 FLYING BADIES WHICH WILL RESPAWN AS YOU PAST THEM LEFT AND RIGHT.THERE ARE 2 GREEN BADDIES TO THE LEFT WHICH YOU CAN KILL IF YOU WANT AND THERE ARE A FEW OTHER WHITE FLASHING THINGS ABOUT WHICH YOU CAN COLLECT BUT I JUST KEPT KILLING THE FLYING THINGS UNTIL I RAN OUT OF TIME , DIED, THEN JUST WENT BACK TO SAME PLACE AND KILLED THE RESPAWNING FLYING THINGS UNTIL IT POPPED.

hope this helps you peeps.

The boss on the 1st level is a pain so this is what I did -

On the 1st level at some point (can't remember exactly where but it's on a flat platform at the bottom) you'll see 4 dragon flies that fly around in a circle. To the left of these there are 2 lots of flags. Kill the flies collect the protons and walk left underneath the 2nd flag you see and then back to where the flies were. They will have respawned so you can keep rinsing and repeating.

The best thing about this is that they don't always release protons. Sometimes they give you these little balls. Collect these and you'll get an extra life after abit so the clock counting down and you dying doesn't matter. Also you'll respawn just to the right of the flies.

Very easy method, takes 15-20 mins.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting up this cheat code it made the achievement very easy to get. Just to clarify on how the code works. You need to set your controller to "ABC" mode as said by the OP and go to the options menu. Don't press though "B" on your controller though. Follow the code the OP posted at the bottom:

"(If you have trouble with the ABC mode, try X,A,A,X,,Down,X,A,A,X)"

I was confused until I realized I was pressing "B" when I shouldn't have been. Then you will be taken to a Debug menu from there if you successfully inputted the code.

• 5 weeks later...

Yep should definitly be in the ach guide I dont know how it isnt, thanks for that top tip I was wondering about losing photons if you die, but you do obviously keep the 1s youve collected.

Nice 1 Bigrich, I should of asked you myself since your on my friends list lmao, top tip you could of told me when you see me playing it lol.:eek:

Edited by SWAGGART

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Aint sure if this has been posted but after doing a little searching i found this and made collecting the photons a breeze.

Start by entering the options menu and using this code: A, B, B, A, Down, A, B, B, A (You'll need to have the controls on ABC Mode). You'll now be in a menu. Turn your lives to 99, your health to 10, and leave the starting stage as level 1. And that's about all the help you're going to get. You'll now need to actually play the game until you collect enough. If you die your collected photons remain the same, so don't worry about any mishaps.

(If you have trouble with the ABC mode, try X,A,A,X,,Down,X,A,A,X)

To go into ABC mode press back>go to controls

Hope this helps.

Thanks very much Shermo1984.. That code worked fine and the first time.. And made the game alot more enjoyable I ended up playin on after getting the achievement, this should be added to the guide asap.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Cheers for the code, saved a lot of hassle trying to beat the first boss with so few lives!

By the way, if anyone wants to actually go through the game but can't beat the first boss, i believe the way you are supposed to beat it is to just keep jumping over the wrecking balls when they are coming towards you and when it starts its bombing towards you, just jump over the plane (using the double jump) in the opposite direction. Your only going to be able to touch it for a short time before and after the bombing so you've really just got to be patient.

Hope this helps =]

• 2 weeks later...

For me, I didn't need the cheat. I actually enjoyed the game when I was younger. All those days of playing this game nonstop, learning the levels and whatnot really helped out alot. Not to flame or anything. But congrats to everyone for obtaining this achievement.

• 2 months later...
i found this achievement to be a big pain in the harris!! i had trouble with the cheat codes and trouble with the bosses. so here's another option on how to get the cheevo

2) START GAME

5) DROP OF PLATFORM WHILE HOLDING RIGHT SO YOU LAND AT THE LONG PLATFORM WHICH STOPS YOU RUNNING RIGHT BECAUSE OF A SMALL WHITE WALL AND ALSO HAS 1 OF THOSE TV THINGS ABOVE IT, TO THE LEFT OF THIS IS 4 FLYING BADIES WHICH WILL RESPAWN AS YOU PAST THEM LEFT AND RIGHT.THERE ARE 2 GREEN BADDIES TO THE LEFT WHICH YOU CAN KILL IF YOU WANT AND THERE ARE A FEW OTHER WHITE FLASHING THINGS ABOUT WHICH YOU CAN COLLECT BUT I JUST KEPT KILLING THE FLYING THINGS UNTIL I RAN OUT OF TIME , DIED, THEN JUST WENT BACK TO SAME PLACE AND KILLED THE RESPAWNING FLYING THINGS UNTIL IT POPPED.

Gah, thank you so much. I was gonna die if I couldn't get this on the first level somehow!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

2) START GAME

Hey thanks for this, it was a big help as I couldn't get the f***ing code to work. I hate Vectorman with a passion and your method meant I didn't have to work through the whole miserable game. :woop: