Deus Ex: Human Revolution 'Augmented Edition' and pre-order packs revealed

QuiCkz AleX

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/11/deusex1130-1291141236.jpg

Square Enix has announced pre-order bonuses and an "Augmented Edition" for Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The Augmented Edition is "augmented" with a 40-page artbook; a bonus DVD with trailers, trailer storyboards, a making-of featurette, and the soundtrack; a motion comic; and, of course, a fancy box to hold it all. It will be released at a $69.99 price point for Xbox 360 and PS3, and $59.99 for PC.

The two pre-order bonus packs each contain a selection of new in-game weapons, all with impressive-sounding names. The GameStop-exclusive "Explosive Mission Pack" comes with a mission featuring "a special cameo appearance of original Deus Ex character," along with the Linebacker G-87 Grenade Launcher and the M-28 Utility Remote-Detonated Explosive Device (yes, "UR-DED"), while the "Tactical Enhancement Pack" offered at unspecified "participating retailers" includes the Longsword Whisperhead Suppressed Extreme Range Sniper Rifle and the Huntsman Silverback Double-Barrel Shotgun. Both include "extra credits for augmentations and upgrades."

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (box art)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ABLnDpcseU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Preorder Pack 1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL60HJWaqaM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Preorder Pack 2[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice post and info! Hopefully it keeps the $69.99 price tag for Augmented as I'd actually be inclined to pick that up (I never bother with overpriced collector's edition for books that I might look through once and put on the shelf) over the standard then.

Deus Ex was one of my all time favorite games and this looks like it could be just as engrossing if all the little choices you make actually effect game play further on like the previews suggested.

I'm really not a fan of different preorder packages.It's just a trick from game devellopers to make more money with their product.That is just weird if a game has 5 different versions rather than include all the content on one disc.

But I'm shure Deus Ex will be one of the best titels this year...

How the hell are they tricking anyone into paying more? The game will be the same price regardless of if they give you bonuses or not, and most likely a pre-order will get you the game cheaper (I pre-ordered Portal 2 and MK and will be getting $30 back for that) than if you went out day 1 and bought it off a shelf? Pre-order bonuses vary from company to company to not only 1) secure more sales with pre-orders and 2) give gamers a choice in which package they would prefer. Sure it could be all on the disc and no company give out any exclusives, but you might as well get used to it since that's how every game is going to be.

Personally I don't care about the exclusives as they are always usually very minor and I will still choose Amazon if they offer the best deal over another company regardless of what exclusive I get. I'm still just totally lost how we're being tricked into giving them more money though lol, I'm not sure you understand how business and competition works so I won't think too far into it. ;)

• 4 months later...