Dead Island likes, dislikes & future DLC

TASSANEE

I've been asked by one of the level developers (Techland) to submit a list of things you like & dislike about Dead Island, But before I submit my list I thought I'd come here to ask all of you!

#1 What do you like about the game?

#2 What did you dislike about the game?

#3 What would you suggest for future development?

Future DLC

Here's a quote from one of the developers

"One of DLC it's almost complete. DLC 2 - WiP but now all of our forces is directed to eliminate all bugs. We have some cool ideas, but it's a surprise"

Also we will be holding a special contest in our facebook group in the coming weeks. Techland is sending me a box of Dead Island goodies! Feel free to join our group and participate! :woop:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/DeadIslandFans/

You tell them at Techland the dude that has the #1 spot on the Call of Juarez 3 leaderboards thinks their new game is pretty fuckin' hot!

Love how they are devoting some resources to fixing bugs as well as DLC.

As for DLC.. Mission packs with inclusions of new mods and weapons as loot, rewards and killed zombie drops. Increase the level cap and maybe extend the skill ree. And make Xian look less like a hammerhead shark in cutscenes, lol.

Great game, Techland.

maybe the developer could try checking some of the nearly infinite emails they have recieved for feedback. how about the voicemail that is constantly being filled to capacity. at this point, from my perspective, the dislikes dramatically out weigh the likes. as far as dlc, i want it free for all the trouble they caused me. searching for feedback when feedback is overwhelming you seems a little out of touch. please just get the game running smoothly. this game has great potential, help it live up to it.

What I like(d) was I thought it was a deep zombie survival game to hold out til Borderlands 2.

What I don't like now is that there is not enough replay value and variety in order to keep me interested. Moving on to another game and only coming back for some DLC and that probably will have to be discounted heavily for me like a DotW offer.

I feel like Techland should have polished the game before they released it. I know the hype went through the roof after the trailer was released. In all seriousness Techland, if you're trying to emulate multiple games in a single game, make sure you keep all of the things that made them great. Especially the little things! I can't harp on how much this game was a disappointment because of the little things that made other games such as Borderlands and Fallout so enjoyable.

To put it simple:

#1. The big playground full of zombies, with lots of weapons & the fun with your COOP-partners.

#2. Bugs/Glitches/Freezing/cheap Cutscenes/Story

#3. Get rid of #2 and show more love to the cutscenes & story

About the Future DLC, well we have to wait & I gotta test the first one before saying something.

- A mode that allow you to use cheat , but of course disable achievement.

Like everything is unlock and you have a special option menu , to set up cheat. That way you can have a blast with your friend , first one who decapitated 25 zombie.

- A chest to store your stuff , since Jin ain't always there. They could had a chest at each travel point. Each chest would be the same , so you can access your stuff at any time. But during a coop game your chest is not visible to other player (to prevent stealing)

- Others mission of course. But in a different environment

1) Co-op, open world exploration, the emphasize of melee over firearms, the 'analog' controls option, the setting, being able to stomp on a zombie's head is always satisfying, ng+

2) I've been very lucky in the glitch realm, but I will also say glitches/bugs, the looming expectation of a glitch/bug, the horrible cutscenes, most of the story (didn't expect much, wasn't terrible, but very forgettable and kind of just 'there'), the ending. Overall still loved the game.

3) fixin bugs/glitches, new areas to explore/ new missions, great support for the game with constant, cheap DLC ;)

Im addicted, i have gears3 still in wrap cause all im thinkin about is Dead Island(It may still be wrapped this weekend lol).

Id like to see some time trials/challenges: defeat x in x:00 minutes. Get from here to there like running a gauntlet. Something that forces teamwork or each man for himself. Sacrifice or self preservation.

Or a story add on that shows the place goin nuclear(You know itd have to happen that way) Maybe the segue into a sequal on a battleship at sea with an outbreak and the fight to keep quarantine. Unsuccessfully of course

I liked being able to cut up zombies into pieces and the openness of the game.

I dislike the not having a place to store money. I also found it quite annoying that you can only purchase one item at a time.

For future development, I would like to see new areas on the island, more variety of zombies, new modes of transportation (motorbikes, dirt bikes, mopeds and Segways) and new multiplayer modes.

I liked the setting of the game. Not every day you get to kill zombies in a nice looking beach resort. I liked the fact it relies on melee rather than guns though guns should be more powerful but ammo harder to find. It is so easy refilling your ammo when you are in human areas. The only thing that really annoyed me was that my there and back again achievement never popped but I'm hoping with the new dlc it will update to 73/73 and unlock for those of us who got screwed out of the achievement. One minor thing was that your attacks can be blocked too easily but death is almost a non-issue in this game. Other than that I enjoyed the game.

Weapon Shop Glitched when you reach Level 50

I dont know about you guys but I finally reached level 50. The Weapon Shops offer me weapons that are level 24 rather than level 50. For example,

1. Level 50

2. Level 24

3. Level 24

4. Level 24

5. Level 50

Yes, its always level 24 and 50. I hope this fix this, any of you guys experience this problem?

#1 nice idea - it felt like playing gta with zombies :D that was cool. and liked the references to other games / films etc.

#2 the ending was lame... sorry but after 40+ hours of playing i expect much more. also the variety of enemies - it was cool but not for such a long game - i wish there would have been more "special zombies". some parts where just ... unfair!

#3 PLEASE RELEASE GAMES AFTER TESTING WITHOUT SO MANY BUGS !

#1 What do you like about the game?

#2 What did you dislike about the game?

#3 What would you suggest for future development?

1. skill tree is epic, love the variety of things to upgrade and how it progresses to make you stronger.
  2. terrible spawns after you die surrounded by zombies, random unexplainable deaths (beachball). wth is bleach used to make my amo, and suiciders are just lame and pointless imo. no option to switch over single player while playing the game (you need to quit and do it at the main menue).
  3. patch the duplicator..

bold is prolly the biggest reason all the nubs spend their day kicking out randoms everytime they join. i dont see why you would even put that on the menue, if you cant scroll over and change the slots or co-op option.. a good game, i just thought it had more potential and it seems rushed.

Edited by niko da bos

I liked the whole playable part of the game(glitches aside of course) i like the guns (when fighting punks)

disliked fighting zombies with guns, the dumb infected that ignore your attacks and then disappear while still beating the crap outta you. and the skill tree. the skill tree is awesome except that once you hit lvl 50 you're done. that'd be fine if you could at least move your skill points after using them. also the lame dialogue was annoying.

DLC should be more quest with new zombies, new locations and some sorta variation.

• 1 month later...

First of all, I'd like to point out that this game is absolutely amazing. Haven't been addicted to a game this much since Bioshock. Kudos!

1. The fact that every zombie is a threat. Let down your guard and they'll smack you down good. The open world with lots of characters in it, that have their own problems. One of the things I found most impressive was the impact of each blow. Can't say I've ever experienced such great immersion in any first person melee game. Bethesda could learn one or two things from Techland!

2. The main story. Just scrap it all together and focus on the little people and their problems imo (lots of great writing and ideas there if you ask me). Final boss was a total anti-climax. My toxic mod made him puke on the second blow (he probably should be immune to such things to beef up the challenge). Needless to say, he was dead before the puking ended. Finally, the game could have used more polish and bug testing before release.

3. I'd like to see some kind of duel option between players, or some kind of versus mode (preferably with no firearms, just melee and throwables). Storage crates instead of a human NPC, where you can store and trade with your other characters.

It's hard to say what I like about the game without saying what I really really don't like.

I like all the aspects that are similar to borderlands... But at the same time I really hate that it has the same floaty, unresponsive feel as borderlands. As someone else noted, the game seems to have a slight delay to when your character does the movement that you're trying to do. It just doesn't all feel smooth enough. I think if the movement was refined so that aiming was more precise and actually walking had no delay then the game would become SO much better, I'm talking 100x more enjoyable here.

I'd also like to see more variety of weapons. Same problem as borderlands had. They boasted that their game featured a billion weapons but they're all the same with different colours :/

Easier to obtain items for modding weapons. I want some detergent? WHERE THE FUCK DO I FIND DETERGENT?! I think I've seen it twice in my 2 playthroughs? Granted, I don't bother searching most bags/bins/closets because it's such a pain to aim directly at them, go through the animations opening and picking each little thing up.. Maybe make the "picking up" items system easier or something. Like not having 100 little bags laying around and having to press x to open every single one whilst trying to not pick up the surrounding items and then, oops you picked up a weapon you don't want!!!!11 Gotta press back, then the RB is slow as hell to get to the inventory and then you gotta scroll down to find the item to drop it.

Okay I'm going to stop. I like the game but after my 2nd playthrough I think I'm sick of all the small problems with animations and the overall "jerkiness" of the controls.

(1) Easier to obtain items for modding weapons. I want some detergent? WHERE THE FUCK DO I FIND DETERGENT?! I think I've seen it twice in my 2 playthroughs? Granted, I don't bother searching most bags/bins/closets because it's such a pain to aim directly at them, go through the animations opening and picking each little thing up..

(2) Maybe make the "picking up" items system easier or something. Like not having 100 little bags laying around and having to press x to open every single one whilst trying to not pick up the surrounding items and then, oops you picked up a weapon you don't want!!!!11 Gotta press back, then the RB is slow as hell to get to the inventory and then you gotta scroll down to find the item to drop it.

For #1, you answered your own question. If you actually looked around you would find it.

Also, you must not have played since the patch, because now you just go up to a container or item, press :xbut: and it will automatically open/pick up the item. No more animation of picking it up.

#2, I see what you're saying about multiple items bunching up and making it difficult to pick up what you want, but it's seriously not as difficult as you make it seem to drop an item. Press :dup: and go to your item and press :ybut:. The :back: button is mainly just to pull up the Map.

I hope people don't read your post and get the wrong idea. Your dislikes are fixable. I hope my tips help you to enjoy it better!