If anyone needs help msg me

I have all 1000G for this game, only took one main run through and 3 speed runs according to my stopwatch about 9 hours breaks showers etc. If you need anything message me on this board and ill reply asap.

Congratz. Alrighty I need help with my/this last cheevo:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2422/UPtpwOg=.jpg Every Man, Woman and Child 30 :gsicon:

Choose to Travel at Least Once with Every Optional Survivor

Mainly missing the RANDOM ONES ON THE ROAD. So my question. Do you switch between Back Road/Streets/Highways or do you only use one specific to encounter one of them!?

Congratz. Alrighty I need help with my/this last cheevo:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2422/UPtpwOg=.jpg Every Man, Woman and Child 30 :gsicon:

Choose to Travel at Least Once with Every Optional Survivor

Mainly missing the RANDOM ONES ON THE ROAD. So my question. Do you switch between Back Road/Streets/Highways or do you only use one specific to encounter one of them!?

Well you are trying to force encounters and the single best way to force encounters that could result in the creation of a survivor event is to use the backroads.

I stuck with backroads through all of my dud-playthroughs and had great success drawing in the survivors.

I strickly went highway every single playthrough and foun everyone, who are you missing? randoms are

holly, sarah, ahmad, sheryy, gloaria

Fuck sake I knew it. Well...frankly...all of them haha. I'm on my 2nd run (close to the stadium) and went only backroads and NOT A SINGLE RANDOM SURVIVOR. Checked every building and room.

Gonna try the highway route now! What about STREETS!? Or does the survivors that you have in your car at that moment has any affect on this!? Anybody!?

Shoot maybe the method plays no role in how to attract a survivor event. That would explain things which means;

-Survivors are found between their 2 main mission points.

-It doesn't matter what you are driving, who you are driving with, or what style travel you are taking.

If he got them all highway and I got them all backroad then that must nullify all 3 categories leaving the only determining factor at location.

I dont believe in location. I found a survivor traveling from mission one to the first city.

Then i found another survivor leaving first city to garwater

Also just so you guys know its impossible to run out of gas when you get low they pratically hand your a free area with alot of gas

Edited by blfire

Ok got it, one last question, did you try to force-spawn them (dashboarding as soon as one them starts talking during the ride) or did you simply rushed through the game and hoped they will appear!?

I don't bother doing more runs, getting close to my unlimited ammo relic and rather blasting through then dashboarding all the time.

striaght blast through, i doing an infinite ammo run right now, tbh it sucks, the best relic imo is the bow+ assault rifle. When you have terrible guns infinite ammo blows.

Roger roger and thanks! Well I wasn't sure what to use for my 2nd run either the one you are using or the one for "heavy melee weapon attack" and I ended up with the latter since there is no ammo for the Assault Rifle in the beginning.

I have exclusively traveled on streets on both my playthroughs and havent encountered a single random survivor at all in unmarked locations, so I don't advise using street travel. Also, how many cars are there? I swear I have them all but still haven't unlocked it. Story cars:

The police car

The army truck thing from Garwater

The car from the drive in movie

Optional:

Sedan

Crossover

SUV

Double Cab Truck

Still no random survivor dammit and I have two seats free, thought I got all questions done but here goes another two:

-Do you throw all your FUEL away so that you force-stop!?

-Can you confirm that the survivors can spawn at every location/task!? I mean, only at SCAVENGER CHANCE or even on BREAKDOWNS etc.!?

This shit is driving me crazy. If I could get at least one, I know it's working. Yeah RANDOM IS STILL FUCKING RANDOM I know. Sorry hehe.

Still no random survivor dammit and I have two seats free, thought I got all questions done but here goes another two:

-Can you confirm that the survivors can spawn at every location/task!? I mean, only at SCAVENGER CHANCE or even on BREAKDOWNS etc.!?

This shit is driving me crazy. If I could get at least one, I know it's working. Yeah RANDOM IS STILL FUCKING RANDOM I know. Sorry hehe.

The three I´ve found (girl in a rooftop, girl on top of a train car and guy on top of n orange truck) were specific events. Like, the game stoped the trip and said "there is a survivor up ahead... blah blah blah.... what you want to do" and there were the options to stop and check on them or keep driving.

Never found a survivor during a scavenge event or retrieve fuel, etc.

Check the community guide blaze. Ahmad only spawns when your trip is prompted to for a survivor while Sarah for instance is random during a scavenge trip.

The three I´ve found (girl in a rooftop, girl on top of a train car and guy on top of n orange truck) were specific events. Like, the game stoped the trip and said "there is a survivor up ahead... blah blah blah.... what you want to do" and there were the options to stop and check on them or keep driving.

Never found a survivor during a scavenge event or retrieve fuel, etc.

Oh man that helps a lot thanks. Do you by chance remember if it was BACK ROADS/HIGHWAYS!?

Check the community guide blaze. Ahmad only spawns when your trip is prompted to for a survivor while Sarah for instance is random during a scavenge trip.

I'm on it all the time man but that's not enough information for me, that's why I asked in here for details as you can see in my other posts.

Found SARAH BELL a second time but have no luck with HOLLY/AHMAD/GLORIA. Getting annoying!

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

Oh man that helps a lot thanks. Do you by chance remember if it was BACK ROADS/HIGHWAYS!?

I'm on it all the time man but that's not enough information for me, that's why I asked in here for details as you can see in my other posts.

Found SARAH BELL a second time but have no luck with HOLLY/AHMAD/GLORIA. Getting annoying!

Travel method DOES NOT MATTER. Anyone who tells you otherwise is blowing smoke, I did all back roads and others have done all highway-- it simply does not matter one bit.

As far as not enough info you aren't reading it correctly. Some of the survivors are special trip events only (Ahmad or Gloria) like Rick said while others are scavenge events like Holly or Sarah. The only defining factor is that you need to be between two main mission points where they are discovered.

Travel method DOES NOT MATTER. Anyone who tells you otherwise is blowing smoke, I did all back roads and others have done all highway-- it simply does not matter one bit.

As far as not enough info you aren't reading it correctly. Some of the survivors are special trip events only (Ahmad or Gloria) like Rick said while others are scavenge events like Holly or Sarah. The only defining factor is that you need to be between two main mission points where they are discovered.

Just missing two survivors now, fucking HOLLY and GLORIA. I will just keep on dashboarding on the specific routes until they appear. The guide on the sister-site has included some detailed encounters, i.e. where he/she exactly found them.

Just missing two survivors now, fucking HOLLY and GLORIA. I will just keep on dashboarding on the specific routes until they appear. The guide on the sister-site has included some detailed encounters, i.e. where he/she exactly found them.

I find that comment funny. I had to wait until I got on my computer to see what you were talking about and I find it laughable at best.

You mean they have the same format and information DOWN TO THE WORDING which I've been working on nightly and all they did was say I found so and so between these two points?

The whole point behind these characters being random is that THEY ARE RANDOM! There is absolutely not point in telling you where I found Gloria or where I found Ahmad or any of the others because so long as you are within the same two points that are listed AND CONFIRMED you have the same chance I did at landing an encounter.

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG

The whole point behind these characters being random is that THEY ARE RANDOM! There is absolutely not point in telling you where I found Gloria or where I found Ahmad or any of the others because so long as you are within the same two points that are listed AND CONFIRMED you have the same chance I did at landing an encounter.

What a bunch of crap. Unbelievable. IT DOES MAKE SENSE. The guide on ps3trophies.org and some help of a friend supported me big time in earning this last achievement.

They clearly stated which route they've encountered the randoms like 3-4x and THAT MATTER OF FACT DOES help and saves a lot of time.

You could play the game like 15-20 times and hope you will find them or you simply do the EXACT routes other has mentioned (with dashboarding) and get them within your 3rd-5th attempt!!! Simple as that.

Reading this thread again just makes me laugh. It's mostly arguing and pointing out opinions instead of FACTS!

Also reading the infos in this guide regarding this achievement seems more copy & paste from here:

Never mind I'm done with this game! Btw, I'm not the only one in here with this thoughts...

Now that's not necessarily true. Yes they may appear within a general area but it's been reported all over the place that specific paths have had greater chances of survivors appearing.

I mean let's face it, guides written on 360A by YOU or anyone rather are meant to be FOR the community. It's supposed to be geared towards the best most-reasonable ways of acquiring achievements. Store bought strategy guides will tell you to jump here and shoot here for their achievement, but the reality is the community may have a better/easier way of doing it therein it should be written this way for US.

You ARE right, these random survivors are random within an area, but it should not be thrown out the window that they have had a greater chance of appearing for the community between two points no matter how coincidental it may sound. Truthfully, I would rather restart between two areas than to have a massive location to be searching.

Write it for the community is all I'm saying, not for the store bought "it's this way or no way" attitude.

Now that's not necessarily true. Yes they may appear within a general area but it's been reported all over the place that specific paths have had greater chances of survivors appearing.

I mean let's face it, guides written on 360A by YOU or anyone rather are meant to be FOR the community. It's supposed to be geared towards the best most-reasonable ways of acquiring achievements. Store bought strategy guides will tell you to jump here and shoot here for their achievement, but the reality is the community may have a better/easier way of doing it therein it should be written this way for US.

You ARE right, these random survivors are random within an area, but it should not be thrown out the window that they have had a greater chance of appearing for the community between two points no matter how coincidental it may sound. Truthfully, I would rather restart between two areas than to have a massive location to be searching.

Write it for the community is all I'm saying, not for the store bought "it's this way or no way" attitude.

Even on activision support they state ranges of points not specific locations because they are random. I simply don't understand the confusion and the general distaste for not having the exact place where someone found a character. It's not like anyone is being led on a goose chase. Sigh...

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG
Wording choice