who's midnight launchin it!?

smokevf

who' midnight launchin this beast?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. who' midnight launchin this beast?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many people and too many of the worst kind of gamers to stomach a midnight release for this game. Not to mention by the time you get home and get the beast installed and loaded up it'll be way too late to even scratch the surface of the game. I'd rather get an early start, be awake and have a full attention span for this game.

Now that I've talked all this shit I'll probably be wide awake at midnight and end up going. What a hypocrite.

Off topic: Hey OP you say you're a Gamestop manager, how many pre-orders does your store have for this game?

I have been to some...and they are not all that bad. Sometimes they have door prizes, and give away cardboard cutouts and the likes. Sometimes they grill out, sometimes they have pizza and drinks...

However, as stated above...the lines are usually massive and chaotic, with people piling up several hours in advance (probably some there now).

I usually get a good nights rest, and waltz in at 10 A.M. and I am in and out within 2 minutes. Which is what I intend to do. (Though as WalterWhite stated, I will probably be wide awake, and end up there waiting in line)

Edit:

I have a question, my Gamestop said come at 10 to finalize payment, so does that mean I have to wait from 10 - 12 or can I just go home and come back as I live right down the street? Thanks

If it is like mine, you can go back home and show back up...they do that so everyone is paid, and they can just hand you your game and get you out of there. Otherwise, they have to handle money, make change and all that jazz....it helps to speed up the process. Though if you leave and come back, you will be further back in the line.

Edited by xKRAIZEEMANx

I've never really done a midnight launch before and will be picking this up tonight. I have a question, my Gamestop said come at 10 to finalize payment, so does that mean I have to wait from 10 - 12 or can I just go home and come back as I live right down the street? Thanks

You know what I do in that situation every time I go to a midnight release at Gamestop? I go in at ten and get my order cashed out and I come back sometimes at midnight, sometimes at about 12:15 and walk in after the line has passed through. I'm usually in and out within about a minute. It works everytime. End of line baby, works like a charm. Or just sit in your car until there's only a few people left in the store and then go in.

You know what I do in that situation every time I go to a midnight release at Gamestop? I go in at ten and get my order cashed out and I come back sometimes at midnight, sometimes at about 12:15 and walk in after the line has passed through. I'm usually in and out within about a minute. It works everytime. End of line baby, works like a charm. Or just sit in your car until there's only a few people left in the store and then go in.

exactly what i do, i just sit in my car listening to the radio in the warmth, get there at 12:30 and usually line gone by then but if not i just sit there njoying music for a while laughing at the suckers in the cold

Sounds good. Thanks!

Nah, I don't like midnight launches. I'm going to pick it up in the morning.

Off topic: Hey OP you say you're a Gamestop manager, how many pre-orders does your store have for this game?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I was talking with the manager at my Gamestop when I reserved the game, and he said he had 600 pre-orders. :eek: