So how're the console folk enjoying Crysis for the first time?

bigfoot1291

As stated^

I personally played this the day it came out on my PC, but still wanted to pick this up due to the revamped controls and just to see how it looked on consoles. And for achievements of course :3

I can honestly say I was impressed by how it managed to look on the consoles, especially the jungle. There are a couple iffy areas and glitches, but I think it holds its own.

How do the people who are just playing it for the first time liking it? I have been hearing some people experiencing glitches with achievements and difficulty settings but I personally didn't experience one single glitch O.o

I've been waiting for this game to come out on the consoles for awhile now. It didn't feel right playing Crysis 2 before playing this. I had no idea about the story or where the Nano suit came from.

I like the game so far far, Its reminds me of Far Cry 1 & 2 but on a much large scale.

Even though i barely played it on PC before, when i heard Crysis 2 was going to be a city setting i knew it wasn't going to be as good as this one. Now that i've had a chance to play the original (only on the 4th mission) i have to say this games 10 times better than what Crysis 2 was IMO.

Too bad they didn't include multiplayer with this release too.

I definitely liked it.

I think it's better than Crysis 2, I felt more open when I was in the jungle setting instead of the city in Crysis 2. I already beat the game, and I'm beating it on Delta difficulty right now.

And it's probably one of the best 20 bucks I've ever spent, also worth every penny in my opinion. I've been always wanting to play Crysis, but could barely play it on my pc. And I'm still in awe on how they put it on the console, but kudos to Crytek for managing to do it and made it look good.

Edited by xkevunx

I am loving it!!!! I have never had a gaming pc and wanted to play this 4 yrs ago, and went ape shit when i saw it on the GOD. I have to say I am very impressed with the graphics and everything else.. I bought this same day as RAGE and have been hooked playing this.. just beat 1st run thru and i have to say i like it better than Cry2. I also had a glitch with 1 cheevo but it fixed itself after the next 1 i unlocked. now for run thru on Delta!!

I played Crysis whit my shity pc sometime 2009 but i stopped because...Well my pc was shity. I could barely run it on Low. But brother had better Pc and i played it sometime but i didn't beat it. But now that it's on consoles and it cost only 1680Msp i will surely buy it soon.

Im usually very paranoid about spending Ms points but this simply seems very good deal.

I like it but I prefer Crysis 2. I was pretty unsure on it until I saw that mountain breaking apart during Onslaught. From then on it got better and more interesting. Act 3 is the best part of the game. The pacing is really good. As was the second one as well.

Fighting KPA was a yawn fest for the most part.

Loved it. I have had it since day one on PC.. Upgraded my machine to play it at Very High (think it was called Enthusiast) settings. I must admit, I was very surprised that the 360 version looked comparable to the PC version at High setting, except a few things, rocks and leaves on the ground are very low res..... but, honestly, when you're running through the jungle at breakneck speeds, or keeping your eyes peeled for NK Regulars to come out of the woodwork on you, things like ground texturing isn't really important. They have obviously put in a lot more occulsion to shut down everything that isn't in direct sight, as well as lowering the view distance. The pop in is slight, but over all they did an amazing job.

Now, too bad NONE of my Delta cheevs popped..... sigh... guess I am going to have to start at square one with my Delta set.

Edited by CouchOrnament
Site and sight... really, I mean jebus.

Too bad they didn't include multiplayer with this release too.

I think it's great that they didn't. Multiplayer is an unnecessary addition to games (unless it's CoD, Halo, or Gears).

it was fantastic, good shooting and an extremely easy 1000g

Completely agree.

It's sweet and an easy 1000g, FTW

Completely agree again.

Excellent twenty dollars spent.

Completely agree again again.

I love this game. I never got to experience it on PC back when it came out, so now I have a chance to, and I wish I was able to experience it then. My PC just wouldn't be able to handle it well.

I think it's quite excellent. A lot of complaints have been about the linearity of later levels, and while they are, it's not so much of a disappointment, because they're able to tell a better story and provide you with a few more "wow" moments.

Really good game. A little short I thought though.

• 2 months later...

This is my first time experiencing Crysis, never played it on the PC due to low specs on my computer. THIS GAME IS BLAST! I enjoyed Crysis 2, but I'm enjoying this one much more. The jungle setting, imo, delivers more freedom and choice towards your combat style and such. I was amazed at how it looked on my Xbox 360. I know the Xbox can deliver amazing graphics, but this felt like I was playing on a future next gen console :woop: Haven't played much. I'm on the 4th or 5th mission I think? Overall, this game is one of the very best I have EVER played.